My mom was celebrating her birthday and needed somewhere to stay for the night as she knew she would be drinking and not be able to get home.
As a local, I've never thought very much of Comfort Suites but I have to say when choosing somewhere to stay on island it can't be ruled out.
I can't comment on the staff as really, I had no reason to interact with them and my mom checked in without me.
The hotel only has 5 floors, we were placed on floor 2. There was a vending and ice machine which was nice to have on the floor. The door's are very hard to open (or maybe I'm inept) but I had to be told you pull up then down to enter. This obviously is minor but it did kind of bother me.
The rooms are very spacious, we had two beds which could have easily fit 2 people each and there was a pull out couch. The TV was a flat screen, and had the basic Cayman package (42 Channels) which was very nice. There were two closets, which I assume would be helpful for larger families and lots of drawer space.
The bathroom was average, however large enough for my mom and I to share. Also the Kitchenette amenities were very helpful with dishes/cutlery, a sink and toaster oven provided.
Free breakfast is offered from 7-10 am which I didn't have a chance to try but speaking as a local, Cayman is very expensive and I would take advantage of this, if you are staying 3+ days this can easily save you 200$ (depending where you planned to eat and the size of your party).
The pool is expected for what you are paying, but obviously still lovely, and Stingers is great with cost effective food that even locals stop by to have lunch for.
I'm not sure why the hotel doesn't have more current reviews, but I urge you to take advantage of this deal as the money you save will help benefit the rest of your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with someone you know. The hotel enjoys an excellent location beachside in the heart of Seven Mile Beach area close to restaurants, bars and shopping and with breakfast and basic wi-fi access included offering excellent value to the traveller on Seven Mile Beach. While not a beachfront property guests access the beach by a small path a few feet from the back door. The hotel offers 5 suite types: 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom with efficiency kitchen as well as Business Pool View King Studios, Deluxe Studio with 2 beds and Queen Studios each with mini-fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee pot are ideal for any size of family and budget. Onsite Restaurant and Dive Shop with snorkel trips to Stingray City offers convenience at your door step. Best location, best value on Seven Mile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites 7 Mile Beach
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands