Here we have a senior-citizen couple who enjoys traveling and visiting a variety of locations within the Caribbean during their winter months. They've sampled destinations along the eastern string of islands, the Venezuelan coast, and several of the Cayman Islands. So where have they spent 80% of their Caribbean stays? On Grand Cayman and even more specific, Silver Sands. They've vacationed along Seven Mile Beach and Rum Point - even rented a fine home one year. But this spring marked their 19th visit to Silver Sands.
Grand Cayman is a very contemporary country - they have good roadways and a multitude of beaches and snorkeling areas. In addition, there is a wide selection of fine restaurants, and food stores for those hungry moments during your day. But the greatest asset to this fine country is their people. They are always considerate of their visitors and positive in their approach to life. They typically want you to enjoy your visit and are pleased to make suggestions on restaurants, food courts, snorkeling and scuba areas. And there are a multitude of tour guides and boat captains who can deliver you to these exotic coves and technicolor surrounds.
But why Silver Sands? About 15 years ago we did a first hand inventory of all the condos between Yacht Drive and Cemetery Beach. We walked their beaches, visited representative condos, secured their rates and viewed their general properties. Silver Sands won this contest, hands down !! Their units are spacious and well designed. And over the past 10 years, Silver Sands has instituted major renovations to their units, walkways and lovely gardens and beach area. The only drawback is making sure you've provided sufficient lead time for that next vacation.
Silver Sands location is convenient and rather quiet, with several very good restaurants only 10 minutes away. Plus, nearby is another selection of smaller restaurants that feature Caribbean menus. Add to this a good variety of full-line grocery stores. We recommend stocking your refrigerator to the hilt, organizing your day around Silver Sands gardens, pool and beach, and enjoying lunches and dinners from your lovely patio overlooking the spectacular views afforded by their gardens.
They are to be sure, "The best kept secret on 7-Mile Beach". And among these secrets is the great snorkeling found right off their beach!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a perfect, quiet location on Seven Mile Beach, and set among four acres of beautiful grounds and 550ft of sublime beach, Silver Sands' unique and stylish 2 and 3 bedroom apartments all face the ocean and are only a few steps from the pool and beach. With less than half of our 42 condos available for rent, you will probably feel that you have the place to yourself! So stop searching - you've arrived! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Silver Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Condominiums Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Silver Sands Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands