“Comfortable and relaxing”
Review of Regal Beach Club

Regal Beach Club
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family of four found this condo complex to be exactly what we were looking for. Great staff-Tricia is very friendly and informative. The landscape is beautiful and well manicured. Pool on a pristine smaller beach, whirlpool, plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas and two gas grills for guests to use. Water a bit rocky, but beautiful blue and gently sloping. Quite property, but right next store to the Marriot where there is entertainment on weekends and a man made reef for snorkeling. Convenient to groceries, restaurants, shopping, bars and water sports. , Individually owned condos,which I believe all have to meet high standards. Clean, stainless appliances, couches, washer and dryer, inside dining as well as dining on a screened patio with ceiling fan. What more could one ask for at a reasonably priced facility? The only improvement I could suggest is more comfortable beds. We had a great time and hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Where do I start? As a family group of three we stayed in this apartment for two weeks in May 2012. From the moment we arrived in the taxi (which met us at the airport and was organised by Tricia on the reception at Regal Beach), we were blown away. Arriving out of office hours we were warmly welcomed by Tricia and with a friendly smile she gave us a very informative introduction to our condo. She clearly explained all its facilities and also gave us an overview of the area, where to go for shopping, shops hours, how to obtain hire car etc. Tricia was already aware that I have health problems and we were amazed that she had organised a wheelchair for me should I need it and she also offered to sort out transport to the local hospital as she knew that I was going to be using the hospital regularly throughout our stay.
Prior to arriving we had also been in contact with the owners, who had been incredibly helpful with information and advice about the area. They told us that they were only a phone call away should we have any problems whilst in their condo, and I do believe this was a genuine offer although fortunately we did not need to use their services. During our stay we did have an issue with the lavatory flush. We spoke to Trisha and the problem was fixed within a couple of hours. This included calling a plumber, him visiting and assessing the situation, going away to obtain parts and returning to carry out repairs, I think this is excellent service and I don't think you can ask for any more.
The condo is I believe, used regularly by the owners - and it shows! They have made it a real home from home. There is every facility that you could possibly need in each room. The beds were so comfortable, the kitchen well equipped with absolutely everything that you can think of and all good quality utensils. Decor was light and airy whilst the pictures and accessories dotted about really did make you feel that you were in your second home. As this condo is on the ground floor it is excellent for people like myself who have mobility problems. If you go in higher condo's you have stairs to tackle (which get very slippery when wet) and there is no lift. Also being on the ground floor is so good when you just want to step out of your front door and walk the few steps to the seafront and watch the amazing nightly sunsets. During May the weather was incredibly sunny and hot - just what we wanted. I have to say the air conditioning is superb, really really efficient and making the room so comfortable if you need to get a little respite from the blazing sun.
The condo is ideally situated for all local attractions. Just a ten minute drive from the local (very good) hospital, it is also not too far from some excellent restaurants and shopping centres. Calypso Grill, a short drive up the coast is not to be missed and there are a few bargains to be had in some of the shops in Georgetown. However speak to Trisha who will give you good advice about which days to avoid due to cruise ships in port! If you only do one trip it has to be Stingray City up on the North coast. It is fantastic to swim with the stingrays in their natural habitat and to follow it up with a little snorkelling while you're out there. Other exciting things to do are swimming with dolphins and also visiting the turtle farm, but if you just want to laze on the beach there is no better place to do it than on the beautiful white sands just outside your condo! There are two pools on the complex, both of which you can use until 10pm. It was wonderful to sit in the pool with a tumbler of gin and tonic watching the sun go down. We couldn't believe how few people used the pools, most of the time we had them virtually to ourselves which was incredible and it was hard to decide whether to lie on the sun loungers around the sparkling clean pools or to soak up the sun on the glittering white sands - decisions decisions!
Overall this was the holiday of a lifetime in a condo that was truly home from home. I could go on for ever singing it's praises but words don't do it justice, you need to get out there and experience everything for yourself. Go on, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: A downstairs condo means you don't need to tackle slippery steps and also is so convenient for w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Delia62
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed in unit 122 last week with my wife and two boys (15 & 13). It was much better than a hotel and we had a great time there. The management company was helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. The two bedrooms in the unit are large and the living room was very comfortable also. Having a large fully stocked kitchen meant we could buy our food at the Kirks grocery store and eat breakfast and lunch in the unit.

The beach front was very large with chairs, umbrellas, lots of private beach and few people to compete with for them. The pools were also nice but with ocean water that great we really did not spend much time in them.

The location is convenient to many restaurants and hopping isn't too far.

The only complaint would be that the beds were a little stiff, but certainly not bad as someone previously posted.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank TVLHELP
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am lucky enough to work in Cayman and I stayed at the Regal Beach Club for a few months. I changed condo 3 times and I was pleased with everything they have to offer. The management aim to please and the cleaning staff is very efficient. The premise is well groomed and there always a free chair available on the beach.

Room Tip: If you want to have a sunny condo, make sure you are renting the right side when facing the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I'll try to give everyone some good info on this place, and a bit about Grand Cayman for those who haven't been there. Also I should start out by saying that this was a different kind of trip; I went for a week with my sons (both adults), and the primary purpose of our visit was to scatter my wife's ashes in the Caribbean. She passed away last year, and this was one of her last requests. So, if I'm a bit subdued from prior reviews, that is why.
So, we arrived for a week in January, at got to the hotel around 4:30 on a Saturday. Trish is the on-site manager, and she was waiting for us when we got there. She is a long-term local and very knowledgeable about the facility and GC in general.
Our unit was #134. Here is the first downside: third floor, no elevators. I'm still young so I had no problems. If you are older or have health issues with stairs, be sure and get a ground floor unit. The unit was spotless upon arrival, and tastefully, but not lavishly decorated. Two bed, two bath, nice size living room and dining table to seat four, bar seating for three more in the kitchen. Full size fridge, decent selection of flatware, (lousy cutlery); the pots, pans, and plates were good, plenty of plastic cups and glasses (glass not allowed at the pool nor beach). No garbage disposal, but use the trash as there is daily maid service.
No smoking in the rooms but all the units have a screened in sun porch and I thikn you can smoke on them. If this is an issue for you, talk to Trish beforehand. remember that these units areindividually owned condos, so the owners likely have some say about what goes on in their units.
The beds are comfy, and the showers good. Plenty of closet/dresser space. The water on GC is safe to drink but it tastes and smells bad, so be sure and get some bottled water at the store. There is a washer/dryer stack that works very well, but you have to bring your own detergent. (They do provide dishwasher detergent.). The A/C worked great.
First order of business, go to the grocery store. Take a cab, or at least take a cab back. There are two within walking distance; Trish will give you the details. Be sure and get some steaks and stuff to grill; there are big nice propane grills to use on the property. Grocery prices are high, but it is cheaper than eating out. Having said that, you're going to want to eat out some, as there are some fantastic restaurants on GC.
The pool is average size, but nobody uses it much, as everyone goes to the beach. Here is where this place really shines. This is a small facility, and it seemed to be only about half full, but the beach is private, which means only RBC guests are allowed. And, security patrols the place all the time, so there are always plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas, with plenty of room to spread out. Just look next door at the penguin colony that is the Marriott and you'll see what I mean! Shoot, you can even see the difference on Google Earth! And, while the Marriott crowd can't hang at your beach, you can use their beach bar. They take cash and credit cards, but get ready, a couple of cocktails and a beer will run you about US$50 with tip. Better to hit the liquor store around the corner from the gas station just north of RBC and stock up yourself. There's a saying here: it's called Grand Cayman because it costs about a grand per day to visit here.
The surf is gentle enough for the kids to play in, and there is zero undertow. The sand is great, and every night a small group hangs at the beach to have a cocktail or a glass of wine and watch the sunset. Belive me, sunsets at Seven Mile Beach are among the best in the world, and I've seen a bunch of them.
If you are looking for a luxury hotel, the RBC is not for you. If you want a quiet, private, non-crowded place to kick back, then this may work for you. Bottom line, would I go back? Yeah, I would.
If you've never been to GC and want a bit more, keep reading.
Close by, there is a Pizza Hut across the street, and it tastes just like one in the states. There is a bar across the street called the Aqua; I'd avoid it as the manager there is a real jerk. There is a much nicer place called Coconut Joes about 1/2 block south. Two for one margaritas on the night we were there. For a more upscale place, go to the Italian place (can't recall the name), but it is in Buckingham Place strip mall about a ten minute walk north of the RBC on the east side of the street. Fantastic fine dining, excellent service reasonably priced (for GC). Get the conch fritters, a GC specialty.
Georgetown is about a 20-30 minute walk south of RBC. This is where the cruise ships dock, and is where all of the tourists are. When there are 4-5 ships in port, it can get pretty crowded. This is also where all the high-end shopping can be found, as well as some of the more touristy places to eat (think Hard Rock, Jimmy Buffets, Breezes, etc). You want a T-shirt? Go to Georgetown.
I could not in good conscience write this review without mentioning Stingray City. The place is just amazing, and there are a myriad of tour companies to choose from. We used Captain Marvin's and had no problems whatsoever, but the last time we were here we used someone else and had no issues then either. I'd recommend researching them here on TripAdvisor and picking one you are comfortable with. The bottom line is, this is a must do excursion, and one you will always remember.
Another thing, GC pretty much shuts down un Sundays (liquor stores closed). GC is not Cancun or Jamaica, where anything goes. This is a British commonwealth, and the conservative British attitude is evident. Ladies, you can be arrested for topless sunbathing. Swear in a taxicab and you're liable to get an earful from the driver. Speaking of driving, they drive on the left side of the road here, so when crossing the street, look to your right first. This is important, and when you do it the first time you'll get it.
Financial tips. Creidt cards are good here, and most places convert and give you a receipt in US dollars. If you pay for something with US currency, you will almost certainly get your change in Caymanian dollars, or CI, as they call it for short. The exchange rate is fixed, and pegged to the US dollar, so you don't have to worry about getting the best rate. The rate is, .8$CI = 1$US. So, if you look at something priced in CI, multiply it times 1.25 to get the US price.
Other than the aforementioned bar manager, I have found the Cayman people to be very outgoing and very friendly. They are proud of their islands and their heritage, and they do understand that their success is tied to tourism, so they go out of their way to take care of their customers. They are a very polite people, so mind your manners, say please and thank you, smile, address them as Ma'am or Sir. Do these simple things and you are certain to enjoy your stay.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
18  Thank Stew013
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We just returned from our first time at Regal Beach Club and Grand Cayman, and we were not disappointed! The pictures of the resort are exactly the way it is- only better! We stayed in oceanfront condo #122, and it was very clean, tastfully decorated, and had all the comforts of home. The screened in porch was absolutely beautiful- a perfect view of the beach, also we could easily see the kids in the pool. We spent every meal out there. The condo has everything you need except laundry soap; they even supply the soap/dishwasher detergent. The rooms are cleaned everyday except Sunday, and the ladies do a fabulous job. The beach was quiet, beautiful and sandy. We saw some people come over to our beach from the Marriott because it was so quiet and sandy. Snorkelling right there, and over to the Marriott next door was great for snorkelling because there is more rocks,as well as Water Sports if you want to rent something. The girls in the office are a great help and very friendly. They helped us with any questions I had (alot of them!). It is situated along the quieter south end of seven mile beach, but you can easily walk to plaza, liquor store, convienience store, Andys rent a car and restaraunts. We would definately return here again. You can't go wrong with this resort.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 95Bert
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Lets see, I have vacationed in Maui and Oahu Hawaii, Cancun Mexico, Durants Barbados, Montezuma Costa Rica, Paradise Island Bahamas, and Ochos Rios Jamaica but nowhere did I feel as special as I felt walking the sands of Seven Mile Beach outside my condo at The Regal Beach Club. What a special time we had. The Regal Beach Club was exactly what we hoped it would be, a clean and modern place where we could relax easily and just enjoy our adventure in paradise. We are not wealthy but our level of comfort is very high and we were not disappointed with the amenities. The white sand beaches in front of the Regal Beach Club were never crowded.
The grounds are neatly keep and we always felt safe no matter what time we ventured out. I am seriously thinking (dreaming) of buying property here when I retire. Thank you Cayman Islands, Seven Mile Beach and The Regal Beach Club for a special 2011 vacation in paradise.

Room Tip: Every condo has an ocean view but the high up the condo the better in my opinion.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to Regal Beach Club? Share your experiences!