The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Pool
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
3,216 results
All reviewsbar jackthe ritzclub levelbeach sideresort viewgrand caymanocean frontsushi restauranttasting menusteam roomresort feefour seasonsfront rowrum punchpaddle boardsfitness centerbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Just returned from a business trip with my husband. We really enjoyed our stay and thought it was an opulent, beautiful hotel. The staff was wonderful and helpful, and we loved the refreshing complimentary beverages at check-in. Our room was nice, and the bathroom was great with a tub, separate shower, and double sinks (no overhead fan though - what gives?). The experience we had at Blue by Eric Ripert restaurant was AMAZING, and we consider ourselves foodies. We also had a few buffets set up for our business meetings and they were fantastic. One of our big disappointments was breakfast on our departure day - we thought we could find something quick to eat before our trip to the airport but learned there were only sit down options, so we were forced to order room service to go instead. Probably the most overpriced breakfast quesadilla ever! We also disliked that we had to pay for internet service on top of the 4-digit bill (seriously, Ritz - can't you just make it complimentary at this point?). We each experienced the spa once, and while it's a fabulous and well-done facility, it was the most expensive massage I've ever had in my life and I've been to some really nice spas around the US. I would've done more spa services but it really was cost prohibitive. I used the fitness center and thought it was great and well outfitted though. Overall we loved our stay, the hospitality, and being part of the Ritz experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for two weeks for our honeymoon and had a fabulous time. We went during low season in July, so the hotel was not crazy crowded.
Granted, this was an expensive vacation, but it was our honeymoon, so we really were willing to spend what we wanted to really enjoy ourselves.
First, let me say that the overall property was very clean and the grounds were very well groomed. The rooms were nice, but fairly small for what the cost is to stay there. We stayed in an Oceanfront room. The bathroom was very well appointed with a marble steam shower and soaking tub with double sinks and were furnished with Bvlgari products which was a treat.
The staff is very friendly and very helpful and even though this is a very upscale, somehow they managed to make it feel warm. Every night with turndown service, they would fill the ice bucket and offer chocolates.
The on site restaurants were excellent. We did spend the money to do dining on the beach under a cabana with tikki torches, etc, which was so delightful and our waiter was fabulous! If this is something you are interested in doing it was VERY EXPENSIVE. I think if I remember correctly the bill came to about $700 because they charge you for the set up and then the food and gratuity is separate. But it was a very romantic experience for our honeymoon. Do not miss the opportunity to dine at Blue. We did the chef tasting menu and it was AMAZING!!!
We also rented a car for the day at the hotel at Hertz on site and it was really simple.
The beach is absolutely breath taking and has towel service with chairs that with optional individual umbrellas. There are tons of activities, jet skiing, aqua bikes, snorkeling, etc. I did swim out and snorkel and saw a ton of fish. There is waiter service on the beach and they are always happy to bring you complimentary water and they always are passing complimentary smoothies and juice. They also come around with scented frozen wash cloths to cool you off which was also a nice treat.
We also took the Ritz charter to Sting Ray City, which was much more expensive than some of the charters off property, but it was so worth it. There were 8 of us including the captain and a guide from the Cousteau society. It was an amazing trip and the best snorkeling I have ever done. It was so awesome!
I could go on and on and on, but all and all I would give this a great rating. It was romantic for us for our honeymoon, but it looked like there was a lot of activities for families too. There is nothing like a Ritz Carlton property and this one does not disappoint.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NYCJEN
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We just got back from the Ritz Carlton in Grand Cayman where we spent a week and it was GREAT. My agent in Greensboro NC recommended this resort and it was worth the extra cost compared to the others. Also, because the agency we used we recevied a $100 resort credit ....... We could not have been happier!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelguru25
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Normally I consider myself a Four Seasons customer rather than a Ritz Carlton customer. It seems like both, though, have some locations which are somewhat lackluster (RC downtown atlanta GA, FS Houston TX) compared to their more illustrious other locations,( e.g. FS Chicago, and FS Maui). The Ritz Carlton in Grand Cayman also raises the bar for the Ritz Carlton brand and makes one reconsider preferences.

First off, don’t go here if price is an issue. It’s expensive. There is nothing budget about it, although you do get what you pay for. What you pay for is amazingly attentive service and an invigorating, immaculate atmosphere.

At check-in we were offered drinks and snacks, then the lobby concierge Ervin gave us a tour. Throughout the stay, Ervin made us feel like we were the only guests in the hotel . For example he always called my 2 small children and me by name whenever he saw us, asking what he could do to help. He was like a patrolling concierge and always seemed to know what was going on with our scheduled activities and dining. He would intervene if we needed him and didn’t need to worry about things getting done. He was amazing but just one of many people there who seem to genuinely enjoy making your stay wonderful. Everyone was great. We felt like the only guests in the hotel even though the staff seemed to dote over everyone else in the same way. The warmth of the staff overcame the image I usually have of Ritz Carlton as being stuffy and formal, indicated by its usually ornate and traditional decor.

There are two areas to stay, one being closer to the beach and the other across the road by a different pool and the golf course. Being closer to the beach was better for us as the beach is excellent for small children. Be aware that both pools have ledges but are actually quite deep if you have children who can’t swim yet. The beach was very clean with white sand and calm clear water on most days.

For activities, we went on a sunset cruise not associated directly with the Ritz that was nice. We also went on a snorkeling trip to the sting ray city with Marvin’s tours. Both are recommended and we’d do them again.

The La Prairie spa at the hotel was good. Decorated in silver and white, it’s a trippy atmosphere with excellent services. I do feel that the prices were quite high, likely due to the branding, the decor and the fact that they have a captive audience. If you don’t have time to indulge in services at home it might be worth it. It’s probably likely that you can get equally good services elsewhere at lower prices. I did like this spa, though.

For dining, we liked all the restaurants. There is a lot of Wagyu beef on the menu along with fresh fish and good wines. The prices are in line with what you’d expect for this type of thing. The flagship restaurant, Blue, is set up by Eric Ripert of Le Bernardin. Typical of restaurants established by celebrated chefs away from their main venues, he’s probably not there much and the place seemed to be a little bit on autopilot. The current chef de cuisine is a gentleman named Luis Lujan. The food was excellent, if a little bit predictable. We had an all-seafood tasting menu with paired wines which was very good but seemed a little bit expensive for what it was. All fish was extremely fresh, as it also was in the house sushi bar. Of note, the sushi chefs are Korean and Philippine, if you are interested in Japanese sushi.

Sometimes it seems like a hotel could do better to take a chef with talent but a lower recognition level and let them have a more direct role in the kitchen than have a starred name who’s really not doing much to keep the place vital.

All in all, I’d definitely return to this hotel and felt like it was great. Just remember: if price is an issue it would be hard to enjoy all this while looking at the bill.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank SKS1969
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton from April 17-22. Initially upon arriving at the airport, I was disappointed to see major puddles following a heavy rain. An airport worker said it had rained like Niagara Falls. Recognizing that most of the Caribbean Islands get a little bit of rain frequently, I wasn't overly concerned. By the time we got to the hotel, the sun was out. We were greeted by the bellman who took our luggage and introduced us to the concierge who took us to the Club Room, where we checked in. It was early afternoon so the lunchtime meal offering was out. Each day there was a nice selection of meat, cheese, some type of panini, soup, salad ingredients, crackers, bread, etc., 4 selections of desserts, as well as soft drinks, water, champagne, wine, beer, rum punch, etc. All that was necessary if you needed something was simply to ask. By the time we went to our room, our luggage had already been placed there. I highly recommend paying the additional to get Club Room Privileges. Morning time there was always some type of quiche, lots of fruit, lots of baked items, yogurt, mueslix, hot cereal, cold cereals, bagels, etc. Evening appetizers were excellent. Each night varied, but there was always some type of sushi, cheeses, a variety of items depending on the day, coconut shrimp, conch fritters, beef tenderloin satay, lobster satay, egg rolls, cheeses, etc., plus a selection of candies, and later in the evening were wonderful desserts and cordials. No compalints -- it was all good. Since we had a beachfront room, we tended to stay on that side of the hotel, although it is not a long walk to the other pool or the club room which are both on the opposite side of the road from the Beach. Not a problem. The room was very nice, the staff everywhere was over the top. Fabulous. The water in the ocean was cloudy following the rain, but after it cleared out it was crystal clear like pool water. There are (limited) floats available for the pool or the beach, but there were plenty of chaises available at both the pool and the beach. In the ocean, there were also some additional floats that were available... so nice - as well as floating table and chairs and floating beds (which could be reserved for a fee). We worked out each day in the fitness center which was very well equipped with plenty of cardio machines and weight equipment. Classes were offered each day, pilates, power weights, yoga, etc. at designated times. In addition to eating in the Club Room, which was more than adequate, we also ate dinner at Bar Jack (poolside eating), Periwinkle and 7 Prime. 7 Prime has the best steaks ever. We did not eat at Blue, but heard from some other people that it was excellent and well worth the price. The pool, at least the one near the beach was deep.... 4 feet in the shallow end and 10 feet in the deep end, which could be a cause for concern if you have little ones that do not swim well. Fresh fruit was offering during the day, as well as popsicles and ice cream treats. Other than my concern for the pool being deep (which was fine for us), the hotel is tops of all the places I have been. It is centrally located in about the middle of 7 Mile Beach, so we walked both directions and didn't see anything that compared. Not only would I recomment this hotel to a friend, I hope to go back in the future. .

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple