The Ritz is very asthetically appealing. We had a garden view room. The walk to the beach was less than 5 minutes - I know some people felt it was far but we did not. I had an amazing meal at Blue - we had the tasting menu with wine pairing, which I would highly recommend. The beach is pristine.
Unfortunately, we had daily issues with housekeeping that caused me to give this hotel a low rating. In fact, I would never stay at a Ritz again. The policy is that housekeeping comes 2x/day. The first time, I believe, should be between 8:30 and 4:30, then again before 9:30 pm. We were lucky if they came once a day. They were more likely to come at the end of the day and do the turn down service at the same time. Or, no one showed up for the turndown service. And, when they did come, the room was not left clean and they did not restock one or more items daily like coffee, coffee condiment kits, conditioner, glasses, etc. One day we came back to our room at 4:30 and it hadn't been cleaned. Someone came at 4:45 so we had to leave the room after being gone for 7 hours. Also, when I called guest services for missing items, they were never delivered. Our terrace was really sandy so I swept it with a magazine into a pile by the sliding door so housekeeping would see it but it sat there for 4 days. I spilled ice on the floor and when I picked it up it was covered with sand. We took our shoes off in the doorway and rinsed our feet at the beach shower so I can only imagine the sand was from the prior guest. I started leaving notes for the items I wanted restocked and cleaned. At the midpoint of our week stay, guest services called (Jenny) to ask how our trip was and we told her we had housekeeping issues. She was very apologetic and came to room, subsequently having a staff member thoroughly clean it, which was appreciated. He did a nice job. However, he took the bathrobes. When I called guest services for two robes, they never came. I called 45 minutes later, and they brought 2 robes with no sashes so we had to call again. After that, I just tried to ignore it and didn't bother calling for anything anymore. This is really just a drop in the bucket of the issues we had. I clean a lot at home. When I travel, I keep the room very tidy - all garbage thrown away, clothes away, clean surfaces, etc. so I couldn't make it easier for housekeeping unless I changed my own sheets and borrowed their vaccuum. Having to sweep sand, leave notes, make unresponsive phone calls, etc. was really annoying and started to become a focus of our trip, creating friction. My husband ordered a floral arrangement for my birthday to be delivered during turndown service while we were at dinner. They were never delivered. When he called, they said they couldn't deliver b/c we had the "Shhh!" sign in the door. Duh! We had it on the door from 5pm - 8pm while we were getting ready for dinner. The whole point was that it was supposed to be a surprise for me when we got back so why would it be delivered while we were there? Plus, they actually showed up for turndown service that night but just failed to bring the flowers. If anyone from the Ritz reads this and wants to verify this, we had a reservation at Blue for my birthday at 8:30 and we checked in to the restaurant at 8:10 and had a coctail at the bar, so we were gone from the room a long time.
By and large, the concierge desk personnel were not able to answer our questions regarding directions, site seeing, etc. Some were really excellent, but some didn't bother to even try to find the information, and some gave misinformation.
I would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands