This property is a great place for your stay in Grand Cayman. It represents a very sensible choice for both a vacation or work, as it offers good value for money. In this review I will briefly go over location, rooms and service in turn.
Location is perfect, just across the street from one of the nicest sections of Seven Mile beach. Walking to the beach will take you about 5 minutes, and the hotel provides beach chairs and towels which you can take with you. Unless you have small kids or are really lazy, this is a great way to enjoy the beach. You cannot have the resort experience, with waiters serving you frozen $20 pina coladas on the beach, but for that there is the Ritz across the street. The pool of the hotel is ok, but I honestly did not care since swimming in the ocean in Seven Miles is better than any pool anyway. The island is small, and driving anywhere will take a short time.
The rooms are very comfortable, if not particularly luxurious or chic. No room has sea view. Beds are large and very nice; bathrooms are ok. Mine was quite large but a bit musty. The kitchenette is essential but there's anything you might need in case you want to eat in (aside: eating on the island is expensive and often not that great. Best meals are jerk chicken from bbqs on the beach - the closest to the hotel is in public beach- and fresh pan fried chicken from a small restaurant on the beach in west bay). The restaurant of the hotel is a good option for meals; keep in mind that guests of the hotel have no priority, and you might have to wait for a while as it often gets very busy. They do offer a takeout option, which comes handy if you want to eat in the room, but only when they are not too busy. They do not accomodate flexible take-out orders, that is you cannot order take out in advance.
Service was good throughout. Receptionists were very kind, and were helpful in many instances, namely in booking activities on the island. Cleaning was thorough. The hotel offers no gym of its own, but it does provide free access to a gym a few minutes away by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands