“Always wonderful”

The Grandview Condos Cayman Islands
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I just returned from a week long stay at Grandview Condos on Grand Cayman Island.

This was my first trip in November - we've always come in March.
This was splendid - I rented one of the 2 bdrm condos, which was just perfect. Nice view out over the pool, central courtyard, with beach and ocean just beyond. The weather was perfect. Hot and sunny every day.
As always, the Grandview staff was most excellent. Max Kenesha, Sophia, Dwight, all the housekeeping staff, were so helpful and considerate. It is so great to see familiar friends and faces each time we go. Can't wait 'til March!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Heckelman

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Quit researching, save yourself some time, and just book your stay at Grandview now.

I just spent my 5th night here in Grand Cayman and am heading out to the airport in about 2 hours. I'm currently sitting on the spacious second-floor balcony of room #1221 watching the Caribbean waves crash onto the beach below with blue skies in the background.

Massive condo with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, granite countertops with a FULLY STOCKED (I am not joking!) kitchen with pots, pans, eatware, spices, and all the tools you could need to whip up some gourmet meals in here, awesome master suite with a Romeo & Juliet balcony, and the main balcony which is accessible both form the bedroom and the living room.

Private Wi-Fi is blazing fast, flat-screen TVs mounted on bedroom and living room in addition to soundsystems and CD/DVD library for listening/watching.

The location is key... you're walking distance to Kirk Market which is a full-on grocery store with most of the same items you'd find in the USA. But keep in mind prices here are higher on everything, which is also reflected in restaurant prices. A large bag of grapes is $9, a Kiwi is $1.50, bag of pasta $5, large box of tea bags $5, etc. Still way cheaper to cook in the condo than go out.

You're right along Seven Mile Beach so you can walk over to the Marriott and enjoy their beach-side bar/restaurant, walk over to The Wharf for a fantastic dining experience, walk to Caymana Bay for some great shopping, the country's only movie theater, and more dining, and catch the bus easily to George Town. (The bus system is awesome here... You can flag them down on the street and they'll stop for you wherever you want, $2.50 US per person per trip).

I highly recommend the Grandview for your lodging needs while in Grand Cayman!

Room Tip: 1221 was awesome. For sure go with oceanfront!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My extended family stayed here in July 2013. We rented several condos and all were spacious and very comfortable. The staff were great. They helped organize excursions and made reservations for us. We really enjoyed our stay and I highly recommend the place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Karen M
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited in May (Memorial Day weekend) and spent 4 nights /5 days in unit 512. We are very picky and wanted a modern, comfy unit to rent for our stay. This was a last minute booking because the other unit we initially booked was forced to cancel us because the owner (this was another property) decided to go to long term rentals.

I'm so glad that happened...the unit was fabulous!!!!!! Totally renovated and the service of the property management was amazing.

I highly recommend this unit and have pics attached for your reference. It's was a MUCH better value than a standard hotel room.

Room Tip: #512 was a great floor unit that faced the pool and ocean
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank April M
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife & I have been staying at the Grandview for 13 years. We know it's a vacation spot but the staff makes you feel like the place is yours. Everyone on site is just remarkable. Great view, great pool, great grounds. Close to everything and being able to walk to get from one place to the next is a plus. We will keep returning and will keep staying at the Grandview. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, this was better, this was home away from home without the work that goes with a stay at home vacation. If you are planning on staying on the island, stay at The Grandview, it will be worth every penny.

Room Tip: Anything on the 2nd floor, great view of the property, pool and sea.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank makndeb
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! It's the perfect location on Seven Mile Beach with private beach areas! The staff was AMAZING and did everything they could to make our stay incredible! From helping me find a local make up artist for photos to helping my husband set up surprise wedding renewal ceremony to booking our Stingray City trip....they made our stay unforgettable! Jessika and Max in the office were amazing and we just loved Dwight who keeps up with the property maintenance! Oh yeah, the condo was amazing as well. We would stay again in a heartbeat!! This vacation will be a hard one to beat!!!

Room Tip: You can go onto the site and reserve a specific condo, which is great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dsizenbach
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I just got back (August 10, 2013) from spending 5 days in Grand Cayman. We stayed at the Grandview Condos and had an amazing experience. We stayed in number 622 which had a great view of the ocean with a nice patio to sit on while drinking your coffee in the mornings and admiring the incredible sunset in the evenings. The condo was perfect for us. My wife and I had our daughter and her friend with us, so they had their own bedroom and bathroom. The condo was well equipped with all the essentials needed to make it home for us during the time we spent there. Grandview is very close to Kirk's food market as well as many restaurants. It's also 10 minutes from Georgetown for shopping as well.Max and his staff were awesome!!!!! They were always friendly and very accommodating. In fact, two of our bags from the airline didn't arrive until the next day, so Max offered to take me to the airport the following morning, rather than waiting on the airport to deliver our luggage. He wanted to ensure we weren't worrying about when we were going to get our bags so we could enjoy our vacation, so he took me to the airport first thing in the morning to pick them up. Jessica also helped us with restaurant recommendations and dinner reservations as well. The entire staff was great!!!! The grounds around the condo were well maintained and beautiful. We also rented a car so we could drive around the island whenever we wanted, so I recommend that as well. The only negative thing I would have to say about Grand Cayman is everything is so much more expensive, so bring extra cash for food and drinks. The local supermarkets and restaurants are probably 200% - 300% more expensive than here in the states. Even though things are much more expensive locally, we will definitely go back. We absolutely had a wonderful time and highly recommend the Grandview condos!!!!!! It was a vacation we will ne'er forget!!!

Room Tip: Call Grandview and talk to them about what you're wanting, and they will accommodate you!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sunshine Suites Resort
Sunshine Suites Resort
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
Villas of the Galleon
Villas of the Galleon
#7 of 36 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to The Grandview Condos Cayman Islands? Share your experiences!