Sunshine Suites Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Beachfront
Caribbean Club(Seven Mile Beach)
View Hotel
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
View Hotel
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
1,868 results
All reviewsthe grillacross the streetbeach chairsfish tacosyogurtgrand caymanwestin hotelcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggssmall kitchenliquor storestove topsister propertyminute walkon site restaurantfull size fridgestrip mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2013

For our honeymoon, my wife and I chose the Cayman Islands. While both of us love 5 star resorts, we still love going for bargains that are great places to stay, that way we can spend money more on what we want to spend on, sightseeing, eating out, enjoying our vacation, etc. So I booked Sunshine Suites over other resorts in the area due to price, and after reading reviews on here. And boy were we both greatly satisfied with our stay.

Once again, this is not a 5 star resort in anyway, so if your looking for that, go spend the extra 200 per night at the nearby ones. But if your looking for a great stay, this is a great place for the money, and I would stay here again without question.

Room - (1 bedroom suite ) was more than accommodating for us. The bed was very comfortable and the sleep quality was awesome. There was a full kitchen, which was also a plus when we ate out and had leftovers, didnt have to throw them away, but could keep them in our fridge that was in the room.

Service - The staff was just amazing. First, after I notified them it was our honeymoon, a bottle of wine was placed in our room complimentary and my wife and I were able to enjoy it one of our nights. Staff was Helpful and ready to assist in any way. Any questions we had were answered with a smile, and the front desk was more than helpful when we had questions about places to eat, or a place with live music. One of the little things that I truly liked, but never noticed before when staying at other hotels, was the housekeeping knock. In most hotels, they knock, say 'housekeeping', and immediately stick their card in the door, and open the door within a few seconds. Here, they would knock, give you a chance to open the door, and then ask if you needed housekeeping. I know I know, very small detail, but loved that fact that housekeeping didnt just barge in, only to be stopped by a door latch. Free breakfast was more than satisfying (small continental), or if you wanted a 'hot' breakfast, it was offered in the Sunshine Grill (which I will review in another post)

Location - Great location, a very short walk (id say about 100-150 yards) to the beach, very close to a few restaurants. Very close to CostULess, and about a 10 minute walk to Fosters Food Store. And of course, taxis easily called for from front desk for anything farther.

The only two downsides of the stay, which were very veryminor... 1. Front door and/or window could not keep noise out in the morning. Never a problem at night, but when trying to sleep in, you could hear people if they were talking as they walked by your door. 2. While beach chairs were readily available for all guests to take to the beach, the beach umbrellas were short in supply... which, for me was no problem, but my wife ended up buying a beach hat, so not a big issue... like i said, two very very minor downsides in what was a very amazing stay.

All in all, a great stay, with a great value. I would not hesitate at all to stay here again. If your looking for a great value, and would rather spend money exploring the island (like I wanted to), this is a great stay.

2  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'm giving a rating of five based on value. No it's not the Ritz nor a luxury condo on seven mile beach. However, for the money you spend and how it is represented on its website, it's a five.

Rooms were exceptionally quiet. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The maintenance staff were efficient and timely (air conditioner was not working when I entered the room and a fix-up man was there pronto and fixed the problem). And later in the week, the thermostat went on the fritz and again fix-up man was right there, diagnosed the problem, and replaced the thermostat quickly. These were ordinary problems but the favorable impression I got was the timely response and fixing the problem quickly.

The room was clean, and the housekeeping staff was efficient. (One improvement that they could make as well as just about every other hotel is offering time blocks that you could choose as to when the room would be cleaned--I guess I could have requested this at the front desk).

Sunshine Grill, on premises, have the best hamburgers -- and I've eaten a lot of hamburgers in my life.

Of course, one reason the cost is low (by Cayman standards) is that the hotel is not located on the beach. You need to cross the street, and walk by the right of way near the Westin Hotel. And it's a shame that the Westin "stores" equipment next to their building making for a walk that isn't the prettiest (Westin clean this up--it's a reflection on your reputation).

And really nice (unlike a lot of hotels) to have a stove, a microwave, and a refrigerator in the room helps to avoid some restaurant expenses.

Would definitely stay again if I wanted to save some money.

Room Tip: First floor worked out well. However, keep the shades drawn.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We visited the Caymans for a week at the end of October/early November and stayed at the Sunshine Suites. The staff were excellent - always polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and tidy although a little on the small side, and a family suite would not have been my way of describing it as we had a teenage son and daughter with us ....and there were two double beds!! there were only two chairs for the dining table too. The area is great for access to all parts, the beach is just a couple of minutes walk away, there are restaurants in the immediate vicinity and anyone who wants to self cater can get everything that they need in the nearby mall. There was plenty of clean fresh towels, the pool was regularly cleaned and the grab and go breakfast was fresh and acceptable.
All in all a very pleasant and amienable place to stay
Thank you Sunshine Suites...we would happily recommend you
Clive & Mannetta

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and got a great rate. Although we were sad to not have a beach view, or any view other than the parking lot, the beach access was conveniently right across the street. A large grocery store was a short walk away and the kitchenette was perfect for storing drinks and snacks in our room. We tried the trendy sushi place (Yoshi?) in the shopping strip right by the hotel and it was great. The front desk staff was very nice and helped us book an amazing Stingray City trip with their recommended service, Captain Dexter of "Fantasea Tours." I agree with others that the included breakfast was not good. However, we did have a fantastic dinner at the on-site restaurant. The hotel room was large and clean, but with only that one window looking at the parking lot, it felt a little enclosed and not very "island paradise" in there. The hotel offers complimentary towels, chairs, and umbrellas for the beach... but make sure you get the chairs/umbrellas as early as possible, because they do run out. Overall, a great hotel for a budget vacation!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I love to cook our own food and feel at home during our stay. Sunshine suites is a great place to offer such service, room and hospitality. The room has its own kitchen, cookware, dinner set and a big fridge. The grocery store is in 5min walking distance. We enjoyed a variety of home cooking during our stay. The room rate and the food expense saved us a lot compared to other hotels on 7 mile beach. The West bay bus stop is right at the entrance of the hotel and brings you to major area for fun. The partner businesses are relative cheap and provide superior services. The front desk staff are very helpful, patient, and planned the entire trip for us. We stayed at Westin across the street as well. Every service in Westin needs money. The partner business red sail sports is pretty expensive. Westin is a hotel designed to let you spend money, but not sunshine suites. I probably saved $1500 for my one week stay at sunshine compared to Westin across the street. I will highly recommend!