This was our second trip to Grand Cayman, but first time to Sunshine Suites. We had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and felt this was the best deal for our stay. It completely lived up to everything good we had read.
Upon arriving, our room was not ready but they were quick to offer us bottles of water, a very nice changing room with shower to change if we wanted to use the pool or head to the beach. They gave us towels and held our luggage while we explored the place and the beach.
The beach is a short (seriously 3 minutes or so) walk from the hotel and crossing the street was no hassle at all. We had no issues with where we set up our chairs each day - even on the Westin property at times under their trees for some shade. We never had any issues with this at all.
We had no issue with the wifi and were able to use it through out each day. The staff was always really helpful and kind.
The rooms were quaint and completely sufficient for our stay. We knew we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room and just wanted something clean and cool and comfortable. This was all those things. Our room was on the second floor and the back side facing West Bay Road side and was quiet. The kitchenette was also convenient. We walked to a nearby grocery store (Foster's Food Fair about a 10 minute walk) and got things to make lunches in the room since that worked best for our stay.
We were very happy with the complimentary breakfast (served by Sunshine Grill) - it was a combination of hot foods (french toast, eggs, etc) and cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, muffins and toast. Plus juice and coffee. It was great and actually more food than we were expecting.
The pool is great and the grounds are very nice to sit and relax either in the chairs or hammocks. We couldn't be happier with our choice to stay here. It was everything we expected it to be and a really great deal.
A few things to note - there is no elevator, so be sure to ask for a ground level room if that is an issue. It is not beach front - this is not an issue at all because you have beach access but for some this may be an issue.
We would highly recommend Sunshine Suites!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands