“Good for a business lunch”
Review of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink - CLOSED

Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Other than the staff's obsession with refilling my water every time I'd drunk more than half an inch, the service was as impeccable as the food. The wrap tasted more like freshly made, very flat flatbread - which is a good thing. Everything is made well, and it's only a couple of bucks more per serving than most place, which considering the freshness of the food and the standard of decor, isn't bad.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Finally after many visits to Grand Cayman we decided to dine at this restaurant, and what a pleasant experience it turned out to be. We sat at an outdoor table looking towards the fountain, and the beautiful palm trees, which are lit up at night. The menu is far more interesting than the restaurant's name suggests. In fact I brought a copy home to study. We started with the Stracciatella salad, the chargrilled octopus and chicken liver crostini and all three were absolutely delicious with a mix of fascinating flavours. For our main coarse we tried the Lion fish dish, which consisted of the pan seared fish served over an assortment of local vegetables and a coconut broth. The fish was surprisingly delicate and the vegetables delicious. I also felt I was doing the local fish population a favour!!! We also tried the homemade fettucine with olive oil poached tuna, olives and capers. Great mix of flavours. We will definitely return to this restaurant as the food and ambiance are excellent, the service very pleasant and price wise it is in line with the surrounding restaurants.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We hadn't realized that Michael's Genuine was a chain until we sat down and saw the menu, but because the other restaurants around were packed and we were on a schedule, we stayed ... typically when we have dinner out on vacation, we avoid places we can find at home. But I'm so happy we stayed; our meal was wonderful. I had the breadfruit salad for an appetizer, which was so tasty. Breadfruit is local, and it had fresh local tomatoes and papaya along with a vinaigrette. We had Hedy Goldsmith's dessert sampler for dessert, and that was worth the whole evening. Our son would have loved this place.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great casual lunch upon arrival in Grand Cayman. Close to stores and shops. Restaurant had a nice bar, indoor and outdoor shaded seating. Service was good, wine list was surprisingly good, food was also excellent. Recommended if in the area

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoy trying the different brunches on island. We didn't know that Michaels did a brunch but I am so glad we heard from a friend and went to check it out! The menu was so extensive, really offering something for everyone. Great classic breakfast items, interesting lunch items, and an incredible dessert menu. The brunch is designed to be small plates so we got to try a lot of different things. Do not miss the duck confit hash, pie in a jar, or s'mores donuts! Amazing! And the small plates come staggered so you can enjoy yourself and not fill up too fast.

The best part of our experience was Kristin our server. She was so friendly and helpful. I will admit I didn't know what many of the items on the menu were. She guided us through all the restaurant lingo and offered us her favorites. She made our experience personal and welcoming. The overall atmosphere in camana bay and Michaels especially is beautiful. But Kristin brightened our day and made me vow to go back to Michaels any chance I get!