“Great Service and Ambiance, Ritz doesn't disappoint”

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Upon arrival we were welcomed with fruit punch drinks at the check-in desk. Our resort view king room actually had a partial view of the ocean and was spacious and well-appointed. Bathrobes, toothpaste, nail files, etc. are all stocked in the bathroom so travelers do not need to worry if they have left something at home. The breakfast in 7 was great as well as the pool side lunch. Pool side service was a bit slow. There is an Avis on-site if you want to rent a car and check out the island a bit. Friday nights at the Ritz are quite the scene (if you want to party). The fitness facility was clean, the spa was fantastic. Spa prices are a bit high, but this is also the Ritz Carlton. Try Calypso Grill (Morgan Harbour) if you get a chance, the mojitos are fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CATrvl08
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman

Reviewed January 20, 2009

A hot dog, burger, and two local Caybrews at the pool will set you back $70 US. So, budget travelers beware. If you want a tropical cocktail its gonna cost you $20+ US.
The rooms are pretty average and lack modern amenities no IPOD docks or digital clocks etc.
If you like the feel of a trendy spot this is not it...... think old money and families although the bar on Friday night was the hippest place on the island. When it comes to the staff its mixed some people act like they can't be bothered but there are certainly a lot of who will go out of their way for you.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and well kept. You won't be disappointed with the pools, beach, or restaurants. The spa is divine and my favorite part of the whole property.
We attended a wedding here and I must say that if you are planning a wedding...YES..its gorgeous and it seemed well orchestrated. Although people on the beach were in their bathing suits and beach chairs enjoying a front row view of the festivites the entire time.
Compared to other luxury hotels such as a Four Seasons I vote this Ritz as just average. There were a lot of issues we had in a short time with mildewed sheets, not having our room properly cleaned etc.. That is why I think this place is merely average and not worth the $$$$. However, this is the nicest place on seven mile so I guess if you want luxury this is what you get.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mountain_Bluebird
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We just returned from a 10 night stay at the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman with our 6 month old and our friends with their 3 year old. It was absolutely fabulous. After being horribly disappointed last year with the Ritz St. Thomas we decided to play it safe and go back to the Ritz Grand Cayman where we had a great vacation in 2006. From the incredible food at all 3 restaurants to the beautiful property, well-kept rooms, and generally good service, everything was as we remembered it. The Silver Rain spa was incredible ( I had 6 treatments) and as an avid spa-goer, would definitely say this is my favorite spa in the world. The service was slow at times, especially at the beach, and they messed up orders more than one would expect at a Rtiz, but were always apologetic and tried extensively (almost annoyingly so) to make up for it. All in all we had a wonderful time and have already booked it for next year.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I just returned from the Ritz Carlton for a business trip. When I arrived in Grand Cayman, my luggage didn't. I had an important presentation the next morning and only had a few incidentals in my carryon with my presentation.
The concierge, Sabine, and the Bell Captain Ollie jumped in to save the day. I have stayed at numerous five star plus hotels, but this was by far the best. They catered to my needs, took me to the local store where I was able to buy a few things to sustain me and treated me with five star plus service. My sincere thanks to Ollie for his wonderful personality. He kept me laughing and made me appreciate how wonderful life really is.
The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the service is impeccible.
They don't miss a beat. The food is a culinary delight and the presentation was beautiful. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.
Jo-Ann M.
Queensbury, NY

Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank belizejo
Reviewed January 5, 2009

My husband and I spent 4 nights at The Ritz, choosing after reading all the wonderful reviews. We stayed oceanfront, 8th floor, rooms are nicely appointed, including the complimentary bottles of water daily. I highly suggest the ocean side rooms - as others have noted it’s quite a hike from the other side of the hotel and the views are great from the ocean balconies.

The hotel does have some of the best service I have experienced, the beach attendants were spectacular and always there when you wanted one. Concierge was very knowledgeable and helpful, rented a car directly on property which was convenient. Housekeeping seemed to be average, had a few problems w/the turndown service but nothing to really rave or complain about. We arrived on my husband’s birthday which I made the front desk aware of, no type of acknowledgment was made.

Hotel is on a great stretch of sand, luckily we were there doing low season as chairs are placed very close together, and voices carry from pool area. We tend to prefer fewer crowds so I don’t think I would stay here doing the high season.

Food & drinks were good, Blue was excellent, sushi in lobby restaurant was very good. I don’t know if anything was quite as good as the prices that went along with it, they are close to the prices of the South Pacific.

The hotel is beautiful in a traditional way, not anything to give you a feel for being in the Caribbean. All in all we enjoyed ourselves and if you get a good deal on the room, I would recommend it. Otherwise there seemed to be a lot of other nice hotel choices.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aztecgirl
Reviewed January 4, 2009

The Ritz Carlton was by far the most beautiful resort I have ever visited. Nothing was overlooked from the clean floors to the wonderful service. We stayed in a 1bedroom blue tip suite. The suite great and pleanty of room for my husband, 1 yr old son, and myself. The only thing differently I would do is stay directly on the beach side. I would love to wake up to the sunrise, and end such priceless days looking into the ocean.
I agree with those who say the Ritz is expensive. Great food, Great service, and Great ambiance usually is. You get what you pay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank NyBrandi
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This hotel is humongous yet it is very elegant and classy. If you stay on the beach side it is on the opposite side of the hotels main entrance. There is a skywalk to connect the two. Make sure you get booked in a room close to the elevators. Even though we were on the beach side it took 15 minutes to walk to the beach. The pina coladas are the best I have ever tasted. The weekly beach bbq was great. Everybody is so friendly. It is a very diverse work staff. Make sure to go to the turtle farm and snorkeling in Stingray City.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple