“great way to break in a new diver”

Living The Dream Divers
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Cayman's Boutique Dive Operation- a husband & wife team- owner operated for the best personal service and attention to detail. We specialize in valet service with the smallest groups on board the biggest, newest dive boats in the Cayman Islands! Join us for daily 2 tank AM and PM trips, night dives, and private charters. All our dives are personally guided and include transportation to our departure points, free computer use to maximize bottom time, fresh towels, snacks, fruit, refreshments and absolutely no crowds. Learn to dive with our daily Discover Scuba Diving courses, finish your e-Learning certifications and Open Water referrals in the Caribbean Sea. The Living The Dream Team loves to dive and show you the best of Cayman diving. Our trips are safe, fun, friendly and professional. We are "living the dream" and can't wait to have you on board.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Battle Creek, Michigan
“great way to break in a new diver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have dove in the Caymans for 30+ years, and the diving is outstanding. Now that I am a wee bit older, I am looking for an operation that takes the time to take care of the "old guy", and at the same time help new divers ( my wife completed her open water certification on the trip) have a great experience. What I am trying to say is the 30+ diver-cattle boat dive may be great for some folks, but it isn't the way to break in a novice diver.

Liz and her husband fit the bill--totally. Personal attention to detail--service mentality--and a CLEAN Boat. ( you could eat out of the bildge--and I looked in there !!!!) I was worried that my wife's first dives, if done in a slip shod manner, would poison her to future diving. THANK GOD these folks ( especially Brock, who took her thru the open water portion) made the experience totally awesome. She is ready for our next trip already !!

Visited February 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Another Awesome Day with LTD!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

For the best diving experience in Cayman, you need to call Living the Dream. Liz, Gary, Brock…the whole team….just fantastic! I have been on several trips with these guys and every dive is better than the last. They are friendly, professional, and, just really great people. Big boat and small groups is just the icing on the cake.

Visited February 2013
Chicago, IL
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my second experience with Living the Dream Divers. My first was last year that included a Kittewake dive. LTDD maintained consistent and excellent customer service year to year. (I forgot my camera on the boat last year, duh, and they brought it back to me at the end of the day) They limit the number of divers so I enjoyed the personal service afforded by the team. This year I signed up for 3 two tank dives across 3 different days. I rented their equipment for all my dives and it was in great condition. They made sure everything fit well and functioned properly before we were ready to dive. We were fully briefed on the dive, what we should expect to see, and safety. Gary, Scott, and Carl prepped and buddy checked all the gear and brought it over to a mounting station in the aft. I literally sat down on a bench, put on my fins, mask, strapped into my bcd, checked gauges, air, purged and jumped into the aqua blue.
Once below surface, we all met up at the mooring line and started our adventure. Our guides led us through different reefs, walls, and valleys pointing out nuances and sea critters that we probably would have missed on our own. As a solo diver, I buddied up with the dive master on each dive and enjoyed an added sense of security diving with a true professionals. I appreciated that they took us to dive site that were not also accessible as a shore dive. Besides, what is the point of paying for a boat dive if all they do is pilot you to a site that you could have easily swam out to and dropped down on your own?
My daughter lives on island and recommends Living The Dream Divers to her diving friends that come to visit. She is an avid diver and truly appreciated the friendly full service provided by the crew. She said on most boats, she was left to fend for herself with her gear.
I highly recommend Living The Dream Divers. You can tell the team loves what they do. Listening to their dive briefs and hearing how fired up they get about what we are about to see makes for a great dive.

Baltimore, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Diving Operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

These folks are simply one of the best dive operations I have dealt with! I have been diving for a long time and they are excellent. Why? First, they are friendly, reliable, and safe (important for resort operations, they all aren't). Second, their equipment is in great condition. Third, their boat is simply the best. Really! It is large enough for 18 but they only take 6-8. This means there is plenty of room above, on deck, and a real dry cabin if you are cold. It also has the first real toilet on a dive boat I have ever seen (ladies they all say they have one and then direct you to the ocean, this one really is there and usable). Fourth, I dove for a week and never went to the same place twice. Fifth, they are flexible, I had to dive with couple of other companies because of friends on the trip, they allowed me to change my days and times with only a couple days notice. And boy was I glad to get back to them after trying the others! Finally they were nice...even if they did make fun of Americans' tea making habits ;-). They went to dive spots and even took the time torepair moorings if it was needed to get to a good spot, and they even fixed the coral others knocked over! Just leave one space for me on the boat..please.

1 Thank Karnival111111
Marysville, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

From the moment you meet Gary, Brock, Carl and Scott, you know they love what they do, and they enjoy showing others the amazing reefs around the island. My wife and I did 10 dives with Living the Dream and we wish we could have done more. Each dive was unique and crew was FANTASTIC!! They would go over the plan, and then assist us into our gear and we would dive. We saw rays, turtles, eels, a huge grouper on the Kittywake, sponges, and a myriad of fish. We also saw what we called Lobsterzilla, the biggest lobster I have ever seen. As afore mentioned one of our dives was the Kittywake, and Brock when planning the dive told us to look for the mirrors as we were going thru the head (bathroom) on the ships interior. When we got to the head it was really neat to look at yourself in a mirror blowing bubbles. The wreck is really cool and when your inside look for a massive grouper hanging out in one of the corners. it will just kinda stare at you. When diving the dive master took his time showing everyone different things. Especially fun was going thru arches and ravines and looking up to see what was attached to the overhang. The nice thing is that the dive master be it Gary, Brock, Scott or Carl were always conscious of each divers ability and made everyone feel super safe during the whole dive. After each dive the crew would help you out of your gear, and during surface time between dives the crew had lots of stories about all the different places they had worked and dived. When we choose who to dive with it was based what I read on "Trip Advisor",and all I can say is Living the Dream exceeded all of our expectations. If you want the best diving experience ever then Living the Dream is the only way to go. Just make sure you sign yourself up for enough dives. We will be back next year to dive with them again.