“Newly Certified Diver Here-Comparing DNS to Red Sail Sports”
Review of DNS Diving

DNS Diving
Ranked #7 of 33 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: DNS Diving is committed to helping you discover the most amazing dive sites in Grand Cayman, from the sheer drop offs of our famous walls, to the adventurous wrecks and breathtaking reefs that have made Grand Cayman one of the top diving destinations in the world. DNS Diving (formerly known as: Dive N’ Stuff) was founded in 1993 by divers for divers. Our goals are simple; smaller dive groups, longer bottom times and safe, easy, flexible diving, all of which enable us to provide more personal attention to our divers and build great friendships. From a beach pick-up by boat outside your hotel or condo, to our friendly and knowledgeable staff setting up your dive equipment; we ensure that our guests keep coming back year after year. All our dives are guided by our professional instructors, but you are free to dive with a buddy at your own pace if you prefer.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family invited me to go diving with them here in the Cayman Islands, however, I was to find a way to get certified. I completed my PADI course online and looked everywhere for a dive shop to take me in. DNS was the only shop willing to make room and get me in the next day.

A word about my instruction and instructor: Once I showed up to the location I was told to be at, I met Jorge. Prior to meeting Jorge, I was told he was one of the best instructors on the island. I was pumped. Jorge was professional and fun simultaneously. We established a decent pace, since I was capable of picking up the diving techniques faster than the usual diver. We did the confined water dive in a cove, and once we finished, we swam outside the cove for my first open water dive. He showed me a few key maneuvers before we went on a casual nice dive.

The next day I showed up for my deep open water dive. It was amazing, a lot better than the 3 dives I had with Red Sail Sports. I showed up to the boat and we were immediately off. With Red Sail Sports we waited around half an hour then went off and then stopped, then had a long lecture. At DNS, the safety briefing was to the point and was given during the travel to the location. It was a briefing that had everyone's attention. Once the boat stopped, we were soon in the water. No time was wasted and there was no rush either. It was fun. Every part of it.

Once out of the water, Jorge had some delicious hot cookies for us to enjoy. Great crew, great adventure. After writing this review, I wish I could re-live this whole experience again.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"perfect dive"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my first trip to the Cayman islands and I want to go to a dive crew that was the best. I found them; the crew from DNS Diving is top notch. From the second I stepped on board to the moment I departed I felt like part of the DNS Diving family. They love what they do and it shows in the service. From setting up my gear (normally I do it myself but everyone was so professional I felt I was in good hands) to after dive water and baked good everything was just perfect. They chose sites based on conditions and not what was going on later in the day. The boats were always well stocked with clean dry towels and great conversation after the great dives. When I come back I'll be diving with them again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Diving with DNS is such an awesome experience! We were 7 and they attended to all of us with such care & expertise! We ended up going on 7 dives and enjoyed every minute! When we hit some bad weather they made sure we dove in safe areas and took the time to find the perfect dive sites! We will be using them each time we dive in Grand Cayman and recommend them to all our friends and family!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

DNS Diving treats you like family.When I was getting certified this year, Rachel had helped me through everything that wasn't the easiest. I love diving now, and I can't wait to go back next year and dive more!

DNSDusty, Manager at DNS Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

We are so happy to have another generation diving with us. There is always space available for the WHOLE family.
Thanks Jillian

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Each time I return to DNS the experience of being under the water with everyone amazes me!

The complimentary towels and delicious treats are just the tip of the iceberg at DNS Diving! All if the dive masters are passionate divers who make your trip more than enjoyable. Jorge did a magnificent job of advanced certifying my cousin and I, he made sure we understood everything and had a blast while doing it! You definitely feel confident and safe no matter who you are diving with! DNS is the way to go when diving in Grand Cayman for new and experienced divers alike!

Congrats on your Advanced course, Jorge is very happy with his new students.