“Great Sandwiches - relief from the Ritz....”

Paperman's Coffeehouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As a high end hotel frequenter (Four Season/St. Regis), and a food snob, I feel qualified to offer the following:

While staying at the Ritz and growing increasingly sick of the overpriced mediocre fare, Paperman's quickly became our morning ritual (it is a 5-7 minute walk). Coffee and sandwiches (which are all fantastic - I was home for a week before I kicked the craving). Baked goods are also very good, and everything is 20+% less expensive, and more importantly, 100% better, than the Ritz.

Note: I wouldn't say its not kid friendly (certainly there were kids in and out - mine included) there were no high chairs - difficult to have your kid on your lap with a hot mug of coffee within arms reach.

1  Thank trout444

Reviewed April 19, 2013

...it's a coffee shop that does very good, overpriced coffee with perfectly reasonable pre-prepared mini-salads, and been-sat-here-all-morning baguettes, albeit with fresh-tasting veg. Oh, and they also do soup.
Chairs are horribly uncomfortable small, wooden things except the two easy chairs and a sofa at the front of the shop.
I go there...when I have to.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We found Paperman's to be the best place for coffee on Grand Cayman. If you are a coffee enthusiast this is the place to indulge. We also enjoyed their sandwiches. Despite the name, Paperman's serves their beverages in real mugs vs. Starbucks paper cups. We felt a very comfortable atmosphere inside the coffeehouse and the owner was particularly friendly. We were tourists but we liked the fact that it seemed to be popular with the locals too.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The sandwiches are great and the atmosphere. The coffee is not to my tasting but other people seem to enjoy it.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Intelligentsia coffee is served here. Expect great sandwiches, scones, muffins and coffee. Tucked away in the corner of a strip mall at The Strand, I wish I'd discovered it sooner during out 8-night stay at the Cayman Islands.