My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for two weeks for our honeymoon and had a fabulous time. We went during low season in July, so the hotel was not crazy crowded.
Granted, this was an expensive vacation, but it was our honeymoon, so we really were willing to spend what we wanted to really enjoy ourselves.
First, let me say that the overall property was very clean and the grounds were very well groomed. The rooms were nice, but fairly small for what the cost is to stay there. We stayed in an Oceanfront room. The bathroom was very well appointed with a marble steam shower and soaking tub with double sinks and were furnished with Bvlgari products which was a treat.
The staff is very friendly and very helpful and even though this is a very upscale, somehow they managed to make it feel warm. Every night with turndown service, they would fill the ice bucket and offer chocolates.
The on site restaurants were excellent. We did spend the money to do dining on the beach under a cabana with tikki torches, etc, which was so delightful and our waiter was fabulous! If this is something you are interested in doing it was VERY EXPENSIVE. I think if I remember correctly the bill came to about $700 because they charge you for the set up and then the food and gratuity is separate. But it was a very romantic experience for our honeymoon. Do not miss the opportunity to dine at Blue. We did the chef tasting menu and it was AMAZING!!!
We also rented a car for the day at the hotel at Hertz on site and it was really simple.
The beach is absolutely breath taking and has towel service with chairs that with optional individual umbrellas. There are tons of activities, jet skiing, aqua bikes, snorkeling, etc. I did swim out and snorkel and saw a ton of fish. There is waiter service on the beach and they are always happy to bring you complimentary water and they always are passing complimentary smoothies and juice. They also come around with scented frozen wash cloths to cool you off which was also a nice treat.
We also took the Ritz charter to Sting Ray City, which was much more expensive than some of the charters off property, but it was so worth it. There were 8 of us including the captain and a guide from the Cousteau society. It was an amazing trip and the best snorkeling I have ever done. It was so awesome!
I could go on and on and on, but all and all I would give this a great rating. It was romantic for us for our honeymoon, but it looked like there was a lot of activities for families too. There is nothing like a Ritz Carlton property and this one does not disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands