“Best Diving and Guide Ever!”
Review of Cayman Marine Lab

Cayman Marine Lab
Ranked #12 of 32 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: 32 years running dive trips in Cayman making us the most experienced and knowledgeable operator. Whether you are just starting or have been diving for decades, you will appreciate the extra effort to get you to the best sites Cayman has to offer. Most of our sites have not been dived by anyone else and the difference is amazing! PhD Marine Biologist will answer all of your critter questions and teach you about what you are seeing on these fresh reefs. Stingray charters, deep drop fishing, and eco-tours are available for the non-divers.
Reviewed October 7, 2014

We did four dives with Cayman Marine Lab between Sept 27 - Oct 4, and it was the best. First and foremost, Tom seems to know the Cayman waters like the back of his hand. I understand he's been diving those waters for 25 yrs or something like that. We dropped anchor on the north wall for each dive this trip, and it was like we were swimming through coral fingers that have never been disturbed to any degree. We saw sting rays, eagle rays, massive turtles, lion fish, thousands of fish of all kinds, and with unlimited visibility. I feel like I'm pretty good at spotting stuff, but Tom was pointing out stuff that I would have missed, no question about it... like a dive whisperer or something. I've dove north, south, and west sides of the island, with all different companies.... but it's always better with Cayman Marine Lab. I cannot wait to go back.

2  Thank Matt-in-Cayman-SMB
cmlcayman, Manager at Cayman Marine Lab, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2014

Thanks Matt; I look forward to showing you even better dives next trip

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"enjoyed diving"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 13, 2014

Grand Cayman is a wonderful vacation destination. New roads, new hotels and many new, wonderful restaurants - all in all, a lot of positive change. We were there eleven days had 7 two tank dive days, all with Cayman Marine Lab. Yes,Tom has a new dive boat and a new zealous disdain for Lion Fish, but diving with CML was the same as it had been and just as good as we had remembered it. The dive sites he chooses are apparently not subjected to high volume dive operators. We saw turtles, barracuda, shark, eels, grouper, lobsters, eagle rays as well as an array of sponges and smaller reef fish. God willing, we will be back, diving with CML next year.

Randy & Madelaine M

2  Thank Madelaine M
cmlcayman, Manager at Cayman Marine Lab, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2014

If I could take you guys out each trip I would be able to do this job until I was 100. Thanks for the wonderful trips.

Reviewed September 8, 2014

Thanks Tom!! This was a great trip. I went on this dive off a cruise boat and there were no hiccups. I communicated with Tom via email and never missed a beat. The places we dove were off the beaten path and there were no other dive boats around. Tom is incredibly knowledgeable, which was exactly what I was looking for. I am an NAUI instructor and will definitely be bringing groups of other instructors as well as open water divers.

1  Thank Mark T
cmlcayman, Manager at Cayman Marine Lab, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Thanks Mark, I will show you instructor buddies a great time. see you soon and good luck with the combo store.

Reviewed September 6, 2014 via mobile

My family has been diving with Cayman Marine Labs for the last 24 years. They run an excellent dive operation and we will continue to dive with them in the future! Can't wait for our next trip!

Hope to see you back soon and thanks for visiting.