We returned from our vacation at the Ritz two weeks ago. We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms and if a view is important to you - book an ocean view room because there really is no view from these rooms!
All in all our experience was good. Some of the nicer things about this property:
The rooms are large and fairly well appointed.
The beds were extremely comfortable - my husband and I both have a difficult time sleeping in hotels - we slept very well this trip.
It was our anniversary and they sent champagne and strawberries to our room- which was very nice.
The beach at this resort is immaculate - the stretch of sand is beautiful.
The buffet (BBQ cookout) at Seven was very good. A great variety of food very well prepared.
The chairs on the beach are very close together and you do feel like sardines! Most of the chairs closest to the water are reserved very early (I don't know if the hotel reserves these for special guests) We are early risers and were on the beach by 8:00 am some mornings and the chairs were already reserved!
I have never stayed at a hotel which had worse housekeeping. I don't know if it is just the cheaper rooms or all rooms, but our room was completely ignored one day and the next day we had to call at 5:30 p.m. to have the room cleaned. They were not very nice when we called!
Eats restaurant is great for breakfast. It is about a block down from the Ritz.
Try taking a bus - we took buses and cabs and both were very easy, but the bus gives you a little more local flavor!
Loved Eduardo's and Deckers for dinner.
Cracked Conch restaurant was not that great!
If you go to Georgetown, be advised that not all stores are open if there are no cruise ships in port. However, it is less crowded without the ships.
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands