“Definitely Gourmet Sushi!”
Review of Taikun

Taikun
Reserve with OpenTable
Taikun is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is certainly the best sushi we have ever had. We had dinner with some friends and they too loved it! Will visit frequently as we love sushi and this is the best in Grand Cayman.

1  Thank SabinaJCaymanIslands

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were lucky enough to eat here and had amazing sushi and we were able to have a romantic dinner here one night while staying at the property. The servers were great and very attentive. Truly a must try while on the island!

1  Thank pkp426
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had great memories of Taikun from previous visits, but this one was one to forget. Upon arrival I had to remind the hostess that I am allergic to shell fish and my husband to offal. Not a problem she said. Our waiter came over, we ordered and then he promptly argued with me that the chef's special could not be changed to suit my allergies. Having had this option before, I know that it can be. I don't appreciate being argued with by a waiter. He then ignored my husband's comment about his allergies and produced food that he could not have. The Maitre D came over and we explained and he took our waiter to one side. Still he argued that the chef's special could not be changed. When the sushi did come out, it was tired, dry and gross and felt mass produced. A major disappointment for what is meant to be a "top" sushi restaurant.

1  Thank Tanya F
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Taikun is a special restaurant. Recently renovated and located at the Ritz Carlton in Grand Cayman, the service is first class and the Omakase does not disappoint. It is the chefs choice five course meal. Prepared to perfection and beautifully presented it is a highlight of our yearly fall trek to Grand Cayman. There was no better way to celebrate our 32nd anniversary.

1  Thank summerbreeze2020
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I had a fantastic dinner at Taikun. We had the tasting menu, everything was very well prepared. The restaurant is beautiful and the servers were very attentive. First time we have had freshly ground wasabi.

1  Thank lakmom