I had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz from August 15th to 17th 2007.
I was attending a pharmacists conference there and brought along my family to relax while i worked.
from the moment we arrived the service was impressive to say the least.
The staff at the Ritz do really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.
We stayed in a resort view room with two queen beds.
The beds were divine! they are the most comfortable beds that i have ever slept on at any hotel or resort.
We never had any problems with housekeeping. They were generally punctual and the job was always well done. it was nice to come back to a well kept room after a long day outside.
we always had breakfast at the beachside restaurant. i think its called seven.
Again the service was excellent, and the food was good.
we mostly ate outside the resort , there is a small shopping centre about 5 minutes downthe road , where you can get decent food and also a grocery store where you can purchase snacks and fruit.
The beach was really nice my family spent a lot of time there and at the pools, while i was at the conference.
the water is warm ,and there were no waves , perfect for children and non swimmers, the ocean front pool was a bit crowded sometimes but the one near periwinkle was always quiet and inviting.
the beach chairs are very nice with a liitle hood over them , and the staff servrd cappuchino, water and smoothies at diffent times during the day.
on the third day we had to cut short our stay at the ritz since the hotel advised us to change our travel plans due to the impending passage of hurricane dean and the closure of the airport.
Again i must commend the staff for their high level of professionalisim, during this hectic time, as they were the ones who re assured the guests during their moments of anxiety , and also worke diligently to re arrange travel plans for alll the guest requiring this service.
special thanks go to Ms Lena Mc Gowen at the front desk concierge, i will always remember those re assuring words and comforting smiles ,that she gave to me during that hectic time when flights were all booked solid, and travel off the island seemed impossible,
she even called the Hilton in Jamaica and made reservations for me and my family to spend the night there , when we at last got a flight off the island.
also at the front desk was another hard working employee who , worked very professionally , always with a smile despite intense pressure from anxious guests. Keep up the good work Gabriella !
all in all it was a wonderfull expierience staying at the Ritz.
The service by all categories of staff was of a vey high quality .
congratultions to them all !!!
i really would have liked to stay a few days longer , but i think i will definitely return sometime in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands