Gracious and friendly staff, clean rooms, nice pool and one of the island's best restaurants - voted best hamburger! The rooms were roomy with fridge, microwave, coffee maker and two burner stove. You are across the street and one hotel away from the world famous Seven Mile Beach. Breakfast wasn't great - esp. if you don't like eggs. Stayed for 6 days and two days were hard boiled eggs, one day was creamed hard boiled eggs, another morning was small cheese omelet, another day was egg scramble and the best was french toast. They also offer small muffins, bread, oatmeal and fresh fruit.
Loved the expansive lawn that had a hammock and several Adirondack chairs. They also provide clean beach towels and comfortable beach chairs for you to carry with you to the beach.
The front desk provides everything from printing boarding passes to arranging and recommending activities from scuba dives, to horseback riding and restaurant reservations. They will also call taxis if you want one.
We tried one day without a vehicle and found that renting one allowed us to really enjoy all of the island. Was almost the same as we would have spent in taxis - maybe even a bit less. Just be aware that it's a British territory, so driving is on the opposite side of the road as USA - also the circles take some getting use to because they're reverse what we're use to as well.
Loved the turtle farm, The Queen's Botanical Garden and explored several different beaches. Saw a blue iguana (gorgeous) at the Garden, Black, orange and yellow land crabs crossing the street and rustling in dried leaves and so many fish we couldn't remember them all - some right in front of the Westin.
A TIP - visit the turtle farm, Queen's Garden and the 5-beach properties, Stingray City, Georgetown and well as any water excursions when there are no cruises. Things get unbelievably busy when the cruises are in and folks are on the island.
Several great restaurants walking distance from the resort - Sushi and healthy food in the small shopping center in front of the resort, and several great 5 star restaurants within 5 city blocks.
The resort was very well maintained - only thing we noticed was a bit of water damage at the bottom of the bathroom door and one or two places where paint was flaking in the common areas, but that's being extremely picky in a tropical area. Also loved Paco - the very friendly resident cat. If you don't like cats - he seemed to know and would avoid you. If you're expecting a 5 star Marriott type of place with a gorgeous view of the water - this is not for you; but if you like comfortable, cozy and friendly accommodations at a reasonable price this place is for you. Plenty of parking for rental vehicles and the "cabana" had stuffed furniture you'd have at home. Great for honeymoon couples, retired couples, families or traveling alone. We saw it all, heard no complaints and everyone we met seemed to have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands