The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were thoroughly impressed with this hotel. We don't always get to travel this luxuriously, but this was one of the nicest luxury hotels we've stayed at. Our room was great . . . although if you want a room with a view of the ocean, you should specify. However, all of the pool and garden areas are beautiful!

The beach and the beachside service was amazing. We ate at the beach restaurant (BarJack?) several times during our stay, and I HIGHLY recomment the West of Cayman salad! (I think I ate it 3 times during our 5-day stay!) Grand Cayman is definitely expensive, and this was our first time to stay there. So I can't compare the cost of the Ritz with any other hotels. It's just not a cheap place to visit. But if you're planning to spend the bucks anyway, the food and service here were wonderful!

And oh--I can't say enough about the spa! Again, not cheap . . . but every bit of the luxury you are paying for!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,087)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I cannot believe what we paid for this week in Grand Cayman. This resort is nice (could definitely use some updating), and the beach is beautiful, but so overpriced with all the hidden resort fees and forced gratuities. The staff was very nice, but they were all from Europe. I don't know why the Ritz doesn't hire local residents. But by FAR the worst part of this trip was the children... They were everywhere, screaming and disrupting our vacation over and over again. I get that a place like this wants to be extra nice to their customers, but allowing children to be in the hot tub, on treadmills in the gym, and in bars????? I was honestly surprised they weren't in the spa. This place is NOT FOR COUPLES who want a nice relaxing vacation. This is the first time we'd stayed at a Ritz and will definitely be the last. Oh, and we had a cockroach in our room, so that was gross. So disappointed.

Room Tip: There is no good room location... Odds are you will have screaming children in the room next to your...
3  Thank Amy M
Reviewed February 24, 2013

In line with the luxury brand of the Ritz, this property is lovely with some of the rooms overlooking the ocean. Because of the size of this hotel, most of the hotel is built on the other side of the road connected by an over pass. Most rooms over-look gardens. If you want a room with a view, be sure to ask for it. The service was wonderful, renovated rooms beautiful, but there are A LOT of families here. Many noisy children so not a quiet place to relax by the pool or ocean. It is a beautiful hotel but I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for a quiet romantic getaway.

2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and 2 year old son traveled to the Grand Cayman for the very first time. We can't stop talking about the trip.

We absolutely loved the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman! The service is amazing, and we were pleased that children eat for free.

I don't know where to begin because there was so much that we loved about our stay.

The service is impeccable, thanks to the amazing staff. All of us, including our 2 year old, were greeted by name and all of our needs were happily and graciously met by the superb staff members.

We opted for Club Level and it is worth it. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very comfortable. Even though the club level dining room had moved to a temporary location when we were there, the transition was seamless. In fact, we didn't know it was in a temporary location until we were told.

The staff in the club level were so accomodating, especially to our 2 year old son. It was nothing for the staff to make glasses of milk and plates of cookies for him or to play with him. Our son loved the staff as well.

What is really nice about the staff as well is the diversity. We had never met so many people from so many different countries. We truly enjoyed speaking with them and learning about their backgrounds. It made for a wonderful cultural experience.

The general manager, Mr. Marc Langevin, is a delight. We'd never seen such a present, attentive and genuine GM. He spent a very nice amount of time talking to us and our son and ensured that our stay was wonderful.

If you work out, the gym is perfection. The equipment is excellent and very clean. Water and towels await you.

The spa is also amazing. I believe it is one of the most beautiful spas I've experienced. The services are wonderful and the dressing area is so beautifully decorated. The spa doesn't miss a detail. They even ask you to choose a selection of music for your service! After my service, I loved spending time in the dressing area, which includes sauna and small warm water relaxation pool (not sure what one would call this)

The resort has 2 pool areas. One is near the beach and the other is away from the beach. We loved both but tended to spend more time at the one away from the beach. If you have a child in diapers, a nice amenity is the complimentary pull-ups for the water. The resort also supplies great toys for the kids and has a wonderful children's program. Our 2 year old son was too young to participate in the program but was able to play in the children's program facilities, which included a great shallow pool.

If you're a walker, this is a great resort for beautiful walks. I loved walking the entire property, which reaks of beauty!

Room Tip: beach view rooms are closest to restaurants and gift shop.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LilChiBear
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Awesome service, great beach, great rooms, great food, truly a five star hotel. Going back again in March, only place to stay in Grand Cayman. Went for my husband's birthday and everywhere you went they wished him a happy birthday, gave him free desserts. Friendly, relaxing, classy and look forward to our next visit in March.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just returned from 5 night stay at the Ritz Grand Cayman. This was our first visit to Grand Cayman and we can't wait to go back. The Ritz Carlton is a little dated and in need of some updating but the service provided by the staff makes up for any minor property blemishes. We checked in for our stay and the hotel was very busy due to President's day weekend, our room was very nice but had a terrible noise issue that we noticed that night. Kira from the front desk was very nice and helpful, she moved us the next day to another room (ocean front this time) and left us a treat in the room. The rooms are exactly the same no matter the location. They are roomy with many amenities. Yes, the Ritz is expensive but they trully go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. I cannot think of 1 employee at the resort who I did not find extremely friendly and polite. I m sure they will be working on updating the resort soon but even if it's excatly the same, I would still go back.
It's really all about the amazing service!!!!!
Let's not forget how beautiful 7 mile beach is and how nice the people are on the island.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I are in our late 20's-early 30's, no kids, live in Chicago. When we checked in they told us about the resort fee and tourism tax, but they did not tell us about the "room service fee" which is 10% of your hotel room cost a night. Apparently this is tip that gets split amongst the staff, which is fine, but I wish we had known this at the beginning of the trip. There are a lot of kids at this resort and they run up and down the halls ALL DAY AND NIGHT. I always look forward to eating well on vacation, and Eric Rippert's restaurant Blue was great, but be prepared to spend >300 dollars for dinner. Otherwise the food was very average and each meal was easily 70-100 dollars no matter which restaurant you went to (no appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 drinks). Also disappointing was the very weak drinks at the bar that were about 18-20 US dollars each. Getting a chair on the beach is something I have never had such a problem with at any other resort. I went to the beach at 9am one day and was unable to get a chair because they were all taken. The next day arrived at 7:30 am and got the last 2 seats close to the ocean. The beach is completely covered by chairs, meaning no room for beach volleyball or anything else. The decor of the resort is very dated and the rooms are nothing special. We had a king sized bed in a garden facing room. The one redeeming quality is the extremely attentive and friendly staff. My husband and I travelled to Jamaica last year and stayed at the Iberostar couples only resort. We spent less money, had better rooms, and a better time.

3  Thank x x
Sunshine Suites Resort
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Compass Point Dive Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!