We chose Aqua Bay Club hoping for a serene and peaceful beachfront getaway. On the positive side, the accommodation was nicely furnished and clean. The staff was helpful responding to questions both before and after our stay. The beach was also beautiful while being reasonably close to good snorkeling at Cemetery Reef. We had our own rental car, which was an absolute necessity at this location. The resort is very close to a large grocery store and several excellent restaurants, but too far to walk.
However, there were several downsides:
1. Road noise - we could hear cars along the main road from the master bedroom. This would probably happen in any of the condos along the beach, unfortunately, as most are quite close to the main road.
2. Roosters - every morning around 6 am, roosters crowed loudly.
3. Construction next door - while not Aqua Bay's fault, there were whining saws and drills at the building next door that started around 7 am every day. We were not told about this when booking our stay and asked for a discount which was refused.
4. Chintzy on the small things - We paid $435/night for a party of 3, so we were expecting a certain level of luxury for that price. A small pack of shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion was provided at the beginning of the stay but for the master bath only. We were there for 8 nights so we asked for more shampoo and soap. While the staff did provide it for us, they made it clear that normally guests are expected to bring their own shampoo and soap. If we had been staying at a bargain place, we would have expected to bring our own shampoo and soap, but for when paying over $400/night, we were very surprised by this.
5. Safe in the room - not a major issue, but our safe broke about 5 nights into our stay. We reported it the same day but this was not taken care of by the time we checked out.
All in all, we felt that we paid a luxury price for an OK place. I would either stay somewhere nicer next time for the same money, or stay in a different condo for much less. We met several other people staying in condos along Seven Mile Beach who were paying far less than we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bay Club - Grand Cayman, is one of the most desirable short term rental luxury condominiums along World Famous Seven Mile Beach. It provides a perfect vacation gateway and assures tranquility as well as unspoiled beauty of the land and ocean. All of our 21 apartments are privately owned and are kept in impeccable condition. Guests will enjoy freshwater pool, Jacuzzi and plenty of sun or the shade of the Aqua Bay's tropical palms and thatched huts located in the court yard and at the waters edge. Now offering FREE high speed internet access in every unit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bay Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Aqua Bay Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands