Just returned from a 5-night stay. Seven Mile Beach is the most beautiful stretch of beach in Grand Cayman (IMHO) and the Ritz is well positioned - further south, it gets a bit rocky, and further north, it gets almost desolate. Service was great - most notable were the stellar staff/management members we repeatedly encountered during our stay, who were the ideal level of attentive, helpful, and friendly. Arjun (sp?) who manages the bar and other areas was so great and professional and snuck us vanilla ice cream into the bar on late nights for our affogato; Brian at the bar gave us great restaurant tips; Phillip at concierge gave us great directions on sights around the island; and Robert on the beach who set up our beach chairs was professional and always steered us toward the best chairs/areas.
I highly recommend the ocean view rooms, the extra $$ was worth it. The views are gorgeous and you're conveniently located by the beach and ocean-side pool (the "resort" side of the Ritz is across the street from the beach (although connected to the beach side by hallway)). If you want to snorkel, jet ski, or engage in other water sports the Red Sail outpost is at the Westin just two resorts up (5 min. walk); if you want to rent a car, Avis is located on the 5th floor at the Ritz. Everything was very conveniently arranged.
If you play tennis and want to take lessons the pros (most of them German) are jovial and great hitters, and the clay courts are well kept.
As for the food, the resort fare is definitely decent - the food at the beach (from Bar Jack) is solid and Periwinkle has good dinner. The buffet breakfast for $24 C.I. ($30 US) seemed steep after a couple mornings, so we walked to a nearby cafe (Azzurro - best lattes) our last few days. Food overall on the island was pretty expensive but that's no surprise.
I wouldn't pay upwards of $1000+ during peak season but going just before that at a much reduced rate was the perfect caribbean vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, West Indies, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands