“Greatest dive experience”

Living The Dream Divers
Ranked #2 of 30 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Cayman's Boutique Dive Operation- a husband & wife team- owner operated for the best personal service and attention to detail. We specialize in valet service on board the biggest, newest dive boats in the Cayman Islands! Join us for daily 2 tank AM and PM trips, night dives, and private charters. All our dives are personally guided and include transportation to our departure points, free computer use to maximize bottom time, fresh towels, snacks, refreshments and absolutely no crowds. Learn to dive with our daily Discover Scuba Diving course, finish your e-Learning certifications and Open Water referrals in the Caribbean Sea. The Living The Dream Team loves to dive and show you the best of Cayman diving. Our trips are safe, fun, friendly and professional. We are "living the dream" and can't wait to have you on board.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Liz and Gary provided all the planning and crew for a remarkable diving adventure for my family in Grand Cayman. The boat, crew, limited passengers and variety of dive locations including the Kittiwake wreck, made for a most memorable time and started a life long following for the island and their operation. The valet service, personal details they expend on us is unmatched and my family regret was that we had to leave and go home. They personally were there to see us finish our last day of diving and make sure we were delighted. We cannot wait to return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

At last count, there were 645 ratings, and 642 of them were Excellent. How is that possible for any business, you might ask? They say that if you are going to put all your eggs into one basket, “WATCH THAT BASKET!” And that is what Gary and Liz, the proprietors, do with Living the Dream. It’s not an accident that they put Liz in charge of all communications, and she is quick to respond, answers all your questions, and in addition makes you feel like you are speaking to your best friend. They actually picked us up at our condo, and arrived early both days—it’s their practice. They run a superb dive operation. The equipment is all first class and well maintained, the boat is spacious and organized (divers are limited to 8)—you can sit upstairs on the sky deck and enjoy the sun, or at the deck level. Carl, Brock, and the rest of the team are all very cordial and friendly, plan and explain the dives well, and lead great dives. Both the wall dives and the more shallow reef dives show plenty of fish, turtles, rays, eels, coral, and other sea life. Within several hours of the dives, we were emailed a link to many superb underwater photos (starring us!) on Picasa. We cannot recommend them more highly. Word of caution: we were told that the homemade vegan berry muffins that Liz baked for us do not occur every day!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have dove in the Caymans for 30+ years, and the diving is outstanding. Now that I am a wee bit older, I am looking for an operation that takes the time to take care of the "old guy", and at the same time help new divers ( my wife completed her open water certification on the trip) have a great experience. What I am trying to say is the 30+ diver-cattle boat dive may be great for some folks, but it isn't the way to break in a novice diver.

Liz and her husband fit the bill--totally. Personal attention to detail--service mentality--and a CLEAN Boat. ( you could eat out of the bildge--and I looked in there !!!!) I was worried that my wife's first dives, if done in a slip shod manner, would poison her to future diving. THANK GOD these folks ( especially Brock, who took her thru the open water portion) made the experience totally awesome. She is ready for our next trip already !!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

For the best diving experience in Cayman, you need to call Living the Dream. Liz, Gary, Brock…the whole team….just fantastic! I have been on several trips with these guys and every dive is better than the last. They are friendly, professional, and, just really great people. Big boat and small groups is just the icing on the cake.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my second experience with Living the Dream Divers. My first was last year that included a Kittewake dive. LTDD maintained consistent and excellent customer service year to year. (I forgot my camera on the boat last year, duh, and they brought it back to me at the end of the day) They limit the number of divers so I enjoyed the personal service afforded by the team. This year I signed up for 3 two tank dives across 3 different days. I rented their equipment for all my dives and it was in great condition. They made sure everything fit well and functioned properly before we were ready to dive. We were fully briefed on the dive, what we should expect to see, and safety. Gary, Scott, and Carl prepped and buddy checked all the gear and brought it over to a mounting station in the aft. I literally sat down on a bench, put on my fins, mask, strapped into my bcd, checked gauges, air, purged and jumped into the aqua blue.
Once below surface, we all met up at the mooring line and started our adventure. Our guides led us through different reefs, walls, and valleys pointing out nuances and sea critters that we probably would have missed on our own. As a solo diver, I buddied up with the dive master on each dive and enjoyed an added sense of security diving with a true professionals. I appreciated that they took us to dive site that were not also accessible as a shore dive. Besides, what is the point of paying for a boat dive if all they do is pilot you to a site that you could have easily swam out to and dropped down on your own?
My daughter lives on island and recommends Living The Dream Divers to her diving friends that come to visit. She is an avid diver and truly appreciated the friendly full service provided by the crew. She said on most boats, she was left to fend for herself with her gear.
I highly recommend Living The Dream Divers. You can tell the team loves what they do. Listening to their dive briefs and hearing how fired up they get about what we are about to see makes for a great dive.