We have been to a lot of hotels in the caribbean and found variable standards of customer service ranging from indifference to over zealous. Sometimes within the same hotel. This was not the case with the RItz. Everyone was very helpful, courteous, and friendly..... all the time. All of the staff with the high tech communication systems were aware and ready for you as you move through the property and most knew us by name. Enought of that.
This is a gorgeous property. We stayed ocean front , which is really pool front with a view of the ocean. Nice bed, amentities balcony with two comfortable chairs and a great view of the seven mile beach and the sunset. There were always enough beach chairs and help to set one up. Same for the pool, but it seemed there were not enough umbrellas, but then I didn't ask for one. Bands of roving servers from BarJack, eager to serve you expensive but tasty drinks. I spent a lot of time sitting in the bay in the "aqua lounger" a table and four chairs floating in 4 ft of beautiful blue water. the servers will bring you iced buckets of beer to the waterside, so that you don't have to travel all the way to the bar for a refill.
Good snorkeling just off the south corner of the swim area and mid way across the swim area about 200 yds out near some pipes. a more shallow, highly populated reef is in front of the Governors house, a 3-5 minute stroll north, approximately 400 yds offshore. a $45/day resort fee includes complimentary snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boards, internet, water, chairs, towels, etc. Gratuities are added to all checks, but the service qualified the 15%.
Speaking of restaurants, we tried Takiun and Blue. Both were excellent. The Blue tasting menu is expensive, but phenomonal. Ripert's input is unmistakable. And they serve several of the dishes from his NYC flagship (Le Bernardin).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands