“They really are that good”

Living The Dream Divers
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Cayman's Boutique Dive Operation- a husband & wife team- owner operated for the best personal service and attention to detail. We specialize in valet service with the smallest groups on board the biggest, newest dive boats in the Cayman Islands! Join us for daily 2 tank AM and PM trips, night dives, and private charters. All our dives are personally guided and include transportation to our departure points, free computer use to maximize bottom time, fresh towels, snacks, fruit, refreshments and absolutely no crowds. Learn to dive with our daily Discover Scuba Diving courses, finish your e-Learning certifications and Open Water referrals in the Caribbean Sea. The Living The Dream Team loves to dive and show you the best of Cayman diving. Our trips are safe, fun, friendly and professional. We are "living the dream" and can't wait to have you on board.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great pricing, great service, awesome dives, located right across from the Westin, but will pick up from any other hotels in the 7 mile beach area. We did our Open Water Certification Dives with them, and then a 2-tank dive after we were certified. Sean was a great instructor, and we had a great time!

There are newer reviews for Living The Dream Divers

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Terrific group of folks who only made the excellent diving in the Grand Caymans better. High touch customer service, small dive groups, modern and excellent dive boat but the what made the dives so enjoyable was the approach of the owners and crew. They know that we are on vacation even though they are at work and make the dives safe, fun, and absolutely friction free. My wife (non-diver) came out on the boat with us and snorkeled while we were down and was always made to feel welcome and comfortable.

When we go back to this island, we will definitely dive with this company again. Look no further.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have gone to a lot of places to dive and Living the Dream is one of the best companies so far. Comfortable boats and incredible service. They have towels, snacks, prepare your gear, carry it for you and help you set up before you jump into the water, do not harass you over tips, security is extremely important for them, the equipment is one of the best and in perfect quality and they always kept the number of divers to less than 7 when I dove with them. Also, the night dive was the best so far I've done, my 11th. The place they took us had crabs, turtles, a stingray, an octopus, I even saw a shark sleeping. Amazing dive! Always on time to pick me up and very safe and fun drivers. I was staying at the Westin and I could've used the in-house company but the person I talked to wasn't very nice AND I saw their boats: I counted more than 23 people in one of them. Not really a personalized experience. If Living the Dream ever opens another shop anywhere, I would not doubt a second about diving with them. I really can't say enough about them. Thanks to Scott, Gary, Brooke and all the others. You made my diving experience one to remember.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Living the Dream Divers is fantastic!!! We have been taking scuba and snorkel trips with them for years and loved each and every trip. They limit their dive excursions to 8 or less, which keeps the experience very personal and was a big change from other companies we had been with who take out 30+ divers at a time. If you are staying on Seven Mile Beach and don't have transportation, they will come pick you up every day. If you are diving with them for several days in a row, they will store your equipment for you so you aren't dragging it back and forth every day. Once you are on the boat with them, they set up your equipment and help you get everything on and ready to dive...in other words...they spoil you. If you're travelling with a diver but don't dive yourself, ask about snorkeling trips. They usually take at least one snorkeling trip out to Stingray City each week and it is loads of fun. The trips seem to get better every year. Gary and Liz are so wonderful and even though we have seen a few crew members change over the years, they have all been exceptional. How could I ever forget Johan throwing squid near me to make the stingrays slither all over me (eeek!) or Gary's enthusiasm when he claims he saw a sea turtle the size of a VW (not quite...lol) and we love to see Scott pulling up in the mornings, excited and ready to dive. We have had loads of fun with LTD over the years and we plan to keep having fun with them each year when we go back. Thanks LTD for great memories over the years. No one does it better.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This dive company's name is not a misnomer. My husband and I are new to the world of scuba (certified just last year) and were looking for a dive company that could accommodate our level of skills (or lack thereof). I was drawn to this company through Grand Cayman's website - what appealed to me is the boat has a maximum of 8 divers. Perfect for the likes of us - we didn't want to slow down a boat full of experienced divers.

As soon as I made the reservations I got a call from Liz. I had messed something up when booking online, but the fact she called me so quickly to fix my mistake impressed me - it showed that they really do value our business.

Gary and his crew are having the times of their lives, you can tell. Their mood is infectious - I can't imagine anyone having a lousy time unless he or she got seasick and even then I have a feeling the crew would do its best to cheer you up. They were so kind with us, and SO funny. Although our first dive was on a rare cloudy day, we did manage to see a nurse shark, and I think our guide was as tickled as we were.

Our second day of diving took us to USS Kittiwake, which was cool but we enjoyed diving Big Tunnel more - so hard to believe we went below 100 ft! We both felt perfectly safe and in good hands - no trepidation whatsoever.

I'm hoping we can get back to Grand Cayman soon - you can bet I'll be emailing Liz or calling her as soon as the plane tickets are booked.