“Love this place!!”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Parrish, Florida, United States
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Have stayed here twice now. Everything here is excellent...cleanliness of the room, all of the staff, location and value. Have not one complaint about Sunshine Suites Resort. Already planning our third trip next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Everything in Grand Cayman is expensive, but I felt we good a good deal with Sunshine Suites. The rooms are comparable to Holiday Inn rooms. Pretty nice breakfast buffet each morning. Hotel is across the street from SMB. There are also some good restaurants nearby, such as the sushi restaurant (name escapes me at the moment) and Eats Café ... not to mention the fro-yo place! All of these establishments are in the same shopping strip within walking distance of the Sunshine Suites.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ACinSC
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My fiance and I just returned from a good stay at Sunshine Suites. We thought that this hotel was a great value and didn't mind that it wasn't located directly on the beach. We had a rental car during our stay and ended up driving a couple of minutes down the road to Governor's Beach rather than using the beach across the street from the hotel. Governor's Beach had a few trees that provided shade so that we didn't need to buy an umbrella.

Most of the tour operators will pick you up right by the front office and there are several restaurants and a frozen yogurt shop within walking distance. Also nice to have the restaurant right on site. The included breakfast was good, and usually included yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, and muffins.

A couple of things that may bother some are you could hear a lot of road noise from the room, and the A/C seemed extremely loud, but since we weren't really in the room all that much it wasn't a big concern for us.

Overall, a good stay and we would recommend this place to others who are looking for a convenient location at much less cost than the hotels across the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hokiedave
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here twice last year when I was on the island. And both times I was very pleased with the service I received even before I arrived. I remember when I made my first reservation I had to call back to make a change because more people were coming along. They took care of my request without a question. Then when we arrived, I had just one piece of luggage and they were all so eager to help me with it even though it was more than manageable for me.

The value for money was great in my opinion.....the room (on both occasions) were up to my expectations and very very clean (which is a must for me (slight OCD!!!)). The beds were lovely, very comfortable and soft! My pleasure sleeping on those lol.
I remember that first day we arrived, I was sooo tired, all I could do when we entered the room was to fall asleep, and the bed made that so easy for me :-)

And because they are right on the great seven mile beach, we had access to all the restaurants and entertainment either by just walking (in some cases) not even 5 minutes or by catching a bus from the main street, which comes every 10 minutes or so. Its the perfect location for beach access as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BlaquBerry
WPG, MB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had an excellent stay at the Sunshine Suites. The hotel is across the street from the beach but in all honesty we never even used that part of the beach once. There are multiple entrances to the beach (look for the brown signs) and Governor's Beach is about a 2 minute drive. Its better to go to that beach because it isn't crowded and you're not stuck between two hotels.

The hotel's location is great. The strip mall just steps away from the hotel has a liquor store & Captain Marvin's Tours, if your interested in any snorkeling or Sting Ray action.

The rooms are very clean. I am picky about cleanliness like most people and our room was clean every single day.

Also, we rented a car so it was nice that parking was free at the hotel. WiFi was free. Breakfast is free too! It is usually muffins, toast, an egg dish, fruit and yogurt and if i remember right, another dish that is a surprise each day. I enjoyed the breakfast everyday. It's just for hotel guests so there is no worry that you won't get a seat.

Overall the stay was great and I highly recommend this hotel. It has the number one restaurant on trip advisor, it is steps from the beach and it's about 1000$ less than the big hotels that you won't spend any time in any ways because there is way too much to see in Grand Cayman!

Pick sunshine suites, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheKingsLady
Brentwood, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Good value, friendly staff and clean rooms with fridge, cooker and table etc, great food and breakfast is free too. Only two minutes from the beach and a number of bars and restaurants are also pretty close by. Would stay with them again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank St R
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a group reservation for my wedding guests here and the process to set it up was easy enough. I did it exclusively through email via their sales department. We got a great deal on the rooms, so it's worth it to do a group booking if you can for even better pricing.

I would say that our stay here was okay. There wasn't any extra courtesy extended to us because we booked a group there and all of us were spread out between the two buildings. They didn't keep us together and even with that, I wasn't provided a list of rooms that my guests were in so I basically just called the front desk to get connected to them every time. It was sort of a hassle. There were some other front desk customer service issues that put a slight damper on our stay and we had a few mishaps happen that could have been avoided with proper communication and as a result, ended up in a scathing review from us. However, we have resolved those issues with management. We just wish they communicated with us during our stay and checked in with us to make sure things were going smoothly at the time, instead of following up afterwards, but it's all good.

Sunshine Suites has a pool and restaurant on site (Sunshine Grill) that is VERY popular. The fish tacos are a standout there. However, if you are a guest at the hotel, you won't get preference with getting a seat, so make a reservation if you can. As a guest, they do offer continental breakfast which comes with the price of the room. The breakfast left a bit to be desired most days, but the mini muffins were good. Get there early for best choice (before 8am). With that said, for the price and you're in Grand Cayman, you can't expect much more than what they offer really.

I think overall, we liked the hotel and what it has to offer. Hopefully, we can give them another chance in the future.

Room Tip: make sure to request a ground level room when making your reservation if you don't want to climb...