“NOT a quality business and NOT a real dive charter!!! RIP OFF ALERT!!!!”
Review of JJ Divers - CLOSED

JJ Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: This Charming dive operator is one of the newest to the island and are already gaining a lot of popularity for their outstanding customer service, daily diving specials and family friendly atmosphere. Known as Grand Cayman's Family style dive Operator. Your always treated like you're family. With 20+ years in the hospitality industry we understand what making great memories is all about! We pride ourselves on giving the exceptional personalized service from free transportation, sunscreen and leave-in hair conditioner to music on board and homemade baked treats - our attention to detail is second to none. We believe small groups make for a more intimate and personal dive experience, max of only 8 divers on board per trip insures the best day on the water possible. So join us on our 2 tank morning and afternoon trips, discover scuba Diving, night dives, and private charters. All our dives are personally guided by a PADI dive master and instructor who also offer full PADI Certifications from Open water to Dive Master. Our dive adventures are fun, exciting and safe for the whole family. Give us a chance on your next visit to the Island and let us show you the Best of what Cayman has to offer!
Melbourne, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“NOT a quality business and NOT a real dive charter!!! RIP OFF ALERT!!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked a two tank dive for 4 people, 2 discover scuba's and 2 snorkelers....... WE ALL GOT RIPPED OFF!!!! Not only did he screw up the times (confirming a time zone difference, when the wasn't), he never refunded ANY of us, our deposits!!!!! EVERY excuse came out of this guys mouth, but not a single dollar was returned. PLEASE do not use this company!!!! They don't even have dive boats and "THEY" don't take people diving. They use someone else!!!! We found out the hard way!!! Please don't ruin your vacation by falling for these people.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank tkt0912
jjdivers, Owner at JJ Divers, responded to this review, June 17, 2015
This review was done to hard the business from another business owner that did not get along with members of our staff. we have done everything to fix it. We believe that it may have caused the business to diminish. We apologize for the inconvenience

Rochester, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Hard to get a hold of these guys”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wanted to dive in Cayman last week. My wife and I emailed and called JJ Divers. Took several days for them to respond to her email and they never returned my call. We could not locate them once we were there. Also a divers retail shop owner told us we were better off not going with them. I have no real opinion of their performance only MY experience trying to reach them.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank rsc1117
jjdivers, Owner at JJ Divers, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review JJ Divers. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of taking a few days to get back to you. We strive to email or call back all our guest in 24 hours and most of the time less. Unfortunately certain times of the year its just down right impossible due to the flood of emails we get during high season. Combined with SPAM filters sometimes when sending emails from a work address the mail gets sent to the SPAM box. We do our best at making sure it doesn't happen but a few have gotten through our best efforts and for that we apologize. As a small intimate owner run dive operator we will make the changes to insure issues of this nature don't happen so that in the future guest could call the day before a trip and have no issues getting in the water with us. Thank you again for your review , you truly are helping us make a better tomorrow. All the best !! JJ DIvers
George Town, null, Cayman Islands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Don't look to hard to find the best dive operation in Cayman. Its right here!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

JJ Divers has to be and is in my opinion one of they best dive operations in Cayman. I had a few chances to dive with Jacob down on island and was amazed by how professional he was! The man knows his stuff! Any questions I had he could answer almost immediately! The care that he takes in making sure each of his guests has exactly what they need when they need it is astounding. From pick up to drop offs the service is in full. Now the DIVES! Ah man! They were amazing showed me things I would have never even noticed! The reefs are beautiful and wildlife plentiful. Jacob thank you for some best dive experiences of my life, and can't wait to come back!

jjdivers, Owner at JJ Divers, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!! We are looking forward to seeing you again !!
Richland Hills, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I just returned from the Grand Caymans on a Discovery Scuba Dive with JJ Diver’s. It comes highly recommended via Trip Advisor, and now we know why!! We would also highly recommend this excursion for anyone like us, just wanted to discover what scuba diving was all about. He/they are very professional, experienced, willing to be patient with my wife :) and very friendly. Picked us up across the street from the shipping docks, took us on a scenic (private) tour of the island before reaching our destination. Dive took little over 2 hours or so, enough time to get back to the dock, walk around the town and have a few drinks. Now, we are hooked and looking to get certified so we can go out further and deeper next time we visit the island.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank txskibum
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“amazing dive... even better instructors”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I came to the Caymen Islands in July 2012. We were very excited to scuba dive. This would be our second dive. We were very please with the level of knowledge our instructor had. who is also the owner. He was extremely personable and professional. We were looking to not only see new and exciting things but to enjoy it... he made sure that happened. JJ divers is very reasonably priced, and takes you to all of the same sites that the others offer, but will treat you like a friend and with compassion when or if you need help. I myself had a "freak out moment" when we were almost done. Not really sure but I think iI may have sucked in water somehow and choked. He was quick to help me and probably saved my life. Had I continued to attempt to take out my mouth piece, I'm pretty sure my lungs would have burst. My husband and i are more than satisfied with our experience and will be using no one else when we return to the islands. Thanks guys...-Amanda Cook, Oklahoma City, Ok.-

Visited July 2012