The Sunshine Suites Resort was decent, clean and provides good value.. but not great. We had two rooms; one room for my wife and I and the other room for our children (17, 21). Our rooms were located on the ground floor which was nice. It was a little noisy (AC/Lawn cutting). It's a plus to have the Sunshine Grill only yards away. We ate at the grill for the delicious continental breakfasts. We had trouble getting a seat for dinner (the first two nights) because the Grill is always standing room only at night (with a minimum of 1 hour wait after 6-7pm). We did do "take out" one night and tried the fish tacos, which were "zesty" and lived up to their reputation as best on the island. The staff were very pleasant and always smiling. We would not likely come back to the Sunshine Suites, but instead stay on the East End (Reef) or Rum Point (long ride from airport but one of the nicest parts of the island).
Recommend renting a car. We drove all over the island, and it really made our trip. Seven Mile Beach was nice, but nothing like the little beaches scattered all over the islands (e.g., Spotts, Rum Point)... We did walk to Seven Mile Beach a couple of times, and the walk was adventurous at best, if not out right dangerous. Someone described it as "Frogger", which was pretty accurate.
If you are looking for a good, reasonable prices and happy staff "base camp" for your trip to Grand Cayman, Sunshine is a decent place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands