“Top Notch In Every Way”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Miami
“Top Notch In Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed at the Caribbean Club while on a business trip to Grand Cayman. I have been to the Cayman Islands many times and without a doubt the Caribbean Club excels over any other property in the Cayman Islands in service, location, and room amenities. The spacious three bedroom villa room is ideal for small or large groups, and you won't find a nicer room on the island. The caribbean club staff is top notch. They arranged a private boat charter and transportation for us on our free day. Whenever I travel to Grand Cayman in the future, this will be my resort of choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Bill L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

First time in the cayman islands. We went for my parents 50th wedding anniversary.
Amazing room great beach and pool. Loved the oceanfront villas. Was not impressed with Danielle. It took her weeks to get back to us. Didn't seem to care too much if you booked or not.
My mom needed a wheel chair ,which we payed extra for. It looked like it was from the movie the changeling . I was surprised she did not introduce herself to us or as how are vacation was.
Great place but they need someone who has better customer service skills.
Tried to book again but have not received a response.
I think I will try the Tuscany Turks and Caicos.
For a $1000 dollars a night I expect to have good if not great service.
Maybe if you are having a wedding and are spending much more money she would be interested.

Room Tip: Oceanfront villas are amazing. I would recommend top floor. Tower rooms doors face the highway.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank TorontoSpagirl
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

My daughter was married on the beach at Caribbean Club, and most of our family and friends stayed there for the whole wedding weekend, beginning on Wednesday. Everything was perfect; Danielle (the manager) is one of the most lovely people I've ever met; she took care of everything for our whole group. The reception was in and on the patio of Luca, the wonderful restaurant there, with cocktails on the lawn. Laura at the restaurant was also lovely and really did a fabulous job. It threatened rain the whole time, but the whole staff helped plan for any alternative. All of us absolutely loved everything about our experience. The children, adults, couples, bride, groom, parents,etc all felt like we were in our own private paradise. Love, Love, Love it!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AdeleFortWorth
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I have been meaning to write this review for months and this place was so spectacular that I wanted to make sure to finally do it. The beach front here is just amazing. You will have clear and calm water with a snorkel reef right outside your door! We tried other places that the books recommend and trust me, the reef at the Caribbean Club is best! The rooms are ideal for large groups or families and will have everything you need. They are very luxurious with modern amenities so it will truly feel relaxing. Staff is wonderful as well and you can't beat the location. There is a supermarket right across the street to get everything you need.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank WanderLust513
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I booked the Caribbean Club for a 40th birthday celebration and was amazed at the service, rooms and overall experience (this is coming from a very picky new yorker!)
Danielle helped us to plan the perfect trip - from private dinners on the beach to tours of stingray city with the best guides. Our villa was steps from the ocean and wonderfully designed. Given we were a large group, I expected there to be some mis-steps w/dinners, transportation, etc. - but everything was perfect.

Stop reading and book now, because this place is absolutely incredible! I can not wait to return.

Room Tip: We had rooms and several locations and all were wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rusty J
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Caribbean Club is an amazing place! It will NOT disappoint! We loved the direct beach access (literally steps from our sliding patio doors), the luxe decor and amenities of our villa, and the perfect water Ive ever been in! I highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Song P
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

My family and I recently spent a week at the Caribbean Club and had a lovely time. The CC arranged for a taxi from the airport and it was roughly $30 USD and super easy. The location of the hotel is perfect, within walking distance to grocery shopping, dining and activities. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, immaculately clean and the snorkeling is fantastic. For the majority of our stay, we had the beach to ourselves. Common areas of the club are well kept and trendy. For the most part, the staff is competent and always friendly. We dined at Luca and it was delicious! The service was fantastic and the food was perfectly timed and cooked. I peeked in at the Sunday brunch and it looked fantastic as well.

We did have a number of issues during our stay, however. In and of themselves – the complaints are inconsequential yet when added together indicate a lack of facility maintenance, which was disturbing given the CC’s reputation. I had arranged for a high chair to be in our room ahead of time however, I had to place three calls to the front desk, over a two day period, in order to get one delivered. Our kitchen was woefully under stocked with basic cooking items (pans, tongs, food containers and wine glasses), the oven took (literally) one hour to heat to 350, the dishwasher did not properly clean and the ice maker was broken. In the queen suite, the main door knob and all bathroom fixtures (faucets, TP holder, towel racks) were loose or coming off the hinges and the temperature in the room was easily 10 degrees colder than the rest of the flat. There was a significant ant problem on the deck (which is gorgeous, by the way) which made eating outdoors or lounging on the super comfy furniture impossible. The wireless internet was sporadic, at best, and the audio and visual on the television needed calibration. Most importantly, there was black mold in the showers in both the king suite and the children’s bath that could not be removed by housekeeping. After a number of days, I requested to see a similar unit and I was happy to learn that the issues we faced in unit 302 (the mold, poorly maintained hardware) were in fact unit specific. We also took advantage of the concierge grocery service, however I would not recommend doing so. Many of the items I requested were incorrect and the fruit had to be thrown out the day we arrived. Upon check out, our bill was incorrect for the number of nights as well as the quoted rate.

Even with all of the above said, we will stay there again and I would recommend the Caribbean Club to my friends and family. With this caveat: don’t use the grocery service, bring your own wifi hotspot and speak up. No matter how small or insignificantly irritating an issue is, for almost $1,000 USD per night, it should be perfect. And from my personal experience, the staff is more than willing to help make it so. Bottom line: I think they simply dropped the ball in our unit. I’m hopeful this feedback will encourage a more thorough reconciliation process and communication of unit details moving forward.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family