We had a wonderful time at the Caribbean Club in March 2013. Flew down for a week and stayed in one of the high suites. It was just myself, wife and son and we had plenty of room - wished our daughter, her husband and child could have been there. Three very large nice bedrooms, three baths, large well appointed kitchen, dining room and living room. All were furnished tastefully with high end furniture. Huge deck, again beautifully furnished including an outdoor dining table and a stunning view west to the sunset.
We have traveled a lot in the Caribbean and stayed at many high end resorts. The Caribbean Club ranked right up with the best. Close to the beach, really nice pool, uncluttered, beautiful (the beach in front of the Ritz is so busy it is scary...). Everything was perfect. There is a great italian restaurant - Luca - on the first floor. We loved it, and the staff, and ended up having 4 of 7 dinners there (all but one delivered to our suite). They have an incredible Sunday brunch and at all times a very eclectic, including locals, set of customers.
The Club staff were all just great. Danielle and all were most helpful. No issues at all. They set up a great snorkel trip (Cpt Marvin) and helped us rent a car for a couple of days and we had our own parking spot in the basement. Very nice.
We did not have any issues with umbrellas and the like. There are plenty of trees at the beach for shade and not all that crowded. We had a couple of low key weddings which were charming and not a problem at all. A big wedding might be a problem (we are not fans of drunken wedding parties singing YMCA...), but the Club seemed to quiet down very early. We were several floors above Luca and never had a noise issue. Tip - give Hemingway a pass. Very nice restaurants on the north coast and taxis are so expensive it pays to rent a car...
In sum, we arrived a little sceptical of all the positive reviews and left absolutely loving the place and people. It is a real five star place to stay in our opinion. We are definitely going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean Club is a luxury hotel offering 1-3 bedroom villas and suites located in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. Each suite has a large living room with full equipped gourmet kitchen and a beautiful balcony furnished with dining table and lounge chairs overlooking Seven Mile Beach. The oceanfront villas built directly on to the white sand of Seven Mile Beach offer wrap around patios with direct walk-out on to the beach or breathtaking views. Beach service, lunch and dinner is served by LUCA, our onsite restaurant. We will cater to your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Caribbean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Caribbean Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands