After much back and forth we decided to book a Blue Tip suite (non oceanfront) for our 1 week stay as we were moving next door to the Coral Stone for a 2-week 1st floor beachfront stay after the Ritz. For the price point we gained a separate bed for our 3-yr olds and Club Lounge versus the cost for Hotel-room oceanfront. Well, on arrival we were upgraded to a 1B suite in the Residence area oceanside.
We loved the full kitchen and huge separate living room with sofa bed for the kids. Because the balcony was way off to the side we never used it. We had no real view to speak of but didnt care because location was great. After being on the beach side I know now I would book that side. We had a back door to the beach down the corridor allowing easy access for our kids. We rented a beachfront cabana right at oceans edge a few times and it was effortless to pop back to the room.
The Bar Jack nachos were the best ever. The staff are super super nice across the entire resort and would be the reason for our return. Food at steakhouse and blu was good. Kids loved the smoothies (ask for fresh fruit only) which I think were either free or discounted. Ask to split drinks and food-they are very accommodating. I didn't want kids to have so much sugar so always split the smoothies. The kids meals were pretty much free even when they were with a nanny. If you want to take your kids to the kids club to play with you they will allow that outside of kids club activities for no charge. a big plus to get out of the sun and kids club had tons of toys and fun stuff.
Spent a lot of time in the Silver Palms lounge. Loved it- lots of interesting people. Viewed residence club 2-3 bedrooms for a month next year but couldn't find anything we liked under $20k per month (July-Aug)Only annoyance was the incentive groups that came in. We just took a big bag zip cooler down the beach a few yards filled with ice and beer and had complete serenity from the 3-day incentive-heavy drinking- cigar smoking- annoying people. It would not deter me from staying again.
Would book a 1B suite next year for 3 weeks instead of moving. There is no other hotel to stay on GC. Staff really made our trip special. Tips; if you have room take a few kids beach toys because they were no free 'buckets and spades' as I thought ( you can also buy for $20), bring a large zippered cooler bag to take to waters edge with your ice and drinks, go to grocery and wine store down the street or have a shopping service deliver any beer, wine, snacks, etc,. for your entire stay at one time, bring a round swimways floatie, go to the nearby restaurants and bars if youhave time like Luca. Club Lounge was great but would not do it next time. Mostly didn't feel like dressing up to get appetizers and just ok wine. But staff and all offerings were very good. Loved the feeling of luxury and pampering this resort offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands