“A Perfect Small Boutique Hotel Experience”
Review of Caribbean Club

Caribbean Club
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
st louis. mo
“A Perfect Small Boutique Hotel Experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We just returned last night from eight nights at the Caribbean Club. As a meeting planner for Fortune 500 companies I have the opportunity to stay in five star hotels all over the world. To achieve an excellent rating from me is very hard. I am extremely picky and difficult to please. The hotel rooms are amazing and the views are wondeful. We stayed on the second floor and then on the seventh. In terms of noise levels, there was a wedding one night when we were on the second floor. I am a very, very light sleeper and thought the music might bother me...but I slept like a baby. The units are extremely well soundproofed inside. If you need a very very quiet unit and plan to spend 80% of your time outside especially at night just request a higher level. We were out at night and early in the mornings every day and other than the one wedding it was silent. FYI I usually prefer to be as high up as possible but my entire family enjoyed the second floor the most!
The staff was wonderful and the location can not be beat. Because of the Carib. Club and the great experience we had I actually slightly teared up twice upon leaving the island b/c I just could not handle leaving that hotel!!!
One last note-my main goal in choosing a hotel for my kids and hubby was a place that was "easy" in terms of navigating the pool and beach as my kids like to go back and forth. This hotel has everything laid out so perfectly that it makes our days at the beach easy. Saving and planning for my next visit starting today!!!

6 Thank beaches4meStLouis_Mo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We held our wedding at the Caribbean Club and our reception at Luca, and we really couldn't be happier with either choice. We stayed about a week, and our small group consisted of couples, singles, adults, and children, and it was perfect for everyone. The units are beautiful and incredibly spacious including huge balconies unlike any we've seen. It sits on the best stretch of Seven Mile Beach and is in a super convenient location. All of the employees we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. The couple times we called about very minor things, they were addressed and fixed immediately. The Caribbean Club impressed even the most well traveled members of our group, and everyone told us we could not have picked a better place. I really can't say enough good things... We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Pool View/Oceanfront are great for kids!
2 Thank Elizabeth12317
Orange County, CA
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We chose the Caribbean Club because of the excellent reviews. We were not disappointed! This is a fabulous place, very clean, classy yet unpretentious, spacious apartments which are nicely decorated, uncrowded, and a fantastic manager, Danielle, who really wants her guests to enjoy their stay and is always available and willing to be helpful. The balconies are large with lots of comfortable seating and a gorgeous view. We really didn't want to leave. If you are undecided, just go for it ~ you won't be disappointed!

2 Thank Jackiepop
Nebraska
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This was a tough place to evaluate and I feel bad for giving it only 3 stars, but for the overall experience I had, it is a fair rating. I will do my best to explain.

This was my 3rd trip to Grand Cayman in 2 years. During my last visit (May 2010) my wife and I walked up the beach to the Caribbean Club I asked to see a room. I was shown several and was awestruck. The rooms at the Caribbean Club are incredible. 5 stars for certain. I thought it would be perfect for family and we decided to stay here in June 2011.

THE ROOMS:

The rooms are beautiful. 3 bedroom, 4 bath, wonderful fixtures, appliances, bedding, and everything in clean working order.

THE STAFF:

“Harmony” and “Sophia” were the two most often at the front desk when I passed by and are great. Very friendly and helpful. If you need anything, they will arrange it for you (cabs, dinner reservations, umbrellas, etc.). Also, the housekeeping staff are wonderful. “Pearl” who did the turndown service in the evenings was a nice lady as were the others who cleaned the room daily. The location is also perfect – on a wide expanse of 7-mile beach – directly across from Foster’s Food Fair, a large supermarket with great grocery selection. I pre-ordered groceries from Sophia and they were in our room when we arrived on Sunday which is great since the stores are closed on Sundays.

THE POOL:

Very nice and cleaned daily – infinity style pool with great view of the beach. 3 – 7 feet deep (sign says 6 – it is closer to 7). Cleaned daily. A bit warm – I dipped my toes into a few other pools and this one was warmer than several others – about like tepid bathwater – best in the early morning. No closing hours - only “quiet hours” after 9:00 pm.

THE BEACH:

Great – low surf as with most all of 7-mile beach – decent snorkeling (not as good as between the Sovereign and the Marriott), but pretty good considering a sandy beach.

THE PARTIES/NOISE:

The parties and noise at this hotel were very disruptive. The worse part about it is that they were organized/sanctioned by the hotel as opposed to by the guests. We checked in on a Sunday and stayed for one week. There were late-night parties Thursday (wedding/reception - until 1:00 am), Friday (private fundraiser for Cayman Olympic Team until at least 11:00) and Saturday (wedding/reception until at least 10:30). We were in a 3rd-floor villa – these face each other on opposite sides on the pool/courtyard area. The hotel tower is makes up the horseshoe shape size of this property with the beach being the 4th “side”. The parties take place in the yard between the pool and the restaurant (which is the first floor of the main tower). You can hear everything in your rooms. I had my mother (65 years old) and two children (ages 9 and 12). After a day at the beach and sun, we pooped out early . . . most nights by 8:00 or 9:00. The noise kept me from sleeping and woke up my kids several times on two of the three nights. I don’t have a problem with people getting married and I understand wedding receptions are loud – but I try not to stay at hotels that have these parties – I want vacation for peace and relaxation – the Caribbean Club is not a place where that can occur with any guarantee. I enjoyed sitting out on the huge balcony to watch the boats in the evening and enjoy the sound of the surf – for 3 days that was ruined by the noise of party music and other noise. I did think that the Cayman Olympic fundraiser sounded neat and asked if there was anything I could purchase (hat, shirt??) and was told it was private. Apparently marketing to events is more important to this hotel than the privacy and enjoyment of their guests. Too bad because as I note above – in all respects, this is a beautiful place.

Also, on Wednesday, they were retiling the floor in the unit below us. About 2600 square feet of 18” tile being pounded up one afternoon. I was trying to nap. Again, I understand those things have to be done, but when I called and spoke to Danielle at the front desk and asked in there was a unit available that I could lay down for a nap, I was told instead she would ask the workers to stop. She also said she would get back to me right away. Well, the pounding continued for another half hour, then a man (one of the workers) came up to apologize for the noise and that it would not be much longer until they were finished. I never heard a word again from Danielle. I can’t fault the workers – they were doing their job. What I do not understand is why they would not let me lay on a bed or couch somewhere for a couple of hours to sleep. Instead I got a promise to have the workers stop – which did not occur – a circumstance that is unacceptable at a hotel of this caliber.

The parties were catered by the restaurant (Luca) and it was closed the last 3 days of our visit. We were not told this when booking and we were not told this when we checked in. That too is not reasonable to expect of a hotel of this caliber. A decent hotel should tell you when you check in that the restaurant is going to be closed on certain nights so you could plan accordingly.

I plan to continue coming to Cayman annually but would not stay here again based on the above. The first half of the trip was great – the second half awful – overall that equals average – and I think that is being generous. There are other nice places I checked out while staying here – email me and I can provide a list of them.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
38 Thank Jason G
caymanbeachgirl, Manager at Caribbean Club, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
First I like to thank you for taking the time to write a Tripadvisor revue, we always appreciate the feedback.

As you said it was a really busy week at LUCA having 2 weddings and the fundraiser for the Cayman Olympic Teams, which admittedly was very busy and noisy. Even though it is very unusual for us to have such events as the Olympic Committee fundraiser for the Cayman Islands at times we try to giving back to the community by extending our facility. I am really sorry that this impacted the quality of your vacation as our goal is for each guest to have a very relaxing time with us and to go home refreshed.

As soon as I received your call in regards to the retiling noise, I went to speak to the workers and ask them to stop in order for you to rest. I agree that I should have picked up the phone to call you to let you know that I spoke to them, which I usually would have done, not sure how I got side tracked. I apologize. I would have loved to extend you a different suite for a nap, since we were fully booked I didn't have this option at the time, that's why I ask them to stop the work right away.

Thank you once more for sharing your experience with others and we hope that you will reconsider the Caribbean Club for you next Cayman vacation. As a suggestion, one of our upper floor Tower suites or an Oceanfront Villa may be more suitable, since they are always very quiet.

Again, I am sorry and apologize for the noise.
With kind regards,
Danielle Wolfe
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I frequently use Trip Advisors when planning our next vacation. We have been to Grand Cayman years ago and stayed at the old Hyatt. When first looking into this trip, we looked at 2 rooms at the Ritz. After seeing our huge 3 bedroom accommodations and walking down to the very busy and very crowded Ritz, I could not be more pleased with our decision.

I have read many if not all of the reviews on the Caribbean Club and all are accurate in terms to the size and décor of the accommodations. One thing not highlighted in other reviews that we appreciated was the extra large balcony. The balcony was large enough for two sitting areas and a table for 8 people. We had dinner there the first night and watched a great sunset. The snorkeling right off the beach (to the right of the property) was also really nice for the kids as the beach is really calm in this area and there were a surprising amount of fish.

Some of the activities we did and liked were Captain Dexter’s String Ray tour, golf at Britannia and horseback ride and swim with Spirit of the West. One of the best vacations we have been on. We will definitely go back soon and definitely stay at the Caribbean Club.

3 Thank PParry
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2011

They have the perfect location. They are right in the middle of Seven Mile Island. The grocery store is right across the street as well as a Tortuga Rum store. The staff, for the most part, is really friendly and helpful. The manager, Danielle, really wants her guests to have a great time. The condos are first class! I definitely want to go back and SOON!!!

1 Thank JEC1960
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Danielle & Brett, and the crew that they direct make staying at the nicest place on 7 Mile Beach incomparable. There are bigger places to stay in Grand Cayman, but after visiting the island and trying most everywhere over the last 18 years, Caribbean Club is without question the BEST! Is it expensive, yes, is it worth every penny, no doubt about it. I have friends that stay at some of the other expensive alternatives, and after you see what they get for the money, Caribbean Club is a Bargain. Super clean, super safe, the best location, you will not want to leave. Make certain you have the Sunday Brunch at LUCA the restaurant on property, it's one of the best anywhere in the world.. ( That's also nice to have steps away for a drink or meal that's excellent) Thank you again for another wonderful week at the CC. I look forward to seeing you soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends