“Beyond expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Living The Dream Divers

Living The Dream Divers
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Cayman's Boutique Dive Operation- a husband & wife team- owner operated for the best personal service and attention to detail. We specialize in valet service with the smallest groups on board the biggest, newest dive boats in the Cayman Islands! Join us for daily 2 tank AM and PM trips, night dives, and private charters. All our dives are personally guided and include transportation to our departure points, free computer use to maximize bottom time, fresh towels, snacks, fruit, refreshments and absolutely no crowds. Learn to dive with our daily Discover Scuba Diving courses, finish your e-Learning certifications and Open Water referrals in the Caribbean Sea. The Living The Dream Team loves to dive and show you the best of Cayman diving. Our trips are safe, fun, friendly and professional. We are "living the dream" and can't wait to have you on board.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Idaho
3 attraction reviews
“Beyond expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hands down one of the top two dive companies we have ever been diving with as well as some of the best diving we've seen. Everything was top notch from Liz who handled scheduling to the dive masters/captain, and boat itself. Friendly, first class service that caters to small groups. Would absolutely go back and dive with this company again and again.

College Station, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Simply The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

As we are all too aware, great service in the various 'service' industries is extremely hard to find. However, Living The Dream is one of those rare exceptions to this rule. Everything about them exudes a focus on guest satisfaction whether is be their valet pick up service (which we did not use due to staying on the south side of Grand Cayman), the friendliness of the staff, or the quality of the boats and dive equipment. And though my wife and I are new to the diving scene, we have a hard time believing that we might encounter a more idyllic dive operation.

During our time on Grand Cayman, my wife and I completed a trio of 2-tank dives with LTD. Having only been certified within the past month, we were a bit nervous about making our first 'real' dives. But true to LTD's form, they did a great job of providing the additional attention we needed on this initial dive, both in and out of the water. From that point on, we able to focus on the stunning underwater environments and really get the most out of our experience. And with Gary, Chris, Broch, Sean, and Carl all actively pointing out interesting marine life and/or coral during each dive, we came away with something worth remembering each time.

As others have pointed out, LTD's charters are limited to 8 or fewer people, which ensures an un-crowded ride to the dive sites. Because of this, though, their slots fill up fairly quickly, so be sure to book well in advance of your trip. Liz does an excellent job of returning emails and answering questions through the booking process. On the boat, the staff handles all the dive gear, which means that you simply sit down, buckle up your BCD, and giant step into the water. It couldn't be more simple. And with ample snacks available on the boat, there's no need to worry about managing those between dive munchies.

One of the more surprising elements of LTD, especially given the quality of their service and equipment, is their highly competitive dive rates. For our three 2-tank dives (excluding equipment rental), their per person rate of $275 was among the best we found on the island. For comparison, our lone dive without LTD was a 1-tank Stingray City dive with a well known operator that totalled $80 per person. And while this other operator was competent, in no way did their service come close to matching that of LTD. Truly a case of paying more and getting less.

Simply put, Living the Dream is a terrific operation and one of the primary reasons why we enjoyed our escape to Grand Cayman so much. Their focus on guest comfort coupled with an enthusiastic staff and top-notch equipment puts them in a league all their own. Because of this, there is no other dive company we will use the next time we're in Grand Cayman.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Expectations Surpassed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

After reading the rave reviews of this company my husband and I decided to try the out while in the Caymans, and we weren't disappointed! This was only our third diving experience, but they walked us through everything so that we felt safe and comfortable the entire time. We dove with them for two days (different sites each time), and each day a deeper wall dive was then followed with a more shallow reef dive. It was a breathtaking experience, and one we look forward to having again! Highly recommend!

Austin, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolute BEST diving company in Caymans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family of 4 just returned from a week in Grand Cayman. We were three newly certified divers and one diver. We spent two half-days on a private charter with Gary at Living the Dream. Our dives were absolutely wonderful. The first day was our captain Gary and Scotty, and the second day was Gary and Shawn. We explored four different reefs/sites going to 50-55 feet depth. Our newly certified divers felt safe and really loved the experience, thanks to Living the Dream. Dive computers were furnished for all divers, which was really nice. We were on their new ~35 ft dive boat, perfectly outfitted for easy in and out of the water. We highly recommend Living the Dream for diving in Grand Cayman, they were friendly, professional, safe and their equipment was terrific. When we go back, we will only dive with Living the Dream!!

Lastly, the hotel pick-up was on time and friendly. It was a short 8 minute ride to their dock from Seven Mile Beach. Also, Liz was superb helping organize our dive trips by email. I booked about 3 months before our vacation so as not to be conflicting when the cruise ships were in port. Great customer service!!

Chicago, Illinois
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The Best Dive OperatorI Have Every Experienced!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I just came back from a great family vacation in Grand Cayman. I knew that I wanted to scuba dive, but I did not have anything reserved before my trip. I read up on Living the Dream Divers and contacted Liz, the owner. She set me up with a two-tank dive with a small group.

Wow, what a great team! They picked me up at the hotel and drove me and the other divers to the Yacht Club where we then headed out to the dive sites. The Dive Instructors (Scott, Broch, Chris) are awesome! They went the extra mile to make sure everyone was comfortable and ensure that our diving experience was worthwhile. They certainly exceeded my expectations.

The next time I come to Grand Cayman, this is the only dive operation I will use!