“Service Excellence!!”

Sunshine Suites Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family visited on spring break & it was VERY busy. Despite this, the front desk staff remained pleasant - and were quick to help out with every request. The rooms are perfect for a family looking for a relaxing beach vacation. It is a simple hotel, meeting all of your basic needs. If you need opulence, this is not the place for you The trip across the busy road to the beach is an adventure, but drivers are courteous & this was never a problem. This was our 2nd stay here & we look forward to returning to this friendly, relaxed resort.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd level this trip & preferred this location. Having previously stayed on the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank julbel1010

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is exactly how the website describes it to be. Everyone is friendly and helpful.The grounds are very well maintained as well as the resort buildings from everything that I observed. I do wish that the entire pool area was non-smoking- it is a family friendly resort afterall. We stayed 9 days and received excellent service throughout the entire time. The staff at the front desk always greeted us with a smile and inquired about how they could help us. Our room was serviced in a timely manner everyday. The ladies at the Sunshine Grill (Annamarie and Jacqueline- just to name a couple) were very pleasant and always had everything set up for breakfast by 7am. The selection for breakfast is fine- I was especially excited the one day when they had pancakes- yummy! The afternoon/evening staff at the Sunshine Grill were wonderful too (more information in my restaurant review). There are several other very good restaurants within walking distance.
I liked having access to a washer and dryer. Would I like to stay directly on the beach ?? sure- but walking the 150yds from the resort was fine and even when there was traffic you were able to cross the street. Cost-U-Less and Foster's Food Fair were within walking distance. On our first day we bought a lot of groceries at Foster's-we walked there but needed to take a taxi back-customer service at Foster's called one for us-no problem. Just remember stores are closed on Sundays. The $20 we spent for an umbrella at Cost-U-Less was well worth it. Check the resort first-where the beach chairs are stored-people leave their umbrellas behind upon checking out as we did.
I don't want to forget that one of my highlights was having the resident cat, Paco, out and about. He's very friendly but I'm sure if you're not a cat person, he won't bother you.

Room Tip: The king bedroom suite had plenty of room.
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice, clean and well kept. I had read all the reviews and knew what to expect...not on the beach, a bit of a walk etc. If my kids had been with me I don't think I would have enjoyed lugging chairs and all their stuff to the beach. The pool was disappointing, not that we were there for the pool but we did try and relax there one afternoon and it was so small, you could hear everyone's conversations and if you're a non smoker like myself I didn't appreciate all the cigarette smoke. Since its a small area a designated smoking place somewhere outside of the pool area would have been nice. I was looking forward to the breakfast but was disappointed, i expected more from what previous reviewers had said about the offerings. If you're looking to spend less and don't mind not being on the beach then it's a good value

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank texasmom2three
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been going to the Caymans for over 20 Yrs and own 2 wks timeshare on the island.Having just retired we decided to extend our stay and booked 1 month at Sunshine Suites.The staff was exceptional,friendly and helpful.The restuarant value great and the free continental breakfast to boot. You do have to cross the street for beach,but it was easy and they provide you with strap carrying beach chairs.Full kitchen was great as we stayed for 1 month.Maid service daily,clean towels and overall best deal on the island. The grounds are well maintained and free WI-FI in rooms. My husband and I are so looking forward to 2014!

Room Tip: Love the delux one bedroom
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire C
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our third stay at Sunshine Suites and we have never been disappointed. Beautiful grounds, clean, well equipped rooms, very friendly staff, a great restaurant and nicely affordable. We'll be back next year.

3  Thank Mikey067
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the Sunshine Suites for a week in March. The prices being very high for hotels in Grand Cayman, this hotel was actually one of the cheapest available, but considering it cost over 200$ a night, I still expected it to be a little better. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent hotel with very comfortable rooms, but I think only in a market such as the Caymans would I accept shelling out over 200$ for such a hotel.
The staff at the reception desk were really great and very friendly, especially the guy who greeted us on the first day and who, apart from an amazing memory, was extremely helpful throughout our stay. The room was very big, with huge, very comfortable beds and a well equipped kitchenette and bathroom. It also had a good selection of tv channels. The only few things I disliked about the room was the rather noisy fan, the large soap bars (which were left until used-up, but that's ecological so I understand it), the absence of a rope to hang your wet clothes on (it's a beach destination after all) and the fact that the rooms are set up in a motel-like fashion which gives it a bit of a cheap look. We also had a guy come twice to our door trying to open it on the first night, but he was obviously drunk and I could hardly blame the hotel for that.
The grounds of the hotel were nice and so was the pool area. The Sunshine grill was a great restaurant option for lunch or dinner, but I must say I was a little disappointed with the included breakfast as I had heard it was very good from previous guests. The selection at breakfast was changing from day to day, but when it came to eggs they always had only one option and sometimes it was a pretty bad one, and when it came to fruit, the selection was very limited. The bread was also quite bad and the jams offered one of the most basic ones to be found.
The WIFI internet connection was a irregular most of the time and sometimes didn't work at all. The hotel is a short walk away from Seven Mile Beach, a little strip mall, as well as a big Costco style supermarket, but rather far from Georgetown (about 45min walk).
All in all, not a bad hotel. It's a good deal for the Cayman Islands. Considering the price I would recommend it, but I think there's a little room for improvement to make it really worth that price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank mark1977Montreal
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Third trip to Grand Cayman and third stay at the Sunshine Suites. Great place to stay for a very reasonable price. Just across the street from the seven mile beach. ( this may be a concern for families with small children) . The hotel provides beach towels , chairs and they also keep a few beach umbrellas on hand ( bequeathed to them by previous guests) which they will also give out on a first come first serve basis. Rooms are clean and well maintained.A more than adequate breakfast is included with the room and the Sunshine Grill is a great spot for lunch or dinner( with a complimentary mini ice cream cone for dessert). The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating . Bike rental available on site, which proved to be a fun way to see Georgetown. All and all a great value for your dollar. If you travel to Grand Cayman to swim in a pool,this place isn't for you, as the pool is small and could use some updating and some of the tables are designated for outdoor dining for the Sunshine Grill. But then again who goes to Grand Cayman to sit at a pool?????

1  Thank bsteves
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#6 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!