I've just returned from a fantastic stay at the Ritz! It is truly a first class five star hotel... you get what you pay for here! I stayed in a Blue Tip suite with resort view. The room was huge... large parlor area, and the most comfortable bed imaginable. The bathroom is two rooms, all travertine marble and granite with Bvlgari toiletries. Has a Bose cd player, so bring some music. I had club access so most of the time ate there for breakfast and lunch, the food was delicious, something for everyone.
My room did not overlook the ocean, but then again there are no blue tip suites on the ocean side. If you have physical limitations for walking, get an ocean view, because it is quite a walk to the beach.
The beach is gorgeous, the Ritz provides chairs with sunshades and rafts and snorkels, first come first serve of course. I had no problem getting a chair at 9am while the hotel was at 70% occupancy. Also had great waitress service, came by a few times a day. The pina coladas are great, pricey though about $20 US a piece. Just as in the other reviews, if you are on a BUDGET , dont stay at the Ritz.
The pool was nice, thought it would be larger for a hotel this size. Not heated but no need in June, it was 90 + everyday! There are lots of kids at the pool with parents who dont seem to care if they scream all day, so either go to the beach or the quiet pool if you dont like noise. I used my ipod and was very relaxed.
As for the restaurant 7, i would say fair at best, there are much nicer restaurants on the island. I recommend The Wharf, get there about 30 mins before sunset for a great show!
Also Eats across from the Westin has great breakfast for about $10pp, there is also a sports bar Legends next door if you are into sports and love great bar food. A mini mart for other items in that plaza also well price.
Went on stingray catamaran with Red sail which was nice, but you have to be a fairly good swimmer because the water is deep. I recommend their afternoon sail since it goes to a sandbar which is more shallow.
Not much to see in Georgetown unless you are buying jewelry, or the standard tshirt souvenirs.
Taxis are a bit expensive, but i dont think you need a car unless you plan to explore on your own alot. They have tours for just about everything.
By the way, also stayed at the Westin, different hotel class entirely but still is fairly nice. I stayed in oceanfront room #105 and you just walk out a french door and onto the beach. Has wood floors and flat screen tv, looks recently renovated. I would recommend this room type. The sunday brunch was excellent also. Their spa is also more reasonable than the Ritz if this is your thing.
Overall, the island is very safe and clean, no beggars on the beach. The staff at both hotels was very courteous and not as slow as others have said.!!
Everything in Caymans is pricey, so just plan accordingly. You will not be disappointed at the RItz, top notch service, extremely clean, and reasonably priced in the summer months!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Marriott, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands