We are a family of 5 traveling with three daughters (ages 3,6,9) for Thanksgiving week on Nov. 20-25. We have spent other vacations at other Ritz-Carlton properties and wondered how this one would compare to the Ritz Amelia Is., FL. Which was awesome. Well, it was at least just as good and maybe a bit better in part because of the incredible kids program, “Ambassadors of the Environment” in Grand Cayman.
Rooms were great. We had 2 connecting rooms on the pool side of the property. Beds amazing. Bathrooms great size and layout. It’s a Ritz, what can I say!
The Kids program is truly unmatched. I’m not one to go on vacation and send my kids off, but this program was so exceptional that not only did I agree to let them go every day, but I had to stipulate that they could only do one activity per day. They wanted to go all day every day! Parents are encouraged to participate in all of the activities with the kids. We all went on the submarine ride as a family. It was a remarkable experience none of us will forget. I can’t say enough about the program.
Golf – My other half is an avid “scratch” golfer. He said that the Blue Tip course was tough especially if you play the “tips”. Very challenging. Staff was pleasant, helpful. Too bad the driving range is going away in January ’08. That’s a big deal for him not to have access to a range. It might even be a deal-killer for future trips.
Babysitting – On our last night, we hired a baby sitter for our 3 year old (2 older kids begged to go to Kids program) so we could go to the gourmet “Blue” restaurant for an adult dinner. I have never hired a sitter on vacation. We used “Capable Caregivers” recommended by hotel. The sitter was fantastic. My daughter lover her sitter.
The food was REALLY good all over the resort. Of course it was pricey, but you know that when you stay at a Ritz. The last night we ate at Blue, the most upscale of the restaurants. I like to think I’m pretty forward thinking in terms of gourmet food, but this was over the top. We didn’t care for it at all, but it may appeal to others. The service was outstanding, as it was all over the resort.
This was a first rate resort and we enjoyed every minute of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands