Sunshine Suites is in my top 5 hotels I've stayed at around the world.
Their staff is very welcoming and helpful. Their location is perfect. The rooms are always so unbelievably clean. The kitchenette is fantastic for a week long stay. The restaurant is really good for a hotel restaurant.
- THE BEDS ARE FANTASTIC!!! We usually have back problems. Their beds we really amazing. Got to love a good night's sleep!
- Fresh Beach towels and beach chairs.
The front office handed out fresh beach towels (1 per guest) any time you needed them. This service was incredible! It was so nice being able to go to the beach/diving/snorkeling without having to lug around your own towel or worry about a dry towel. The beach chairs they have (located on the side of the front office building) are also available to all guests free of charge. The chairs are shockingly comfortable. We took them to an impromptu picnic on the beach at Smith Cove. Very nice!
The hotel is located right across the street from the Westin and the Ritz. You can walk across the street to the beach, or, if you have a rental car, drive down to park at Governor's beach (the closest) or Seven Mile public beach parking area. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A RENTAL CAR!!! You don't have to have one, but we really like exploring and it's the best way to do it. Cabs are expensive! Another great perk is being walking distance to the liquor store (maybe a 2 minute walk) and Captain Marvin's snorkeling trip. There's also a breakfast cafe in front of the hotel complex which looked nice, but was crowded when we peeked in.
On several occasions, the staff made great recommendations for trips and restaurants. They made reservations for us. They also were really friendly around the hotel grounds and made the stay that much more enjoyable.
- The Breakfast (included for us)
The breakfast surpassed my expectations. They always had the standard (cereals, oatmeal -but the fresh oatmeal-, fruit, yogurt). But then they also threw in eggs (several different ways throughout the week) and the occasional pancake or french toast. Their pastries were also good.
MY ONLY ADVICE:
- Drinks are pricey at the restaurant (CI$9 for alcohol CI$3 for soda). They're even more expensive across the street though. They portion sizes are pretty big, we always split a meal everywhere we went. The tacos at the Grill are really good!
- I would recommend a ground floor room if you have a rental car just for added convenience.
- The studio room was big enough for two people. An upgrade really isn't necessary unless you have more than two people
- The breaker tripped in the bathroom a couple of times due to the fan being on. It's an easy reset with the light switch button, but it took us a bit to figure that out!
It's one of the best priced hotels for what they offer. I highly recommend staying here for a week long stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands