We stayed six nights at this property while vacationing in Grand Cayman. We checked in with no problem and had a room on the 5th floor (I had emailed in advance to request an upper floor; the request was granted). The room itself was quite clean. We had a full view of the pool and a partial view of the sea. Our A/C unit worked well. The housekeeping was done daily around 1:00. The housekeepers did a great job! Having a fridge in the room was a nice bonus as we used it for water, etc. This was a great cost-saving measure as we bought drinks at the supermarket to take to the beach. It is apparent that the room had been recently updated and was well-appointed for the Comfort Suites brand. The daily included breakfast was sufficient and met the brand-standard for Comfort Suites. It included hot eggs and one daily hot accompaniment, two varieties of waffles, a variety of toastable breads, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, three cereals, cut and raw fruits, oatmeal, juices, and coffee/tea/hot cocoa. Everything was stocked and fresh. We had no trouble finding a table but the breakfast room was busy at all times. The breakfast was also a great cost-saver! The path to the beach was a 30 second walk and was no issue. The beach area for this hotel itself is very small but we were able to get chairs and an umbrella each day. Getting an umbrella simply required a stop at the front desk to ask for assistance. Seven Mile Beach is unmatchable for its fine sand and clear water. We snorkeled right off of the beach and saw a wide variety of fish. Towels for the beach are provided and can be checked out for the entirety of the stay. Exchanging for fresh towels was also just a quick stop at the front desk; we did this frequently. The grounds of the hotel are well-maintained. We saw staff hard at work cleaning, cutting, and trying hard to make the property an inviting place. Our experiences at the front desk were generally quite good with one exception (I'd love to name the person but her nametag simply said "Trainee"). Each time we encountered this woman she mumbled/grumbled, never smiled, and acted as if we were bothering her to exchange towels, etc. On our last night a folio for express checkout was slid under our door as is the case for most hotels. We received somebody else's bill (luckily there was no credit card on the bill). I took the other person's bill to the front desk to turn it in. "Trainee" did not apologize for the error and did not offer to print my bill. I asked for my bill. She grumbled and printed one. She handed it to me and walked away. It is of note that this woman was the exception to the rule as all of our other encounters with staff members were positive and reinforced the welcoming nature of the staff. The Comfort Suites is a bargain compared to other corporate/branded hotels on the island. We enjoyed out stay and felt that we got what we paid for. We would return to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with full kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with kitchenette are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Choice Hotels so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands