“Great Trip”
Review of Cayman Marine Lab

Cayman Marine Lab
Ranked #12 of 32 Tours in Seven Mile Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: 32 years running dive trips in Cayman making us the most experienced and knowledgeable operator. Whether you are just starting or have been diving for decades, you will appreciate the extra effort to get you to the best sites Cayman has to offer. Most of our sites have not been dived by anyone else and the difference is amazing! PhD Marine Biologist will answer all of your critter questions and teach you about what you are seeing on these fresh reefs. Stingray charters, deep drop fishing, and eco-tours are available for the non-divers.
Reviewed September 8, 2014

Thanks Tom!! This was a great trip. I went on this dive off a cruise boat and there were no hiccups. I communicated with Tom via email and never missed a beat. The places we dove were off the beaten path and there were no other dive boats around. Tom is incredibly knowledgeable, which was exactly what I was looking for. I am an NAUI instructor and will definitely be bringing groups of other instructors as well as open water divers.

1  Thank Mark T
cmlcayman, Manager at Cayman Marine Lab, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Thanks Mark, I will show you instructor buddies a great time. see you soon and good luck with the combo store.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"enjoyed diving"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2014 via mobile

My family has been diving with Cayman Marine Labs for the last 24 years. They run an excellent dive operation and we will continue to dive with them in the future! Can't wait for our next trip!

cmlcayman, Manager at Cayman Marine Lab, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2014

Hope to see you back soon and thanks for visiting.

Reviewed September 4, 2014

Best boats, best dive sites, safest operator, best marine lectures, nicest divers, some who I see again and again. If you go to Cayman and don't dive with Tom you will miss a great dive opportunity

1  Thank scubamanbo

nice to have a pro aboard.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Thanks again Tom Byrnes. Your Cayman Marine Lab outfit was very accommodating for my daughter and me as we scrambled for a late-morning dive during our March 2014 visit to Grand Cayman. And your Captain Dylan provided a spectacular afternoon with Cayman Marine Lab on the North Wall.

We are grateful to have found you! We really enjoyed Dylan’s calm expertise and knowledge of marine life, as well as the more personal experience of a less-populated, more relaxed Cayman dive boat.

What a beautiful setting on the North Wall: The big, gliding turtle off the ledge reminded us of Finding Nemo!

See you next March. Cayman Marine Lab is our new dive outfit in Cayman. I will mention your outfit to any who seek great guides scuba-diving in Cayman.

cmlcayman, Manager at Cayman Marine Lab, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

thanks Mark, we look forward to seeing you in March.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Earlier this year I decided to become dive certified. After taking the initial course at our local Midwest Dive shop I was able to to complete my certification dives in April of this year with Tom at the Cayman Marine lab. He was very knowledgeable and I felt comfortable under his guidance. In August I took a second trip to Cayman and dove with CML again. This time I was a little more relaxed and had a couple of fantastic dives! CML took us to the fabulous North Wall where we saw a Hawksbill Sea Turtle, and lots of marine animals. The staff at CML have an eye for sea life and make sure to point out various underwater creatures. Tom is aware of his surroundings at all times. CML is one of the more experienced diving companies on the Island -- I had called ahead to request a time to dive with other divers at my same experience level. They scheduled me with a great group and I had a lot of fun and made some new diving friends.

cmlcayman, Manager at Cayman Marine Lab, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thanks Dave; I was pleased to see how quickly you have progressed since your first diving trip...I think you have caught "the" bug. See you next time.