“Great trip to Grand Cayman!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seven Mile Beach
London House Condominiums
College Station, Texas
“Great trip to Grand Cayman!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at London house for 6 nights from June 30th- July6 with two friends. We take a "girls trip" every summer and this year was Grand Cayman. We had a great time. London house was picture perfect! What you see in the photos is exactly what you get. The beach could not be more beautiful. It was not crowded at all when we were there. As a matter of fact, there were usually only 4-6 other people on the beach at any time! It was quiet, clean and right on the beach. The only draw back was that it is quite a distance from shops etc. so you must ride the bus or get a cab where ever you want to go. The plus is that the bus will stop for you right outside of London House. You could snorkel right off of the beach outside of the condo. I LOVE the hammock house. I actually fell asleep out there one afternoon! I would recommend London House for a quiet, relaxing stay on Grand Cayman!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sally10_11

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed July 6, 2011

i really enjoy london house. this was our third stay and our 14th trip to grand cayman. we've stayed pretty much everywhere and there is no better value on the island. management is attentive and friendly and go out of their way to please. i received a call from london house on saturday before our scheduled arrival on sunday, asking if they could pick up some groceries for us since the stores would be closed on sunday. when we arrived, our fridge was full and there was even a special cake which i asked for, in honor of fathers day. they asked only that we pay for the groceries in cash and there was no fee for their trouble.

accommodations in our unit, number six are updated and clean. the kitchen is well stocked and there is a small washer/dryer unit in the second bedroom. unpacking from this trip was easy since i was able to launder everything before packing. all i had to do was take everything out and put it away in the closet.

there was a subtle musty smell in the living area -although the bedrooms were fine. i only smelled this on our first day since housekeeping took care to install an air freshener before i had a chance to ask about it.

better than basic, extremely comfortable and friendly. i've stayed in the most exclusive hotels around the world and this is still my idea of the very best vacation. we stayed two weeks this trip and we'll be back next year.

Room Tip: downstairs units still afford privacy with excellent views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank michelabelle
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed at london house in june 2011......after looking for many different condos i settled on london house because the location looked perfect.
Im a british caymanian so had lots of friends and family to see and thought it would be a good spot for everyone to travel too,and it really was......
the managment was friendly and informative and always on hand if you needed them ,the location was perfect,very quiet section of beach never crowded and the water was calm and crystal clear everday so snorkling was fun.
London house is close to tourist spots such as the turtle farm,and is on the main west bay rd so everything was at your doorstep if you wanted to venture out of the condo.
The condo itself was very clean,maid service everyday aprt from sunday,it was like having a home away from home just perfect for me as i had family over and it was big enough to fill my needs..lovely decor and beautiful surroundings !
If anyone with a family were thinking of possibly renting a condo from london house i would say go ahead and do it,im taking my two sons one 12 and the other 4 in january its perfect for them and also if a couple or single person were to go it would be a great holiday in a great condo too.
Cant wait to go back

Room Tip: I stayed in unit 17 .2 beds,overlooking ocean
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank crystal_blue81
Houston
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We have stayed at London House twice now and love it. The condos are clean and well decorated and have great maid service daily. We stayed in unit 19, which is 2 bedrooms and bath with a great view. The pool is small but adequate. The condo is on what I consider to be the best stretch of Seven Mile Beach and is quiet and uncrowded. We had a car once and not the other, and I do think having one makes the trip better. The manager is great, very helpful, and doesn't mind being contacted whatever your need may be. We'll be back for sure!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jcgstir
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We stayed at another wonderful, highly-rated small hotel, but the London House was my favorite. I have a small child who loves to swim with me. We loved the clear, big beach that was calm. Thus, this is my favorite condo on the island. I am not big on walking through grass, rocks, or murky water. I get a little freaked out to be honest. Thus, the winner--The London House. Now, if you like snorkeling right outside your door go for the Turtle Nest! Great snorkeling, according to many people who stayed there with us. They are also wonderful people and it's a beautiful property.

At the London House, the beach also has many areas of shade either under a tree, swinging in a hammock or in a hammock under a thatched roof. The pool is also beautiful and clean. I also enjoyed the plants around the property.
Dominique, the manager, was also wonderful. I saw her taking out the garbage, helping with the power outage (all along the beach when we were there), and she got me a new coffee pot the minute I asked.
What else did I enjoy? I liked that the two bedrooms were upstairs so I could watch tv/listen to music while my daughter slept upstairs. I loved the big balcony. I also enjoyed the cleanliness of the unit and comfy king-sized bed. I also liked that we were able to walk to the Tiki Hut restaurant. I was able to have some drinks--two for one happy hour--and walk back. I also felt very safe walking around this section of the island with just my daughter.
Thank you for the wonderful memories. I hghly suggest this property if you have a family, like a beautiful beach, want privacy/but can walk somewhere, or just want to relax.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank feelingbeachy
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I have visited Grand Cayman more than 25 times since 1988. Clearly, I think Grand Cayman is special! I've stayed at several different properties, but my last 10 or more visits were at the London House. Sure, it is an older property but it has been very well maintained, great management staff and I think it is located on the very best part of Seven Mile Beach. I have scheduled another visit in November. It just doesn't get much better than Grand Cayman and the London House.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Speed2
Hotlanta
Reviewed October 26, 2010

First off, we travel to places like Grand Cayman because we are divers. We generally go around the end of October because it is still low season, and you can get good deals on airfare and lodging. We like to stay at places that have a kitchen, so we can make coffee and breakfast before we go diving, and can eat in most of the time to save a little money.

We chose London House initially because it is a smaller condo complex, is on a more quiet stretch of Seven Mile Beach up near West Bay, and the reviews on Tripadvisor were favorable.

Our communication with London House was mostly via email, and they were always quick to respond. We booked a week in a 1 bedroom at their half off rate. I also told them I was planning a surprise wedding, and they were delighted to let us have it on the beach at sunset.

When we first arrived we were greeted by Dominque, and were pleasantly surprised to hear that we had been upgraded to an upper floor 2 bedroom unit, Unit 20.

Unit 20 was well appointed with a large fully stocked kitchen, dining area, 1/2 bath and living room with 40" LCD TV, and a nice outdoor deck. Upstairs was two bedrooms and two baths, one with a jetted tub, and one with a shower. Each bedroom had an LCD TV as well.

The pool and sundeck area were very nicely laid out, with plenty of lounges, and there is also a built in Cayman grill and a gas grill. The grounds were very well taken care and trimmed, and the paths were all spotless and well lit at night.

There is also a hammock hut, which is where I spent most of my time in the afternoon after diving. My wife would lay out by the pool or on the beautiful sandy white beach. There was plenty of area if you wanted to work on your tan, but also plenty of shade as well. I think I counted 10-12 hammocks, so there was plenty for everyone.

When I surprised my wife with our vows renewal, Dominique was right there to help. I hired Joy Basdeo of The Joy of Weddings to do the service under the Casurina Tree, and Heather Holt from Heather Holt Photography to document the event. It was the perfect sunset and Heather captured every moment of it.

Nebby took care of our unit, and gave us lots of helpful info, as well as keeping our unit spotless!

We had an absolutely wonderful time, and hated to leave and head back to Atlanta. I highly recommend London House, and know you will enjoy it as much as we did.

Thanks Dominque for everything!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple