“A terriffic deal”

Sunshine Suites Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed 6 days. The hotel was completely full ,but it was always extremely QUIET., and no lines or waiting for anything.Our room was basically perfect .Impeccably clean and big. It had a fully equipped kitchen , which came in real handy . The free breakfast was an extensive spread and changed every day .Unless you really like bacon and sausage, it had everything . The internet(also free) worked flawlessly the whole week. The staff (mostly Caymanian) was always particularly helpful and always super friendly. This hotel is across the street from the beach, which did not present any difficulties at all ( free beach chairs , too ) Perhaps relevant to some convention goers, this hotel is directly across the street from the 2 biggest ( and most expensive) hotels on the strip, except here you have a really nice yard with Adirondack chairs and a hammock, and plenty of parking.This place has a real Caymanian flavor and we didn't feel like we were staying at a big box hotel on Miami Beach. We were told by other conventioneers that the big hotels really kill you with extra charges for everything, on top of their high rates.. We had no such complaints. The business center lacked a printer , which was a little inconvenient, but other than this, everything was really perfect

Room Tip: We didnt inspect any other rooms. There didnt appear to be any rooms in a noisy location, like near...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sunshine Suites Resort

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my first time going to the cayman islands and I saw really good reviews for this resort and also realized it was much more affordable than the other hotels right on the beach. In the end we were not disappointed. There are beach chairs provided or you can just snag a chair from the Westin since they have way too many for just their own guests and didn't seem to mind us borrowing one (but if everyone did this eventually they would probably get annoyed). The only downside to being across the street is you have to play frogger everyday to get to the beach and there is more traffic there than I expected but if you wait long enough there will be a gap. We used the in-room kitchen to make mac and cheese one day for lunch, heat up leftovers, and heat up frozen hamburgers we bought from the Cost-U-Less a few blocks away. This helped us save money by not having to buy lunch (it is also a good place to get jugs of water to have in the fridge). The only negative I have was that the continental breakfast was a bit lacking. There was toast, various muffins, 2 choices of fruit, a random flavor of yogurt, 1-2 hot items (scrambled eggs, omlettes, hardboiled eggs in a sauce, etc.), oatmeal and 4 choices of cereal everyday. I was usually able to find something but by then end of the week I had eaten peanut butter on toast almost everyday. They keep the area around the hotel very clean and also offer to clean your room everyday or you can have them skip a day if you don't need anything. We also had good service from the front desk people who helped us one day when our separately booked snorkeling trip transportation was 45 min late. They had cell phone numbers for most of the tour companies on the island and were able to call them and get everything sorted out so we didn't miss our trip. In the end I would definitely stay at the Sunshine Suites again if we were to go back to the cayman islands.

Room Tip: The studio suite room was definitely big enough for a couple unless you really want a separate area...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Meagan C
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stay here when ever I need a hotel & am not staying with friends- I love the spacious rooms & kitchenette. The rooms are all tiled floors with a love seat chair and sm kitchen table in the common entry area. The bedroom is roomy and comfortable/ king or 2 queen beds with an island facing window with lg plantation shutters on all windows. You wil love the lg free poolside breakfast buffet. Any meal at the poolside bar/restaurant gives u a lg variety & choice of gourmet tasting food, from tres tacos :1jamaican 1chicken 1fish or the famous kitchen sink burger wc is huge and the most flavorful I've had sided with fried jalapeños/onion shavings & fries. Tons of other things that are equally mouthwatering & very creative.
The feel of the property is fresh tropical island living with punches of tropical colors immaculately groomed lawn and gardens open and not crowded - Walk across the street and u have miles of white sand under your toes and the Caribbean view that takes your breath away. I love this place we have stayed here many times and will definitely return. I am very picky and this is a little gem-
The only downside is the pool is not private there are always guests eating feet away from the pool edge. Even that isnt that bad i was just trying to be as realistic and honest of u prefer a private sunbathing pool area this isn't it. I've never used it since the most beautiful beach is just minutes to walk to.
You won't be disappointed 5***** for a place not on the water but easy to get to.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank IslandGirl070
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place was exactly as described on this site. Quiet, clean and friendly. Great breakfast, with cold items and some hot items everyday. I would highly rec. this hotel. Everyone was practically falling over themselves to greet us, help us... There were plenty of chairs to take to the beach, a short walk across the street. I would compare this hotel to a Hampton Inn sort of a place. The little kitchenette was great to store food, wine....We had sandwiches in the room everyday for lunch and ate at the Sunshine Grill 4 times. My only issue was the lack of safe in the room. There are boxes in the lobby, so it was not an big issue, but in room safes would be easier. We kept some money and our iPad in the room without issue. Housekeeping was great and had our room cleaned by lunchtime everyday. We were in room 306. Feel free to IM me with questions.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rucingok
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my second time staying in the Sunshine Suites. It's still a great value and the grounds are clean as well as the rooms. The breakfast that's included is a little bland but there's a cafe called "Eats" in front of the hotel and they have great food.

My favorite feature is the in-room kitchen. There's a stove, full refrigerator, freezer, toaster, coffee machine, cooking utensils, wine glasses, and dishes. I was able to make eggs and toast for breakfast and fancy little appetizers with wine before we went out to dinner.

My only complaint is that the wireless internet is a little slow at times but it was certainly not a deal breaker.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katherine Z
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the fifth time I have stayed at the Sunshine Suites on business. Whilst it consistently ranks as the Trip Advisor No 1, I imagine some of the 5-star hotels like Ritz Carlton are a bit peeved. It's all down to price, really, which is rather unfair - and masses of favourable reports!

The hotel continues to maintain its excellent standards of friendliness, cleanliness and comfort. I continue to feel, however, that the Sunshine Grill needs expanding somehow; a limited number of tables inside and just 5 served tables outside does not seem to be sufficient for the number of guests who use the restaurant, particularly at "peak" meal times. On several occasions I opted to jump in my car and visit a nearby restaurant rather than wait for the queues to subside.

Room Tip: There are no lifts, so if you don't like stairs a room on the ground floor is advisable. None o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Friendly office staff! Lovely grounds with cozy hammocks. Spacious rooms. Best restaurant on the island. Only down fall is that it isn't located on the beach. But a budget and family friendly place to stay. Free breakfast was an added bonus. I will recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!