Spent New Years week 2008 at Comfort Suites, Grand Cayman. Were originally booked at Courtyard Marriott, which was damaged by a recent hurricane, and so we were re-booked here. Had read some bad reviews about this hotel, and so was prepared for the worst. Thankfully all turned out well.
The hotel was clean, the room was fairly large. It was really nice to have a full kitchen in the room - while we didn't use it to make any meals, it's great to have for keeping snacks, mixing drinks, etc. We also appreciated the included breakfast each day.....muffins, bagels, make-your-own waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, yogurt, hard boiled eggs....all you really need to fill your belly before heading out for the day. Having free wi-fi, (and also a free internet terminal in the lobby) also adds to the list of nice touches.
While not right on the beach, it's only about a 2 minute walk down a sandy path to the beachfront. I'd known from prior trips that the Marriott, which is next door, has a crowded beach area. That's one of the reasons I was prepared to not be happy at Comfort Suites. But on the other side of the hotel are a long string of condos, and the beach was nice and quiet on that side. I like to snorkel and was happy that there was at least a little bit to look at right offshore (the "reefballs" in front of the Marriott attract a fair amount of fish).
Location was convenient for dinner.....just across the street from Coconut Joes (so-so); just a block down from Aqua Beach (which had great food); and the pool bar/restaurant, Stingers, also had good food. It's just a couple of blocks from other shopping/groceries/liquor store.
The only small problem we had at the hotel were with the room key cards. 3 times during our stay, our cards stopped working and required a trip to the front desk to have them reprogrammed. And the only really negative thing that I have to say about the hotel is that the bed wasn't very comfortable - if other rooms have the same bedding, I'd say it's high time for the hotel to buy new mattresses. That might be a major sticking point for some; for me it was a minor annoyance - after a full day in the sun, snorkeling & going for very long walks, I was too tired to let a worn-out mattress bother me much. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with efficiency kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with mini-fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee pot are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands