This was our second stay at a Ritz for a beach vacation and it was fantastic. We stayed at the Ritz in Jamaica a couple of years ago and it doesn't even begin to compare to the Ritz Grand Cayman! We were so pleased with everything.
**Spa: Expensive, but worth it. Everything was about twice what we have paid at home, but everything was top notch. I had the Silver Rain Pedicure which was relaxing and fun (the french tips were silver instead of the traditional white). My husband had the Swedish massage which he loved. He didn't utter one word about the cost so it was obviously worth it. He said it was the best he had ever had! The decor when you enter the spa was spectacular. At the very least stop by the spa just so you can see the entrance! The steam room, sauna, etc. at the spa are included in the resort fee so you can use them without scheduling a spa treatment.
**Beach: The beach was beautiful and not crowded while we were visiting. We were able to get chairs without any problem. The waiters brought by complimentary fruit, cold towels, cappucino, water & mango smoothies while we were there (not all on the same day). What a treat!! Beverages were a bit expensive throughout the resort so we limited ourselves when by the pool. About $30+ per round for 2 people. The water was perfect and calm. We snorkeled off the beach one day and saw a stingray and lots of fish. The floats and snorkel gear is complementary.
**Dining: We ate breakfast and lunch at 7. It was good. We found ordering off the menu made more sense than the buffet. Portions were plenty big and it costs about $20 less per meal. We also at lunch at Bar Jack one day. Good food. Not too pricey. Service was a bit slow. We ate most meals off property. Eats Cafe across from the Westin is perfect for breakfast and very inexpensive. We also ate at the Sushi place next door (Yoshi?). It was fantastic and also reasonably priced. We took a cab one night to the Reef Grill and that was by far our best meal. Fantastic service, food, price and a view of 7 mile beach! Dinner ran about $150 w/drinks (2 people).
**Room: Well appointed. The bathroom was very nice. What you would expect from the Ritz. Maid service was great for us. No complaints. There was even Woolite for our swimming suits in with the q-tips. Wow! We stocked our fridge with cokes and snacks from the grocery store down the street. I would highly recommend doing this as it will save you a bundle on snacks. $50 worth of snacks kept us away from the mini bar!!
**Activities: We went on 2 excursions w/Red Sail located at Wave near the pool. Price was good and the trips were good (Stingray city w/lunch & West Bay snorkel cruise) but the crews were kind of boring. And nothing but water to drink on the catamaran. If we return (and we probably will) we will go with another vendor. It was still a lot of fun, though.
We plan to return w/our kids in the next couple of years. We were very pleased. There are things we could point out that are insignificant (like the coffee was not great) but in the long run they don't really matter for me choosing a hotel. Book it! You will have a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Marriott, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands