“Delicious ribs”

Duke's Seafood and Rib Shack
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Duke’s is a tribute to Cayman’s abundant Seafood and Beach BBQ culture. Duke’s provides an authentic culinary accompaniment to Cayman’s endless summer – the freshest seafood everyday straight from our local fisherman and the island’s best smoky, tender, BBQ ribs. Refresh yourself with one of our exotic cocktails or the beer from our island’s microbrewery. Duke’s is the place to satisfy the craving that comes with sun, surf, and sand in Cayman.Family friendly and always fun!!Cheers
South Florida
“Delicious ribs”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Enjoyed our dinner at Duke's on 7 Mile Beach. Good location; friendly service, and food was delicious. Big menu full of great choices & sides. We each decided on ribs - baby back ribs and Maui beef ribs. Both were very tasty! Appetizer (conch fritters) was very good and so was the yummy brownie sundae. One reviewer commented about mosquitos - (there were a few & I hope the restaurant resolves the issue; maybe even could put in a screen enclosure) but definitely enjoyed it regardless!

1 Thank floridianbutz

George Town, Grand Cayman
“Loved the food and drink, not the mosquitoes”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was alone one night while my wife was traveling and had been craving ribs. My boss has always been a fan of Duke's so I gave it a try. Sitting at the bar, Jimmy was my server and he was fantastic. He made great recommendations as I wasn't expecting such variety of ribs and a great selection of appetizers. Food was very good, service was great, the vibe was good, my only bad experience was from the very tough to control mosquitoes. Great place, give them a shot!

• Visited June 2013
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Great food but attacked by bugs.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I dined here for dinner one night while in Grand Cayman. I would have given this place a higher rating if not for the mosquito attack. Really cute, fun outdoor place with a bar and nice ambiance. Menu was extensive and steam pots were so good!!! I got one with crab claws, shrimp, mussels and potatoes. Also comes with corn on the cob and a cornbread type of bread. My husband got crab legs and enjoyed them. Great meal when your wallet needs a little break from the pricier places on the island.

The only reason I gave it a 3 was because of the bugs. I managed to go the whole trip without one bug bite, and we left covered with welts. I have never had so many bites at once in my life. My poor husband's ankles were completely covered, about 15 bites on each ankle. I even got two on my face. You can't even see the bugs, so you don't realize how bad you are being bitten. Our server told us that the bug bomber plane had flown over a few minutes earlier, so that it should improve shortly, maybe we were too early. She also gave us bug spray about 10 minutes after we sat down, and we doused ourselves in it, but either they got to us before we sprayed, or the spray didn't work.

It's been 6 days and I am still covered in the bites, and itching like crazy. I think they should try to invest in something to put under the tables or in the bushes around the restaurant. I can imagine that it drives patrons away and keeps them from coming back a second time, even though the food is great.

1 Thank ChristinaMarie419
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Delicious food, large portions, and good value for your money. Service was prompt and friendly. Would definitely return a second time. Don't miss out!

NYC
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everyone is waiting in line at Sunshine Grille, when Duke's is just a couple of blocks down the road. They have great food and good drinks. Servings are huge and the prices are cheaper than most restaurants in Seven Mile Beach. Try the ribs and the grilled Mahi.

Visited July 2013