“Luxury and Service” 5 of 5 stars

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
“Luxury and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

5 night stay in mid-April. The wait staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. Especially the wait staff on the beach who work very hard in the hot sun.
Be very careful of the sun this time of year.
Tip: There is a Foster's supermarket within walking distance if you want to pick up reasonably priced snacks for your room.

Room Tip: Garden rooms have are on the quiet side of the hotel. Better than the resort view which overlooks t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank A L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

There is no doubt this property has it all. Great beach, great location, great service, everything. I have never stayed at a Ritz before but my fiancee has. She would stay at a Ritz every time we travel I would not. I have no regrets about staying and I would recommend this place to anyone. Being in the investment/finance profession, I place a value not only on my experience, location, service and amenities but also the overall $$ value. This is the only place where the Ritz is lacking. Don't get me wrong, this place is great and you know going in, it's The Ritz, everything is marked up 33-50%+. (even weddings... we discussed the possibility of having our wedding on property and they were great.) But for 50% of the cost here I can get the same or close to the same experience and service we received at this Ritz as we did at the Grand Hyatt in Aruba. (and we had a beach/ocean view instead of a non beach/non ocean view)

If we did the research about a resort and/or island before hand (by reviewing TripAdvisor, talking to people, reviewing the web sites and even calling the resort before we book) we have never been disappointed! If you have done your research and you are on a good island, a good resort with noted service those places are as good as, close to, or in some cases better than the Ritz Grand Cayman. So the question becomes if you can get the same (or close to the same) experience, service and amenities, with a beach/ocean view as you would at the Ritz (without the ocean/beach views), is it worth spending the extra 40-50%+ just because IT'S THE RITZ?

Note below for those interested in comparing all inclusive to Ritz:

For 30-40% of the cost of the Ritz you can have a trio of butlers who cater to your every whim. I know some people might say it's Sandals not the Ritz. But if you chose the right resort you will have just as nice beach, rooms, amenities, drinks, activities, experiences with the best room location possible and MUCH more personalized service and attention from your butlers then you will ever have at any Hyatt, Fairmount or Ritz. If you place value on high end food and want only the best food, then the all inclusive option might not be right for you. But if you don't require that, an all inclusive with a butler is a way to have an even better experience for a significant cost savings.

Whether it is a traditional resort/hotel or an all-inclusive you can't lose either way if you have done your research!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KenG0308
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Ritz this past February for a week. The property is quiet large and occupies space both on the beach and across the street from the beach. The two sections of the hotel are connected by an indoor walkway.
We were lucky enough to have a room on the beach side, right next to the pool and walkway to the beach. Our room was extremely spacious and comfortable. Our room was also near the Ritz's shop Pantry where we could pick up postcards, sunblock, water and snacks. There was also complementary coffee and tea set up every morning which was wonderful.
The service at the hotel is excellent and we were treated kindly and politely. There was concierge service right down the hall from our room that was separate from the one in the main lobby. This came in very handy when making arrangements for dinners out and transportation. They were happy to help and always offered cold water and beach towels if we were heading out for an excursion. No waiting ever.
The pool area was clean and well maintained as was the beach.
I choose Grand Cayman hoping that the water would be totally kid friendly and it was. There are no strong currents, large waves, rocks, drop offs etc. I did not have to worry about our sons safety beyond the usual concerns. It was perfect. The water was beautifully clear and calm.
Even though we were there at high season we were always able to get beach chairs. I was not willing to get up at 630 to get front row chairs but did go out at about 730 for second/third row. Either was perfectly fine. The beach isn't that deep and you're still only steps from the water. Thats the first time Ive been to a resort where there was competitive chair reserving. I was put off at first but had a system by the end of our stay.
We ate breakfast at Seven three times. The food was very good and it was especially nice to eat on the patio outdoors. Service was always gracious and efficient.
The location of the resort is perfect. The beach is not crowded and you are not close to the port where the cruise ships come in and there is more pedestrian traffic. You are also walking distant to other good restaurants if you need a change of pace.
We would definitely return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hilton head island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I just got back from a week at The Ritz Carlton on Grand Cayman. The hotel staff is beyond helpful from the first minute we walked through the doors. We had a beautiful ocean front room and the view was spectacular!! The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is because the food wasn't as good as we expect from a resort with this level of service and price. The breakfast was terrible, but lunch from Barjack was much better. Not great but certainly not as bad as the breakfast. Maybe it was an isolated situation, because we didn't try it again after the first day. WAAAAY to expensive to risk another bad meal. Depending on the room, it could be a long walk from the beach to your room. But oceanfront wasn't that bad. Overall a delightful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Oh my gosh - this hotel is amazing! This was a splurge for a big birthday and I'm glad I did it. You can look at my other reviews and see that I'm not really a Ritz-Carlton girl! So this was a major treat for me. I booked the concierge floor with beach view balcony. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff is completely customer service oriented. If you can, splurge on the club level access - the food that is there throughout the day is wonderful. I hardly even left the hotel - had afternoon tea in one of the lounges - highly recommended - and their spa is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel - other than my usual pet peeve that I could hear people in the rooms on either side of me. Strange that such a high class hotel wouldn't have better insulation. But I lived with it and would gladly return to this hotel, though, sadly, I will be back to normal hotels from now on!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FemaleTraveler85
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay- April 29th to May 3. We were so pleased with the entire experience from from check-in to departure that we are planning a return trip by year end- something we have never done- return so soon to the same hotel we just visited. The hotel is simply beautiful and every staff member we came in contact with are truly professional and eager to please from guest services to the general manager, Marc Langevin. He is constantly walking the hotel, chatting with guests and we were even invited to a guest reception. Seven mile beach is spectacular with white sand and turquoise waters- but the ritz stands alone with extraordinary beach amenities and services- from afternoon ice-cream treats, cool towels and plenty of lounges readily available. Even complimentary valet parking is included and a nice surprise. . We dinned at the restaurant seven 2 evenings and it was very good with excellent service and at Barjack's for lunch and was satisfying also. The checkin staff, Collin,Ollie, Pepe and others were the best we ever had the pleasure to meet- providing us great breakfast and dinner suggestions- they are true professionals. In summary, if you are planning a trip to grand cayman, this is without doubt the hotel to get spoiled in- you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kap117
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at the beach
The rooms are a bit of a walk and not directly on beach. The customer service - as usual- was fantastic.
The island itself was welcoming and of course had great dives/ snorkeling.

• Stayed April 2013