“Loved it!”

Villas of the Galleon
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was a great place to stay. Perfect location. Right next to the Ritz and Westin, which both beaches were packed. Our beach was quiet, lots of lounge chairs and shade. I thought I would miss not having a pool but never did. It is well maintained and great for a family of 4.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank micon2

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have been to Villas of the Galleon and Cayman about 15 times in the past 15 years and it is the one place that consistently delivers a truly incredible experience. Lisa Ebanks, the manager, is always willing to help out and is an organized person who can make even the most impossible things happen despite 'Cayman time'. There was one time that we had a TV that was on the fritz in our unit and she not only got us a brand new TV, but switched it for a wall mounted flat screen, all within the space of a few hours.

The units are immaculate and the beach is extremely beautiful. If you have an ocean front unit, it is quite possible to be within a stone's throw of the surf. Where else could this happen?

I could go on even more, but really there isn't a place that I love more or a value that is better. For about $600 a day you can get two bedrooms and a nice kitchen and a view that is killer.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are truly spectacular and worth the upgrade price.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My wife and I spend 2 fantastic weeks in unit #73. We were very pleased with our choice. The location cannot be beat! Unit #73 was bright extra clean for a 30 year old property...it has been very well maintained. Our unit had all new appliances and seemed totally updated except for the TV, it was well stocked, the cleaning staff were excellent. They were not cheap with supplies as we received plenty of soaps, shampoos, paper towels, towels, beach towels, dishwashing soap etc. on a daily basis. The internet connection was fantastic.
We will definately recommend Villas of the Galleon to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DrBeach77
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This condo rental property was perfect for our group attending a destination wedding. We stayed in Unit 54 with others spread throughout the property. Lisa was very accommodating with all of our requests as both guests and for the wedding party (which included a small tent, band, and catered dinner). Our unit had a WELL equipped kitchen which served us well as we hosted dinner one evening we were there.
To my knowledge, this property does not have a pool. There is a workout room.

As for location, it was right on the beach, next door to the Westin (moderately priced breakfast buffet) and across the street from the Sunshine Suites (good food I'm told). I had original plans to say in a traditional hotel, but the bride asked me to step in for a last minute cancellation. Bravo to the unit owners for making their home so comfortable and inviting. Also thanks to Lisa for helping us all out and responding to my e-mails when I thought a hurricane was going to cancel our trip.

Hopefully I can add photos at a later time.

Room Tip: We were spread out in Units 1, 17, 54, 53 and 36. Units 54 and 1 had a garden/ocean view and were al...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Best part of the beach. Units are large! Landscaping wonderful! Would highly recommend this Place!! We had 3 families and it was more than accommodating!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Susannah K
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed in the three bedroom ground level unit with my mom and my aunt and uncle. There are two "master bedroom"-type rooms with large beds and en-suite bathrooms. There is a third bathroom in the hall, and the third bedroom has two twin beds. The furniture is some kind of wicker, but it's reasonably comfortable, and you don't want to stay inside anyway! You can walk out the sliding glass doors and be right on the beach! The beach here is NOT crowded at all, thank goodness. I felt so sad when I walked by the neighboring "luxury resorts" and saw how people were packed in like sardines in their beach chairs. That's not how to live. Also, a short walk down the beach is a decent snorkel spot.

Great central location on Seven Mile Beach, between the Ritz and the Westin, so if you want to go to a pool bar or something, it's a short walk. Also, there's a strip mall across the street so you can get anything you need or go to breakfast or lunch at the little diner there. Lots of excellent restaurants that aren't too far away, and there's a little "bus" that goes up and down Seven Mile Beach road that will take you anywhere for like $3.

The housekeepers come every day except for Sunday, I think, but the whole island shuts down on Sunday, really. Getting a little condo on the beach is really the way to go. I think it ended up being roughly $1,000 per night, but divide that up among the six people who could stay there at once, and it's pretty reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at the Villas from August 24-31, 2011. The 3 bedroom condo we stayed in (Unit 47) was a dream come true. The location on the beach was spectacular. The view, magnificent. The unit was cleaned daily (except Sunday) by a very pleasant woman. Lisa is a wonderful manager, even made sure there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers awaiting my mother when we got there (it was her 83rd Birthday). There were several books on the shelves for our reading pleasure. The only complaint we had - and it was only my mom who cared - was that there is no pool. My mom thought the waves were too big. The rest of us spent all of our time snorkeling, and/or simply just relaxing on the beach, getting a tan, and being mesmerized by the azure blue Caribbean Sea. Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#6 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to Villas of the Galleon? Share your experiences!