“A great vacation”

Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just returned from a 10 day stay at the Comfort Suites. The hotel and staff were great and made our stay so much fun. The hotel is in a great location on seven mile beach, close to a lot of restaurants and other beaches. The breakfast was very good and there was always plenty of food. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great vacation!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ZobieUtah
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Zobie Utah - Thank you for your review. On behalf of the whole team we are so glad that you enjoyed your holiday and stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and this will be reviewed at our next team meeting.
Hope to see you back on our island sometime soon in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful two weeks at the Comfort Suites. The hotel is well named, it is informal with comfort high on the priority list, the staff and management go out of their way to make your holiday special, and the manager is ever present to make sure that all is going well. Yes, there are more fancy hotels with balconies on Grand Cayman but with a fancy price tag to match. If money is no object and dressing up and making an impression is important to you than comfort and genuine hospitality, then you would probably be better suited elsewhere.
Our findings:
Room – very clean and bright, (if a little dated, vacant rooms were being updated discreetly while we were there,) towels renewed daily, rooms cleaned daily, beds very clean and comfortable, efficient air conditioning, we were not used to the slight running noise , but after a couple of days we didn’t notice it at all. Views from rooms not exceptional, but hey, who cares as we spent few daylight hours there, who would with beautiful Grand Cayman and all it has to offer outside.
Grounds - pretty and immaculate, pool and Jacuzzi clean, water nice temperature, the pool was partially shaded mid-afternoon which was a big bonus for us after the heat of the morning. Beach towels were provided and could be changed at any time, drinks and food available on site at Stingers. Car Parking free. Good position, a few steps down sandy lane to fantastic seven mile beach, turquoise sea , golden sand, snorkelling, lots of fish, sunbeds and a good book……heaven. Incidentally we had no trouble obtaining a lounger for the beach and there were always plenty around the pool. Red sail sports operate from outside the Marriot next door with water bikes, canoes, jet skis and banana boat rides.
Staff – EXCEPTIONAL, nothing too much trouble, toiletries forgotten were produced with a smile without charge, even a short power cut, which happened at a most inconvenient time, breakfast, did not throw them, the staff and manager pulled together and produced a very nice breakfast for the guests, even though the pressures must have been immense with the computers down and manual checking in and out in operation. All the staff were so helpful, from the groundsmen and maids upwards, constantly courteous and smiling, it was impossible to single one out so well done all.
Food The best value is the complimentary breakfast provided by the hotel which is included in the room rate. Unlimited tea, coffee, fruit juice, milk cereals, fresh fruit, waffles, cakes, eggs scrambled or hard boiled, beans, fried potatoes, bagels , toast, jam and yogurt , served in a relaxing, laid-back happy atmosphere in the breakfast room, outside on the patio or if preferred taken to your room or delivered by room service. Hours 7 – 10, but was often open earlier and/or later. We were more than happy with the breakfast in the hotel so did not try elsewhere. If you are renting a car the supermarkets have nice take away menus, hot dishes or cold salads which are very reasonable. Kirks 5 mins by car 20 minutes walk or Fosters Food Fair. Coconut Joe’s just over the road from the hotel is well worth a visit, 2 for 1 cocktails not to be missed!. There is no shortage of very nice places to eat, mostly expensive as everything is imported onto the island.
Our experience with AMBASSADOR DIVERS was not one we would like to repeat, the only downside of the holiday. We booked our grandchildren aged 14 and 16 for a two dive introduction dive at the cost of $400.00, which included equipment, however, they both had their own masks. In the pool instruction
my granddaughter was told her mask was too large for her face, but no substitute was offered, consequently when she went out on the dive her mask continually filled with water, had she not been a proficient swimmer (swimming club 6 years) this could have been highly dangerous, also when we booked we requested they be given vests, even though they might not need them, but no vests were given and that day the water temperature dropped. Even the instructor said he was cold and he had the right equipment, we had read great things about Ambassador, and trusted them to look after our novices, and in our case they failed to do so. We think if you are a diver and know what you require they are quite good, but if you have inexperienced children and they are going out with them alone, don’t risk it is our advice. It is the instructor’s job to see that they have the correct gear and that it fits, if they haven’t dived before how would they know? We were bitterly disappointed that they put our grandchildren off the sport with an uncomfortable dive, but were only accused of complaining because we wanted a refund, the money was all they cared about. Be warned.
The best experience on the island is without doubt the stingrays, We hired the Volare II with Seven Seas Charters and did the tour with Shaun and his beautiful daughter Whitney. The vessel takes four or five passengers and you get a really personal service. Shaun was born on Grand Cayman and answered all our questions and offered information that we hadn’t thought to ask. He is so knowledgeable. We had the best four hours ever and if you are a family or group of 4 or 5, the charge is very competitive for the exclusive attention of Shaun who knows the north sound like the back of his hand. Highly recommended for young and old alike, you will be well looked after.
We cannot wait for our next visit to Grand Cayman and would not stay anywhere but Comfort Suites, Thank you so much for so many memories of paradise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank wingars
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

To the Wingars,
It was a pleasure to meet you all. Thank you for coming and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Sorry to hear about the Ambassador dive experience, this is not the usual from our dive masters. I will speak with Jason the owner today and if you could send me an email to comfort@candw.ky I will pass this on to him and ask that he follows up with this and also gets back to you, he will be disapointed to hear this.
Your feedback will be shared with all the team, Martin and Lynette in particular. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us on your well earned family vacation.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is really good, close to everything, the people is amazin and the breakfast is really good. The pool area is very clean and relax. I satay in some many hotels in Cayman and this hotel is excellent option.

Thanks

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Juan C

Dear Juan C
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Travelling with our 11 and 15 year old boys, my husband and I like to book two bedroom options if we can. We decided we didn't need a luxury hotel as it would be lost on them anyway. The Comfort Suites had good ratings as a nice, budget-friendly option, so we went for it. It was really ideal.

Immaculately clean and comfortable, what really distinguished it was the intimate feel and very friendly staff. Always courteous, they greeted us as if we were long time friends every time we passed by. Lynette at the front desk was always friendly, patient and helpful. The included breakfast was really great. Freshly scrambled eggs constantly being replenished from small batches ( so you didn't get the mush intended to last for two hours) with home fries or bacon. There was always fresh fruit and pastries delivered fresh every morning from a local bakery along with make your own waffles, cereal and yogurt. The all important coffee was freshly brewed and very good. What made breakfast such a nice start to every day was Martin, who cooked and managed the buffet. He was so friendly, personable and professional. He really went out of his way to make us feel at home. I really don't think we would have found that atmosphere at the Marriott or Westin, though they would have been a bit more upscale. While I'm used to staying at that level hotel, I really didn't miss anything.

The first night when we wanted to make dinner reservations, my husband said "why don't you just check with the concierge?". I replied that we weren't at the Marriott and Comfort Suites didn't have a concierge. Well, tell that to Lynette who graciously made our reservation, no questions asked.

While they are technically not beach front, their walkway to the beach is no farther than any beachfront hotel. Their pool is very nice, clean and a good size. Stingers, the poolside bar and grill was equally friendly and the food and drinks were both good and reasonably priced by island standards.

I have no regrets about our choice of accommodation and would highly recommend it for any family looking for nice, but not luxurious accommodations on Seven Mile Beach. The only thing I would have liked that they did not offer was a balcony, but we were right around the corner from the pool deck, so it wasn't a big deal.

The Warner family sends a big thanks to the staff and management of the Comfort Suites for such an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Debbie W
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear BtlBoyz

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and we are glad that the boys enjoyed themselves. I will pass on your comments to all my team, sincerely, thank you for choosing to bring your family to stay with us and perhaps we may see you all back sometime again in the future.

Thomas Mason CHA.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort suites at the end of June 2012, My wife and I were there for 5 days. I was worried about the stay at first, we had a "interesting" check in. We arrived at Noon, check in was not until 3:00. We were told that our romm was not ready yet and to come back in an hour, so we went out to the pool area and had lunch at Stingers, Really good food and friendly staff. At 1:15 or so went back to check in, room still not ready, no biggie, put on swim wear and went to the pool, very nice, warm water lots of Iguana's, so don't be surprised. Went back around 2:45, still not ready. At this point I was pretty tired, we had been up since 3:30 am and all I wanted to do was lay down in a bed. I actually heard what room number we had been assigned and went to see what the situation was, it wasn't ready. Finally around 3:30 our room was ready. It took a while and I understand that check in isnt till 3:00, but don't keep telling me come back in an hour, thirty minutes, ten minutes.
Other than that, we enjoyed the hotel, very nice employees, the breakfast in the AM is more than adequate to fuel up for your day. Short walk to Seven mile beach, Hopefully by the time you get there, some of the beach will have returned.
You do need to take a cab or rent a car to get into George town, I thiink it was around 10 or 12 Cayman.
Our room was a one bedroom suite, I think it had not been remolded yet, but it was clean and we never heard any noise from other rooms.
Would I stay here again,
Yes, with out any hesitation.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor so that may have helped elimate any other room noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ranger_mo_2000
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Ranger Mo 2000
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the delay with your room on arrival, we have been running close to full even in this slower period and occassionally it can be a challenge to get the rooms ready for the 3pm check in. We try and get this done as fast as we can, (hence the request to check back). The folks checking out of the rooms go back on the planes that brought you in, and they all want to stay as long as they can on our beautiful island! - we are sorry for this and assure you we do all we can to get everyone checked in as soon as we can. Thank you again for coming I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

There are no "cheap" places on Grand Cayman. If you don't have the budget for the Westin, Comfort Suites is your choice. I am a Cayman veteran, as I own property on Little Cayman and I often stop over on Grand for a night or two. I've stayed at Comfort Suites many times. The staff is very accommodating, the rooms are clean and spacious with a kitchenette that is enormously helpful if you are trying to save money. It's not on the beach, but the beach is a short, pleasant walk up a shaded path. (You may want to bring a foldable blanket as there are no chairs for CS guests.) The pool is in a nicely landscaped garden with a poolside bar frequented by locals (which means the prices are reasonable). I was most recently here in 2011 but the stay I will always remember was in 2008 when a hurricane was bearing down on the islands. I flew my son and I over from Little Cayman as I did not want to pass the storm in my isolated house on the smaller island. I made an online reservation which as it turns out the system should not have let me make. The hotel did not intend to accept any more guests but when we turned up in their lobby they gave us a room. They warned the guests to stock up on water and batteries, and sure enough the power went out. The staff went above and beyond to keep everyone as comfortable and safe as possible.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie M
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Julie M
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel we appreciate your feedback. We are glad that we could assist a neighbour from Little Cayman. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Having just returned from a week long stay at Grand Cayman's Comfort Suites on Seven Mile Beach, my recollection is fresh and writing this review is bringing back very pleasant memories. What's not to enjoy about Grand Cayman, an excellent island choice, particularly for Caribbean first timers. Inviting beaches, clean, friendly, English speaking, easy to get around, casual to upscale dining and snorkeling reefs close to shore and shore or boat excursion diving at its best. How to make it better . . . a stay at the Comfort Suites. Wonderful, can't say enough good things about the experience. Sweet! You'd be foolish to stay elsewhere. I stayed in a two bedroom / two bathroom suite which was perfect for my wife and I and our two 14 year old girls. Perfection was made better with the bedrooms being separated by a living room and kitchnette area. Granite counter top, a large vacation fridge, microwave, stove, oven and sink. If I needed any, they were there but with breakfast included the appliances weren't touched. A very clean and sanitary room kept so by an attentive and accommodating staff. Good AC, inviting beds, crisp linens, plenty of hangers, easy (although unnecessary) to use room safe, soft towels, clean bathroom. Front desk staff acted as if they were your best friends with each day's "Good Morning" or "How can I help you?" . . . and they did. A good pool but with the sea being a mere 75 steps down a wide, well maintained sandy path to the beach, fresh water wading was neglected. (Although I did love the fact that the depth at one end was deep enough to dive into, a rarity these days.) Ambassador Dive Shop on site transported us to the boats to dive, snorkel or take in Sting Ray City (a MUST for any visitor) and Andy's Car Rental right across the street made a day's rental so easy and economical, too. Also across the street are Coconut Joe's and Agua Beach for casual dining or The Wharf or Agua's excellent fare can be reached by taking a short evening stroll. The hotel was safe and secure and truly if there is to be a poster child for "comfort" it would have to be Grand Cayman's Comfort Suites on Seven Mile Beach. Excellent in every way especially if your hard earned dollars are to be well spent. A sweet deal on these suites.

Room Tip: There is such a wide variety of rooms from which to choose use the hotel website's room descript...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Charles R
CaymanComfortSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Charles R - Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to review the property and we are glad that you and the girls enjoyed your stay. Your comments and feedback will be reviewed with and greatly appreciated by my whole team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#6 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach? Share your experiences!