Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
$438
$389
$499
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$300
$304
$295
TripAdvisor
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
$789
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,449 results
All reviewsstingers barambassador diversfree breakfastsandy pathyogurtbacon or sausagemake your own wafflesshort pathdive shopgrand caymanbreakfast roomwaffle makerpool areabreakfast staffacross the streetfront desk staffhot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2009

I relied very heavily on tripadvisor reviews when choosing the hotel that I wanted for my recent Cayman vacation. Since I am the type of traveler that enjoys spending the majority of my time on the beach or by the pool, I wasn't terribly worried about the poor reviews of the hotel. I figured that I really just needed a nice, safe place to stay at night since I would be up at dawn and have most of my day outside. When I read the reviews and realized that the Comfort Suites was essentially sharing the same beach as the Marriott, I figured that I would save myself the $150/night and just stay at the Comfort Suites. How different could it be!?

Well, I'm here to tell you...it's VERY different and I have no doubt that I would have enjoyed my vacation exponentially more if I had only known to stay at the Marriott instead. While I agree with other reviewers on the quality of the rooms (very clean, plenty of room for two people, etc.), I have never stayed at a hotel with ruder staff in my entire life. This would normally not bother me at all - again, I'm not one to hang out at the hotel and get chummy with the staff. But the extreme rudeness (ignoring me when I walked up to ask for a towel...and then rolling their eyes since they had to put their newspaper down to get one for me; talking on their cell phone while I patiently waited to tell them that the toilet was, once again, stopped up; acting like it was my fault that they gave me a room that was already being used by someone else) displayed on a daily basis by the staff really put a damper on my perception of the hotel. On the other hand, we walked over to the Marriott one evening and were greeted with a smile or a "How are you this evening, ma'am?" from every single Marriott staff member that I encountered. I can only imagine how nice they would have been had I been a guest and asked for a towel!

The other thing that I will point out is that although the Comfort Suites and Marriott share the same beach, it could not be a more different experience as far as the chairs and "extras" that are available. The reviewers that said that the Marriott does not mind if you use their chairs could not have been more wrong. The lovely chairs and umbrellas are exclusively for the Marriott guests and you will be asked to get off of them if you use them. The Comfort Suites guests are allowed 10 rickety, rusty chairs that are available on a first come, first serve basis. There are no umbrellas (not even available to rent) so you are basically sitting in the hot sun all day on a rusty chair while your Marriott neighbors have functioning lounge chairs and individual umbrellas to shade themselves with. Again, this is something that I didn't think I needed until I got there - and I can tell you, you want an umbrella for shade in the 86 degree heat.

So to end this review, please do yourself a favor and realize that if you are going to the Caymans, it's not the time to try to be cheap and save a few bucks here and there (like I thought I would). Instead, spend the extra $150 for a great hotel with friendly staff, plenty of available beach chairs and an umbrella. And don't think that you can just go up to the hotel to have an umbrella...as many other reviewers have pointed out, they are building a huge hotel next to the Comfort Suites. On the afternoons that we would go up to the pool just to have some shade, we were all but asphyxiated by the machine fumes and had not a moment of peace from all of the hammering, sawing and dropping of materials. At least once every half hour, a huge plume of dust would fall over the entire pool area from the construction site. Mothers were actually telling their kids to close their eyes as this mess would fall upon us.

Do me a favor - learn from my mistake and please don't stay here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank JellyBoo
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I have stayed at the Comfort Suites twice for business and intend to stay there every time I visit. The rooms are spacious and the rates are good. The location is within walking distance to many good restaurants and bars. The bar at the pool (Stinger’s) is also a big plus.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2009

4th visit, but first with family, the staff are very courteous, the facilities are perfect with pool and adjacent bar/restaurant, easy beach access and even a sandbox for the kids.
We had a 2 bedroom suite which was huge, with 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen and living room. All you need is within walking distance (convenience store at gas station) and Georgetown is a quick busride away.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2009

Hotel was clean. Rooms were spacious.
Staff was friendly, helpful and always smiling.
Stingers' bar was fantastic, as was the staff.
Ambassador Diving was a plus to have right on the property.
Just what we wanted
Go!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We chose this hotel due to the room layouts, since we have a toddler son whom we wanted to be able to put in a separate room with the door closed while he napped, etc . Ours was a queen bed room and although a bit smaller than I expected, perfect for our needs. The kitchenette area was great and the entire place was extremely clean. The cabinetry and countertops give the room a dated appearance, but other than that, no complaints at all.

We spent the majority of our time at the beach, which is not even a 1-minute walk down a sandy path behind the pool. The beach area is fabulous and the water/sand are amazing. Breakfast was better than I expected and the onsite dive/rour shop and poolside restaurant were very nice. The Wed night luau/fire show was fun too.

The staff were extremely friendly & helpful, and the hotel is located within walking distance of several shops/resturants, and is also directly across the street from a rental car service which was also very convenient.

Would definitely go back!

p.s. I will say the pool area is rather noisy right now due to a condo buiding being built directly behind the pool (scheduled to be complete in June 09) and the next door Marriott renovating its balconies. Thankfully this noise did not seem to be bothersome at the beach, which is where we were most of the time anyway.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family