“It was okay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
va
“It was okay”
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We had a studio suite with kichenette and a sofabed. Beds were comfortable and it was clean but a bit cramped for 3 people, but served our needs. Breakfast was basic waffles, bagels, yogurt, etc. the usual and we ate there every morning. Free internet in the breakfast area. Bar/restaurant at Comfort Suites was very good and priced about the same as everywhere else that serves burgers & fries (around $75 US for lunch). Pool area was nice but apparently they do pool parties for the local kids and that was a bit annoying on a couple of days. But who wants to go the pool anyway, you are in the Caribbean for gosh sakes. Bad thing was no chairs provided for the beach, which is VERY narrow (and no shade) in front of Comfort Suites. Every other hotel has them, so we had to be content with lying in the sand on our hotel provided towels whilst looking at the folks at the Marriott next door with their nice lounge chairs and umbrellas. You can walk to Coconut Joes, Cimboco (def go here for yummy local food). Staff was friendly although we got kind of ripped off at the "spa" there at the hotel. We got charged for the 60 minute pedicure and got the minimal service so be clear beforehand what you are requesting/paying for. All in all ok but if the Marriott is in the same price range, i would opt for it next time.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank HokieKayaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Miami
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I almost cancelled my reservation after seeing the one star review but could not. Well I don't know what hotel that person stayed at but I found the Comfort Suites was a fine place to stay especially for the money.

My room was clean. The carpet and furniture were clean and nothing to complain about. The bedspread was cleaner than most. The best was very comfortable. Yes there is only a fiberglass shower enclosure but it works fine. The bathroom is too tight for two persons but was clean and well lit. My only real complaint is that the hot water was not as hot as I would like.

The hotel itself is pretty basic but it is well placed. There are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance. One is just accross the street. If you need water there is a Texaco that has a pretty decent food shop about two blocks away. For kids there is a Wendy's about three blocks away. The breakfast is pretty basic but I found enough that I could happily eat.

The hotel is not on the beach but that should not be news. The pool area is decent. The walk to the beach is short and I had no problems with the construction going on. You are right next door to the Marriott and the beach is nice there. Just be careful if you swim behind the Marriott as it has placed concrete pieces in the water that are meant to help preserve the beach.

I stay in a lot of hotels and I'd stay in the Comfort Suites again without thought. It is a great value for the money. I've attached a photo of my room which, incidentally, had both a functioning smoke alarm and sprinkler.

I can only imagine that Mr. One Star managed to very much irriate the staff sufficiently that they put him in a room that was in the process of being redone.

• Liked — the value
  • Disliked — the lack of hot water
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank MBenz
Montreal,Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Hello everyone. First of all I work for a major airline in Canada and I have stayed in many hotels. This hotel is one of the worst I've stayed in. The location is ok but the rooms , yes the rooms are terrible !

I am sitting in my so called room right now writing this review. The carpets are so stained that it looks like they took them out of a train station. So stained ! The room itself is so full of scuffs and stains that I want to gag ! Let me put it this way, I have also worked for the Canadian Gov. transporting detainees to their respective countries. Before their flight they stayed in hotel rooms. Those rooms compared to this room I'm in now were amazing ! I don't know how anyone can say this room is acceptable . It's not. Not for the 192.00 I paid per night.

As soon as I walked in , I went to the front desk to ask for my money back. They refused even though they have signs describing their 100 % satisfaction guarantee. I told them about the insects and smell in the room and all they said was , if you leave we will still charge you 1 night stay. I went next door to the Marriott where it was heaven ! Packed up and moved .

Manager at the Comfort suites wouldn't talk to me in person. A front desk clerk was very sympathetic and very nice and took care of my departure. Just to let you know I was still charged a night for that dump !

I haven't added a coment in years to Tripadvisor.com but i just had to this time .

If you have no choice and plan to spend almost no time in the room ,maybe you could stay here. I have 2 kids and I had to lysol everything before letting them touch anyting.

Please email me if you need more info at IAMSPIN@MSN.COM

Please everyone look elsewhere first !!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this .

• Liked — The Fact That The Marriott Was Next Door . Quick Pack Up And Move To A Nice Room Next Door
  • Disliked — The Room ! It Was Horrible
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
10 Thank IAMSPIN
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Great experience. We book w/scuba dive trip pkg.thru Eden Rock Dive shop. The staff was great, room was great, a/c worked almost too good 63 degrees! We were on 1st floor so lugging scuba gear was no issue. It was very quiet. Great bar for food/drinks at pool. Pool very nice w/hot tub. Not crowded. Try their blackened Mahi mahi sandwich. Beach access such an easy walk. Don't book here if you are looking for an ocean view from room. There is construction of a new hotel between this hotel and the beach. We were on beach after 5 pm daily and no workers or construction noise at that time. Not sure about midday. But if so...walk a few yards up or down beach and you are away from that. Free breakfast was a bonus before long day of diving. Free usage of computer w/ internet in lobby. Will stay there again as it met all our needs for a comfortable dive marathon week. Looked great for families also. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! Fabulous value!

• Liked — value/comfort/location/cleaniness/service
  • Disliked — no beach view, but knew that prior to booking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cswbkw
California
Reviewed April 19, 2008

I've stayed at several Comfort Suites and this one was not my favourite. Our room was clean but old and run down, and the bed was pretty uncomfortable. Although the hotel is not technically on the beach, it was only a two minute walk away. Some construction was happening nearby while we were there so it was noisy during the day. The staff were very nice. At one point I used the free internet access in the lobby of the hotel, and walked away without my purse. After about 30 minutes I realized what I had done and hurried back to the computer, to find that the person at the front desk had grabbed my purse and was leaving me a message in my room to come and pick it up. A big relief!
The pool area was nice, with a bar that got pretty busy at night. We were walking distance to some good restaurants -- we liked Coconut Joe's across the street. This hotel was not the Hyatt, but it was a lot cheaper and right next door!

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank cheerybCalifornia
barrow
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Suites from 2-9 Apr 08. We were a bit worried by the reports of building work and yes unfortunately there are building works between the hotel and 7 Mile Beach.
Sometimes you hear the building work and sometimes you don't, it's hit and miss but it did not spoil our stay one little bit.
We did spend quite a bit of time at the beach only because one side of the pool was in shade caused by the new building.
Stingers is great for a poolside snack and always have daily drink specials on - the Strawberry Daiquiri was a personal fave of mine.
We had a fantastic steak at Copper Falls which is a must. Also had a lovey Italian meal at Casa Med. Coconut Joes was good for food but more bar snacks but were still very nice.
I didn't find food and drink too expensive considering it's the carribean.
If you get chance you must go to Stingray City and also Black Pearl Skate and Surf Park - I thoroughly enjoyed them even though I'm not much of a water baby.
Only downside was that the computer in the reception was soooo slow but hey this is the Carribean afterall and you are on holiday! Free coffee avail all day was an unexpected treat and the breakfast was more than enough.
Would definitely recommend Grand Cayman as a holiday spot!

• Liked — Location was close to restaurants, bars and beach.
  • Disliked — Not enough sunbeds when it gets busy.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
ireland
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Good value, well run place. A much more comfortable relaxed place to stay than the 4 star marriot next door and much better value.

Breakfast was pretty poor but other than that everything was good.

• Stayed January 2008
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#1 of 1 in East End

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!